|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summer 1934,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country did Billie Jo's father serve during the war?
2. What does President Roosevelt encourage people to plant in the dust bowl?
(a) Prairie grass
3. What crop is dying and drying up?
4. Who is Arley Wanderdale?
(a) A seed salesman
(b) The local extension agent
(c) The army recruiter
(d) Billie Jo's music teacher
5. What musical instrument does Billie Jo like?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the pail that Ma grabs in the kitchen?
2. In what year is Billie Jo born?
3. The boy who stops at Billie Jo's house to work and eat is headed to __________________.
4. What does Billie Jo forget about when she's on the road?
5. Billie Jo says about her father that "If he had cried, his tears would have been __________ too, but he didn't cry."
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)