|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summer 1935,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billie Jo test the difference between snow and dust?
(a) She mixes it with water
(b) She makes a snow angel
(c) She shovels the walk
(d) She makes a snowball
2. What happens when Billie Jo throws the pail outside?
(a) It breaks in two
(b) It hits Ma and she is burned
(c) It hits a neighbor kid
(d) It breaks a window
3. What realization does Billie Jo come to while on the train?
(a) She wants to move to Amarillo
(b) She misses her father
(c) She wants to go to Aunt Ellis' house
(d) She has left her father alone
4. Who shares the train car with Billie Jo?
(a) A priest
(b) A single mother
(c) A newlywed couple
(d) A dirty man
5. Who has been Billie Jo's best friend since first grade?
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the people of Oklahoma begin to think that the dust plague might be over?
2. What does Daddy say uses up more water than the wheat?
3. To what event do Billie Jo and her father go all dressed up?
4. Which of the following does not hurt Billie Jo's hands?
5. What do the ranchers collect in the spring to feed their cows?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)