|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Melody's father's name?
2. What color does Melody describe her eyes as in Chapter 2?
(a) Light blue.
(b) Dark green.
(c) Dark brown.
3. What fruit does Melody associate country music with in Chapter 2?
4. Where does Melody's mother describe more fighting as she reads the newspaper on Saturday morning in Chapter 10?
(a) In the Balkans.
(b) In Sudan.
(c) In the Middle East.
(d) In South Africa.
5. What does Melody name the puppy that her father gives her?
Short Answer Questions
1. Melody recalls her father singing songs from what band to her when she was a baby in Chapter 3?
2. How old is Melody when her mother becomes pregnant with her second child?
3. What new device does Melody receive before she starts fifth grade in Chapter 11?
4. Who is the principal at Melody's school?
5. Who is the author of the novel Shiloh?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the character of Catherine introduced in Chapter 12? What are Melody's first impressions of Catherine?
2. How would you describe Melody's perceptions of herself in the beginning of the novel?
3. What are Melody's thoughts about Mrs. Billups? What grade does Mrs. Billups teach?
4. How does Melody describe her mother's pregnancy in Chapter 9?
5. How does Melody describe her communication with her father in Chapter 10?
6. How does Melody describe the importance and meaning of "words" in Chapter 1?
7. What kind of dog is Butterscotch? How does Melody describe Butterscotch?
8. Who is Ollie? How does Melody describe Ollie's death in Chapter 8?
9. How does Melody describe her school in Chapter 5? Where does Melody go to class?
10. How does Melody describe her disability and its impacts on her everyday life in Chapter 2?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)