|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Spring 1934,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crop is dying and drying up?
2. How does Billie Jo have to set the table during the dust bowl era?
(a) With a plastic tablecloth
(b) With dish towels covering the food
(c) With plastic wrap over the dishes
(d) With the plates and glasses upside down
3. What does Daddy say uses up more water than the wheat?
(a) Apple trees
(b) Doing laundry
(d) Washing dishes
4. What does Billie Jo call playing piano on stage?
(a) A one time thing
(c) Nerve wracking
5. What helps Billie Jo escape life's problems?
(b) Her piano
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ma make Billie Jo return to the store?
2. In what year is Billie Jo born?
3. Ma thinks they should try growing some crops that do better in dry weather like cotton or ______________.
4. How many trees are in Billie Jo's front yard?
5. How much wheat does one farmer get from a 20-bushel acre?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)