|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summer 1935,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is James Kingsbury?
(a) The new Methodist minister
(b) Secretary of State
(c) A Canadian photographer
(d) A Congressman
2. To what event do Billie Jo and her father go all dressed up?
(a) A neighbor's wedding
(b) A cousin's funeral
(c) The Spring Fling
(d) The President's Ball
3. What does Billie Jo see along the tracks?
4. Why does Ma make Billie Jo return to the store?
(a) She got four cents too much in change
(b) She forgot to get the mail
(c) She forgot the coffee
(d) She forgot the sugar
5. What flowers would grow on the graves of the war dead?
(a) Blue iris
(b) Pink peonies
(c) Red poppies
(d) White roses
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Ma as Billie Jo is trying to save the apple trees?
2. What can Billie Jo no longer tolerate?
3. The sheriff catches some men producing _________________ down by the river.
4. What does Billie Jo see on the way to the store?
5. What do Mr. Noble and Mr. Romney do to take care of the pests?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)