|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summer 1935,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What scholastic achievement does Billie Jo reach?
(a) Full college scholarship
(b) Highest in the state achievement tests
(c) Winner of the regional spelling bee
(d) Completed high school two years early
2. What does Billie Jo think her father is looking for when he looks at her?
(a) Her grammar
(b) Traces of Ma
(c) Her manners
(d) Her hygiene
3. What does Billie Jo take with her when she leaves in the middle of the night?
(a) A little money and food
(b) A little money and Ma's picture
(c) Clothes on her back
(d) Aunt Ellis' letter and some food
4. Why does Ma make Billie Jo return to the store?
(a) She forgot to get the mail
(b) She forgot the coffee
(c) She forgot the sugar
(d) She got four cents too much in change
5. What does Billie Jo do each day before and after school?
(b) Practices piano
(d) Writes in a journal
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daddy do when a good rain comes following the snow?
2. What happens to Ma as Billie Jo is trying to save the apple trees?
3. To what state is Billie Jo's best friend moving?
4. What does the sheriff give to Miss Freeland for the children?
5. In what opera is Billie Jo's teacher going to sing?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)