* Billie Jo is born in a cabin in Oklahoma in 1920.
* Billie Jo likes apples and playing the piano.
* Billie Jo's mother is expecting a baby and she will be 14 when the child arrives.
* Billie Jo's best friend, Livie, is moving to California to escape the dust of Oklahoma.
* Billie Jo loves performing by playing the piano at recitals and calls it heaven.
* Because of the dust that blows into the house, Billie Jo's mother makes her place the dishes upside down when setting the table.
* Daddy gets a government loan to help with the farm and is hopeful that it will rain soon.
* A bad dust storm comes and Billie Jo sticks rugs under the doors and rags around the windows to keep the dust from coming in.
* The wheat crop is drying up and dying and there will not be enough seed for next season...
This section contains 1,381 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)