|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Autumn 1934,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of trees are in Billie Jo's front yard?
2. How does dust get into the classroom?
(a) Through the mail slot
(b) Down the chimney
(c) The skylight
(d) The cracks in the walls and the windows
3. How does Ma care for the trees?
(a) Prunes them each summer
(b) Doesn't do anything to them
(c) Fertilizes them every week
(d) Waters them despite the drought
4. What hope floats in in this chapter, August 1934?
(a) Increased wheat prices
(b) Bank loans
(c) Higher wages
(d) The smell of rain
5. In what opera is Billie Jo's teacher going to sing?
(a) Madame Butterfly
(c) The Marriage of Figaro
Short Answer Questions
1. What flowers would grow on the graves of the war dead?
2. The boy who stops at Billie Jo's house to work and eat is headed to __________________.
3. Where does Daddy go to work?
4. Ma is burned so badly that she is _______________________.
5. What does Billie Jo see on the way to the store?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)