|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Spring 1935,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hope floats in in this chapter, August 1934?
(a) Higher wages
(b) Increased wheat prices
(c) The smell of rain
(d) Bank loans
2. What type of trees are in Billie Jo's front yard?
3. What can Billie Jo no longer tolerate?
(a) Being a teenager
(b) Living with her father
(c) Going to school
(d) Being in a room with a piano
4. Billie Jo chooses a set of songs that all have the word ___________ in the title.
5. Why does Daddy get a different job?
(a) He wants an office job
(b) The crop is not going to produce anything
(c) He is bored with farming
(d) He needs insurance benefits
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billie Jo wish she could do in town?
2. How does Ma care for the trees?
3. What does Billie Jo see on the way to the store?
4. What do Billie Jo and Daddy encounter on the way to a funeral?
5. Billie Jo would be a good athlete because she is ___________ and has great hands.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)