|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summer 1935,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Billie Jo says about her father that "If he had cried, his tears would have been __________ too, but he didn't cry."
2. What is the relationship between Billie Jo and Daddy?
(a) They don't talk much
(b) They spend as much time together as possible
(c) They avoid each other
(d) They are hostile
3. Mad Dog says he got his name because as a child he used to _________________ like a mad dog.
(a) Run the streets
(c) Eat anything he could
(d) Rattle his chain
4. What does Billie Jo's father have on his face?
5. What does Billie Jo do as the dust storm approaches?
(a) Watches from a big window
(c) Hides in her bedroom
(d) Stuffs rugs under the doors and rags around the windows
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Daddy doing based on advice Ma had given him?
2. In Billie Jo's dream, Ma gives birth to a baby ______________.
3. What happens to Ma as Billie Jo is trying to save the apple trees?
4. What helps Billie Jo escape life's problems?
5. Who will be singing at the dance revue?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)