|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first sentence that Melody says to Catherine when she sees her at school in Chapter 16?
(a) "You are so nice."
(b) "Let's go to class."
(c) "I wanted to thank you."
(d) "Let's go shopping."
2. What is Melody's answer to the Whiz Kids quiz question, "How many sides are on a heptagon?"
3. How many team members participate on each team in the Whiz Kids national tournament?
4. When Mr. Dimming gives the Whiz Kids practice quiz in Chapter 17, everyone cheers because otherwise they would have to endure a lesson on what?
(a) The Sahara Desert.
(b) The Mojave Desert.
(c) The Trail of Tears.
(d) The Great Depression.
5. What is the correct answer to Mrs. V's question in Chapter 18, "Which word means the study of words and their meanings?"
6. What is the answer to Mrs. V's question to Melody in Chapter 19, "Which state produces the most milk?"
7. What is the score of Melody's Whiz Kids team's opponent after the first round of the competition in Chapter 24?
8. What ancient city was covered in ash after the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius, according to the audio Melody listens to in Chapter 18?
9. What does Melody ask for after completing round one of the Whiz Kids competition in Chapter 24?
(a) A Coca Cola.
(b) A glass of water.
(c) A cup of milk.
(d) A Sprite.
10. Who calls Mrs. V to tell her about Melody's experience in history class in Chapter 18?
(b) Mrs. Shannon.
(d) Mr. Dimming.
11. What is the name of the stage manager at the television studio where the Whiz Kids competition is filmed in Chapter 23?
12. How many quiz questions are there on the official Whiz Kids team test in Chapter 20?
13. What is the score of Crown Elementary's Whiz Kids team after round two in Chapter 24
14. Who does Melody choose to write her biography paper on for English class in Chapter 14?
(a) Susan B. Anthony.
(b) Samuel Beckett.
(c) Stephen Hawking.
(d) Fred Rogers.
15. Who is allowed to stand in the back of the studio behind the cameras in case Melody has an emergency in Chapter 23?
(a) Melody's dad.
(c) Mrs. V.
(d) Melody's mom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hungary's capital?
2. Who are the top scorers on the Whiz Kids quiz and named the members of the school team in Chapter 21?
3. What is the name of the voice on the Medi-Talker that Melody chooses to use?
4. Who does Miss Gordon say invented the flush toilet in 1596?
5. What color is Rose's new laptop computer in Chapter 14?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)