|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Melody's goldfish die?
(a) It is eaten by the cat.
(b) It dies from sitting in direct sunlight.
(c) It jumps out of the fish bowl.
(d) It is overfed.
2. On what day of the week does Melody's special education class join the other students for music education?
3. What new device does Melody receive before she starts fifth grade in Chapter 11?
(a) An electric wheelchair.
(b) A walker.
(c) A Medi-Talk machine.
(d) A respirator.
4. Where does Melody's mother describe more fighting as she reads the newspaper on Saturday morning in Chapter 10?
(a) In South Africa.
(b) In Sudan.
(c) In the Middle East.
(d) In the Balkans.
5. What school does Melody's mother enroll her in after meeting with the intelligence specialist in Chapter 4?
(a) Pineville Elementary School.
(b) Jackson Street Elementary School.
(c) Perritt Elementary School.
(d) Spaulding Street Elementary School.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Melody's favorite cartoon from the newspaper?
2. Where does Melody's mother work?
3. Who is the principal at Melody's school?
4. Who was Melody's first grade teacher at school?
5. For how long does Melody have a pet goldfish before it dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Melody describe her communication with her father in Chapter 10?
2. How have Melody's circumstances changed as she enters fifth grade in Chapter 11?
3. How does Melody describe the communication between her and her mother in Chapter 10?
4. How does Melody describe her mother's pregnancy in Chapter 9?
5. How is Mrs. V described in Chapter 6? How does Melody know Mrs. V?
6. How does Melody describe her disability and its impacts on her everyday life in Chapter 2?
7. What kind of dog is Butterscotch? How does Melody describe Butterscotch?
8. Who is Dr. Hugely? What are Melody's impressions of this character?
9. What kind of music does Melody enjoy the most? How does she describe the music in her household in Chapter 2?
10. What are "photographic memory" and "synesthesia"? How do these terms apply to Melody in the novel?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)