|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the correct answer to Rose's question in Chapter 22, "Who was the first child born in the American colonies?"
(a) Wilmer James.
(b) Virginia Dare.
(c) James Anderson.
(d) Sarah Hollins.
2. On what day of the week does Melody go to the aquarium with Mrs. V, her family, and Rose?
3. What is the correct answer to Mrs. V's question in Chapter 18, "Which word means the study of words and their meanings?"
4. How many quiz questions are there on the official Whiz Kids team test in Chapter 20?
5. What is Edison Elementary's Whiz Kids team's score after round three in Chapter 24?
Short Answer Questions
1. What ancient city was covered in ash after the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius, according to the audio Melody listens to in Chapter 18?
2. What is the name of the voice on the Medi-Talker that Melody chooses to use?
3. What word refers to the dot over a lower-case "i"?
4. What is Hungary's capital?
5. Who makes fun of Rose for going to the aquarium with Melody in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What foreshadowing is seen in Chapter 19?
2. What contest has Mrs. V won in Chapter 13? How did she win the contest?
3. What is Melody's reaction when she sees the newspaper in the beginning of Chapter 27?
4. What is the plan for preparing for the national championship for the Spaulding Street Elementary Whiz Kids team in Chapter 27?
5. What convinces Mr. Dimming to allow Melody to take the test in Chapter 20?
6. What test does Mr. Dimming give to his history class in Chapter 17? What is the purpose of the test?
7. How is Melody introduced to the character named Paul? What has Paul done to assist Melody?
8. How does Mrs. V assist Melody in achieving her objective in Chapter 15?
9. How does Rose's new computer inspire Melody in Chapter 14?
10. How does Melody describe the Whiz Kids practice sessions in Chapter 22?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)