|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summer 1934,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What noteworthy event happens in Hawaii in the summer of 1934?
(a) Pearl Harbor is attacked
(b) There is a pineapple pickers strike
(c) Mount Kilauea erupts
(d) The stereo is invented
2. When did Ma start to teach Billie Jo how to play the piano?
(a) On Christmas
(b) On her tenth birthday
(c) During summer vacation
(d) On her fifth birthday
3. What does Daddy do as a result of Ma's injuries?
(a) Hires some help
(b) Makes out his will
(c) Goes on a drinking binge
(d) Sells the farm
4. What do Daddy and Ma argue about?
5. Billie Jo chooses a set of songs that all have the word ___________ in the title.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Arley Wanderdale?
2. How does Ma care for the trees?
3. Why is Billie Jo mad at her mother?
4. Which of the following is not one of the things Billie Jo expects to eat after the apples are ripe?
5. In what country did Billie Jo's father serve during the war?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)