|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summer 1934,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What scholastic achievement does Billie Jo reach?
(a) Full college scholarship
(b) Winner of the regional spelling bee
(c) Completed high school two years early
(d) Highest in the state achievement tests
2. What noteworthy event happens in Hawaii in the summer of 1934?
(a) The stereo is invented
(b) There is a pineapple pickers strike
(c) Pearl Harbor is attacked
(d) Mount Kilauea erupts
3. How does Billie Jo have to set the table during the dust bowl era?
(a) With dish towels covering the food
(b) With a plastic tablecloth
(c) With the plates and glasses upside down
(d) With plastic wrap over the dishes
4. Ma is burned so badly that she is _______________________.
5. What does Daddy do as a result of Ma's injuries?
(a) Goes on a drinking binge
(b) Hires some help
(c) Sells the farm
(d) Makes out his will
Short Answer Questions
1. Ma thinks they should try growing some crops that do better in dry weather like cotton or ______________.
2. What does Billie Jo do as the dust storm approaches?
3. When did Ma start to teach Billie Jo how to play the piano?
4. What is contained in the boxes that Billie Jo finds?
5. For what fruit does Billie Jo have a fondness?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)