Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Winter 1934, Abstract
* Billie Jo is born in a cabin in Oklahoma in 1920.
* Billie Jo likes apples and playing the piano.
* Billie Jo's mother is expecting a baby and she will be 14 when the child arrives.
* Billie Jo's best friend, Livie, is moving to California to escape the dust of Oklahoma.
* Billie Jo loves performing by playing...
This section contains 1,535 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)