|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What teacher, whom Melody describes her mother ranting at in Chapter 7, quit her job after spring break?
(a) Mrs. Billups.
(b) Mrs. Gross.
(c) Mrs. Tracy.
(d) Mrs. Shannon.
2. Who is the oldest kid in Melody's special education group at school?
3. For how long does Melody have a pet goldfish before it dies?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 2 years.
4. How old is Melody when her goldfish dies?
5. What food does Melody's father always eat when he gets home from work?
(c) Potato chips.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Melody describe Penny being obsessed with in Chapter 10?
2. What disability does Maria have?
3. What is Melody's last name?
4. What is Melody's favorite cartoon from the newspaper?
5. How old was Melody when her mother had gotten her potty trained?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Melody communicate when at school in Chapter 5? Does she find this method of communication to be satisfactory?
2. Who is Ollie? How does Melody describe Ollie's death in Chapter 8?
3. How does Melody describe her disability and its impacts on her everyday life in Chapter 2?
4. How does Melody describe her mother's pregnancy in Chapter 9?
5. Who is Dr. Hugely? What are Melody's impressions of this character?
6. How is Mrs. V described in Chapter 6? How does Melody know Mrs. V?
7. How does Melody describe the importance and meaning of "words" in Chapter 1?
8. What exchange takes place between Mrs. Brooks and Mrs. Billups in Chapter 7?
9. What are "photographic memory" and "synesthesia"? How do these terms apply to Melody in the novel?
10. How would you describe Melody's perceptions of herself in the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)