|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Spring 1935,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Billie Jo is glad to be around Mad Dog because he _________________________ or treat her like she's handicapped.
(a) Doesn't stare at her hands
(b) Doesn't swear
(c) Doesn't leer at her
(d) Doesn't drink alcohol
2. What does Daddy say uses up more water than the wheat?
(a) Apple trees
(b) Doing laundry
(d) Washing dishes
3. Why does the person in #79 not ask Billie Jo to try out for a sport?
(a) Because the team is full
(b) Because the school has cancelled the athletic program
(c) Because her hands are injured
(d) Because they're not taking girls on the team
4. Why is Mad Dog leaving?
(a) To work on the railroad
(b) To go to college
(c) To sing on the radio
(d) To work for the power company
5. What hope floats in in this chapter, August 1934?
(a) Bank loans
(b) Higher wages
(c) The smell of rain
(d) Increased wheat prices
Short Answer Questions
1. Ma thinks they should try growing some crops that do better in dry weather like cotton or ______________.
2. What does Daddy do when a good rain comes following the snow?
3. Which of the following does Billie Jo not want to find in the world?
4. What does Billie Jo think about as she sits in front of Ma's piano?
5. What does Ma think will help get water to the crops?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)