|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What television show will the national Whiz Kids winners appear on?
(b) 60 Minutes.
(c) Good Morning America.
(d) The Ellen Show.
2. How many questions does Mr. D give his class for the Whiz Kids practice quiz in Chapter 17?
3. What is the only rock that floats?
4. Where does Connor say his grandmother lives in Chapter 21?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
5. How much of the cost of Melody's Medi-Talker does insurance cover?
(a) All of the cost.
(b) About one-third the cost.
(c) About one-fourth the cost.
(d) About half the cost.
6. What is the first sentence that Melody says to Catherine when she sees her at school in Chapter 16?
(a) "You are so nice."
(b) "Let's go to class."
(c) "Let's go shopping."
(d) "I wanted to thank you."
7. What does Amanda tell Rose before the televised Whiz Kids competition in Chapter 23?
(a) "Go get 'em, Cowgirl."
(b) "I hope you fall on your face."
(c) "Here's a four-leaf clover."
(d) "Break a leg."
8. How many questions are the Whiz Kids teams asked in round one of the competition in Chapter 24?
9. Who are the first two teams to compete in the televised Whiz Kids regional competition in Chapter 24?
(a) Edison Elementary and Spaulding Street Elementary.
(b) Jackson Elementary and Crown Elementary.
(c) Woodland Elementary and Spaulding Street Elementary.
(d) Peake Elementary and St. James Elementary.
10. How many alternate team members will be chosen from the Whiz Kids quiz in Chapter 20?
11. What is Melody's answer to the Whiz Kids quiz question, "How many sides are on a heptagon?"
12. What kind of social media page has Rose set up on her new laptop in Chapter 14?
(d) Google Plus.
13. Who stands next to Melody during the Whiz Kids competition in Chapter 24?
14. What is the subject of the essay that Mrs. V entered into a contest at the bookstore in Chapter 13?
(a) The lives of everyday people.
(b) The meaning of "the other" in literature.
(c) Why fish are important in our world ecology.
(d) Postmodernism in art and music.
15. What grades can participate in the Whiz Kids competition?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Miss Gordon say invented the flush toilet in 1596?
2. Who is the moderator of the televised Whiz Kids competition in Chapter 24?
3. What is the name of the voice on the Medi-Talker that Melody chooses to use?
4. Who are the two alternates to the Whiz Kids team from the sixth grade?
5. What is Mrs. V's pet name for Melody?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)