|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summer 1934,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Billie Jo says about her father that "If he had cried, his tears would have been __________ too, but he didn't cry."
2. What musical instrument does Billie Jo like?
3. How much wheat does one farmer get from a 20-bushel acre?
(a) 3 bushels
(b) 8 bushels
(c) 17 bushels
(d) 13 bushels
4. What noteworthy event happens in Hawaii in the summer of 1934?
(a) Pearl Harbor is attacked
(b) Mount Kilauea erupts
(c) The stereo is invented
(d) There is a pineapple pickers strike
5. What happens when Billie Jo throws the pail outside?
(a) It hits a neighbor kid
(b) It breaks in two
(c) It breaks a window
(d) It hits Ma and she is burned
Short Answer Questions
1. What does President Roosevelt encourage people to plant in the dust bowl?
2. Who is Arley Wanderdale?
3. What color is the dust storm that roars through the area?
4. What does Billie Jo wish she could buy at the store?
5. Who has a reputation for cheating customers at his store?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)