|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the correct answer to the question from the Whiz Kids competition, "The battles of Lexington and Concord in the American Revolutionary War were fought in what year?"
2. What is Claire's greatest weakness in Whiz Kids trivia?
3. How many team members comprise the Whiz Kids team at Melody's school?
4. What is the stage manager's son's name who is in a wheelchair in Chapter 23?
5. What is the study of insects called?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described by Melody in Chapter 16 as "one of the popular kids, and probably the biggest and tallest kid in the fifth grade"?
2. What is the name of the stage manager at the television studio where the Whiz Kids competition is filmed in Chapter 23?
3. In what year does Rodney say Margaret Gorman was crowned the first Miss America in Chapter 22?
4. What is Mr. Dimming's first name?
5. What is the score of Crown Elementary's Whiz Kids team after round two in Chapter 24
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the greatest obstacle that Melody faces as she competes with the Whiz Kids team in the regional and national tournaments?
2. How does Melody's Whiz Kids team fare on the final round of the regional tournament in Chapter 25? How does the team respond?
3. What convinces Mr. Dimming to allow Melody to take the test in Chapter 20?
4. How does Melody describe the Whiz Kids practice sessions in Chapter 22?
5. How is Melody introduced to the character named Paul? What has Paul done to assist Melody?
6. What is Melody's reaction when she sees the newspaper in the beginning of Chapter 27?
7. How does the media respond to the competition results at the Whiz Kids tournament in Chapter 25?
8. What are the results of Mr. Dimming's test in Chapter 21?
9. How does Mrs. V respond when she learns about the comment made by Mr. Dimming in Chapter 18?
10. How do Melody's teachers and peers respond when she returns to school with her Medi-Talker in Chapter 16?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)