|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Rose's new laptop computer in Chapter 14?
2. What is Hungary's capital?
3. What is Connor's biggest weakness in the Whiz Kids competition?
4. What does Amanda tell Rose before the televised Whiz Kids competition in Chapter 23?
5. How many questions are the Whiz Kids teams asked in round one of the competition in Chapter 24?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. V assist Melody in achieving her objective in Chapter 15?
2. What test does Mr. Dimming give to his history class in Chapter 17? What is the purpose of the test?
3. How does Rose's new computer inspire Melody in Chapter 14?
4. How does Melody's Whiz Kids team fare on the final round of the regional tournament in Chapter 25? How does the team respond?
5. What are the first words that Melody says to her parents with her Medi-Talker? How do they respond?
6. What are the results of Mr. Dimming's test in Chapter 21?
7. What foreshadowing is seen in Chapter 19?
8. What contest has Mrs. V won in Chapter 13? How did she win the contest?
9. How does Catherine encourage Melody to keep advancing in Chapter 27?
10. Where does Melody go to eat with the Whiz Kids team in Chapter 26? What obstacle does she face when entering the establishment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Mrs. Billups and her actions as a teacher at Spaulding Street Elementary. What grade does Mrs. Billups teach at the school? How does she differ from Mrs. Tracy? Why does Mrs. Billups leave the school?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss Melody's disability. What condition is Melody diagnosed with? How does this condition affect Melody physically, mentally, and emotionally? What are the causes of Melody's condition?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Mrs. Shannon and discuss her "inclusion program." What are the objectives of the inclusion program at Spaulding Street Elementary. Is the program successful? How does Mrs. Shannon differ from Melody's previous teachers?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)