|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stands next to Melody during the Whiz Kids competition in Chapter 24?
2. How many quiz questions are there on the official Whiz Kids team test in Chapter 20?
3. Who calls Mrs. V to tell her about Melody's experience in history class in Chapter 18?
(a) Mr. Dimming.
(d) Mrs. Shannon.
4. What month is it when the Whiz Kids team faces their first competition in Chapter 23?
5. What is the only rock that floats?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the correct answer to the question from the Whiz Kids competition, "The battles of Lexington and Concord in the American Revolutionary War were fought in what year?"
2. What is the name of the voice on the Medi-Talker that Melody chooses to use?
3. For how long does the Whiz Kids team meet after school for practice prior to their first competition in Chapter 22?
4. What kind of social media page has Rose set up on her new laptop in Chapter 14?
5. How much money does the winning Whiz Kids team take for their school at the national championships?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the greatest obstacle that Melody faces as she competes with the Whiz Kids team in the regional and national tournaments?
2. How do the national championships differ from the regional tournaments in the Whiz Kids competition?
3. How does the media respond to the competition results at the Whiz Kids tournament in Chapter 25?
4. How does Mrs. V respond when she learns about the comment made by Mr. Dimming in Chapter 18?
5. What is the plan for preparing for the national championship for the Spaulding Street Elementary Whiz Kids team in Chapter 27?
6. How does Mrs. V assist Melody in achieving her objective in Chapter 15?
7. Who goes to the aquarium with Melody in Chapter 13? How does Melody describe the experience?
8. What is Melody's reaction when she sees the newspaper in the beginning of Chapter 27?
9. How does Melody describe the Whiz Kids practice sessions in Chapter 22?
10. What derogatory remark does Mr. Dimming make regarding Melody in Chapter 17? How does she respond?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)