|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summer 1934,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does President Roosevelt encourage people to plant in the dust bowl?
(b) Prairie grass
2. How many other children other than Billie Jo are in Billie Jo's family in the Beginning?
3. Which of the following is not one of the things Billie Jo expects to eat after the apples are ripe?
4. When did Ma start to teach Billie Jo how to play the piano?
(a) During summer vacation
(b) On Christmas
(c) On her tenth birthday
(d) On her fifth birthday
5. What is contained in the boxes that Billie Jo finds?
(a) Travel brochures
(b) Mementoes of Billie Jo's life
(c) Cookie cutters
(d) Antique knives
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mr. Noble and Mr. Romney do to take care of the pests?
2. Why is Billie Jo mad at her mother?
3. Ma thinks they should try growing some crops that do better in dry weather like cotton or ______________.
4. What does Billie Jo forget about when she's on the road?
5. What does Ma think will help get water to the crops?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)