|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Spring 1934,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What scholastic achievement does Billie Jo reach?
(a) Full college scholarship
(b) Winner of the regional spelling bee
(c) Highest in the state achievement tests
(d) Completed high school two years early
2. Ma thinks they should try growing some crops that do better in dry weather like cotton or ______________.
3. Billie Jo says about her father that "If he had cried, his tears would have been __________ too, but he didn't cry."
4. Billie Jo likes seeing new places and ________________________.
(a) Taking pictures
(b) Having fun
(c) Going sightseeing
(d) Meeting new people
5. How does Ma care for the trees?
(a) Prunes them each summer
(b) Waters them despite the drought
(c) Doesn't do anything to them
(d) Fertilizes them every week
Short Answer Questions
1. What ruins the family's winter wheat crop?
2. What color is the dust storm that roars through the area?
3. What does Billie Jo call playing piano on stage?
4. What does Billie Jo do as the dust storm approaches?
5. How does Billie Jo have to set the table during the dust bowl era?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)