|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Melody when her goldfish dies?
2. What is Melody's mother's favorite flower?
3. Who are the two girls that Melody describes as "mean to almost everybody on the playground" in Chapter 11?
(a) Molly and Claire.
(b) Anna and Marie.
(c) Sarah and Emily.
(d) Christine and Michelle.
4. Who is the oldest kid in Melody's special education group at school?
5. How old is Melody when her mother becomes pregnant with her second child?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Melody's last name?
2. What is Melody's father's name?
3. Who is the author of the novel Shiloh?
4. How old is Melody when her parents give her a goldfish?
5. Who was Melody's kindergarten teacher at school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mrs. V described in Chapter 6? How does Melody know Mrs. V?
2. What kind of dog is Butterscotch? How does Melody describe Butterscotch?
3. What information does Mrs. Shannon relate to Melody's parents at the parent-teacher conference in Chapter 12?
4. How does Melody describe her communication with her father in Chapter 10?
5. How does Melody describe her mother's pregnancy in Chapter 9?
6. What causes Melody the most frustration in the early sections of the book? What is Melody's greatest obstacle?
7. How does Melody describe the importance and meaning of "words" in Chapter 1?
8. How does Melody describe her school in Chapter 5? Where does Melody go to class?
9. How does Mrs. Brooks respond to Dr. Hugely's assessment of Melody in Chapter 4?
10. Who is Ollie? How does Melody describe Ollie's death in Chapter 8?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)