|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summer 1934,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ma care for the trees?
(a) Prunes them each summer
(b) Waters them despite the drought
(c) Fertilizes them every week
(d) Doesn't do anything to them
2. What ruins the family's winter wheat crop?
(c) A dust storm
3. Why does Ma make Billie Jo return to the store?
(a) She forgot the sugar
(b) She got four cents too much in change
(c) She forgot the coffee
(d) She forgot to get the mail
4. Why does Billie Jo think she should get extra credit in class?
(a) She shares her textbooks
(b) Dust blows into the classroom during a dust storm
(c) She did extra homework
(d) She tutored a classmate
5. Which of the following is not one of the things Billie Jo expects to eat after the apples are ripe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What little bit of good happens at the beginning of Summer 1934?
2. To what state is Billie Jo's best friend moving?
3. What is Daddy doing based on advice Ma had given him?
4. When did Ma start to teach Billie Jo how to play the piano?
5. What do Mr. Noble and Mr. Romney do to take care of the pests?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)