|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the score of Melody's Whiz Kids team's opponent after the first round of the competition in Chapter 24?
2. How many questions are the Whiz Kids teams asked in round one of the competition in Chapter 24?
3. What is Rose's weakness in the Whiz Kids competitions?
(a) Popular culture.
4. In what year does Rodney say Margaret Gorman was crowned the first Miss America in Chapter 22?
5. On what day of the week does Melody go to the aquarium with Mrs. V, her family, and Rose?
Short Answer Questions
1. What television show will the national Whiz Kids winners appear on?
2. Who is the moderator of the televised Whiz Kids competition in Chapter 24?
3. Who are the two alternates to the Whiz Kids team from the sixth grade?
4. How much of the cost of Melody's Medi-Talker does insurance cover?
5. How many questions does Mr. D give his class for the Whiz Kids practice quiz in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the plan for preparing for the national championship for the Spaulding Street Elementary Whiz Kids team in Chapter 27?
2. How do Melody's teachers and peers respond when she returns to school with her Medi-Talker in Chapter 16?
3. How does the media respond to the competition results at the Whiz Kids tournament in Chapter 25?
4. What is the greatest obstacle that Melody faces as she competes with the Whiz Kids team in the regional and national tournaments?
5. How does Mrs. V respond when she learns about the comment made by Mr. Dimming in Chapter 18?
6. What are the results of Mr. Dimming's test in Chapter 21?
7. What contest has Mrs. V won in Chapter 13? How did she win the contest?
8. How does Melody's Whiz Kids team fare on the final round of the regional tournament in Chapter 25? How does the team respond?
9. Who goes to the aquarium with Melody in Chapter 13? How does Melody describe the experience?
10. What are the first words that Melody says to her parents with her Medi-Talker? How do they respond?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)