|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Autumn 1934,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billie Jo call her father since Ma's death?
(a) Daddy dearest
(b) Kerosene killer
(c) My father
2. What does Daddy say uses up more water than the wheat?
(b) Washing dishes
(c) Apple trees
(d) Doing laundry
3. Why does Billie Jo go to Mrs. Brown's house?
(a) To learn to sew
(b) To take singing lessons
(c) To see a flower as big as a plate
(d) To eat raspberry pie
4. Ma is burned so badly that she is _______________________.
5. What little bit of good happens at the beginning of Summer 1934?
(a) A new car
(b) A bank loan
(c) An inheritance
(d) A drizzling rain
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country did Billie Jo's father serve during the war?
2. What does Ma think will help get water to the crops?
3. How many other children other than Billie Jo are in Billie Jo's family in the Beginning?
4. What do the girls at the show want to know about Mad Dog?
5. What does Miss Freeland explain to Billie Jo's class?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)