|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Melody's answer to the Whiz Kids quiz question, "How many sides are on a heptagon?"
2. What is the correct answer to Mrs. V's question in Chapter 18, "Which word means the study of words and their meanings?"
3. Who offers to get Melody a slice of pizza during practice in Chapter 22?
4. How much time is there between the regional Whiz Kids competition in Chapter 24 and the national finals?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 3 weeks.
5. Who are the first two teams to compete in the televised Whiz Kids regional competition in Chapter 24?
(a) Woodland Elementary and Spaulding Street Elementary.
(b) Peake Elementary and St. James Elementary.
(c) Jackson Elementary and Crown Elementary.
(d) Edison Elementary and Spaulding Street Elementary.
6. What is the stage manager's son's name who is in a wheelchair in Chapter 23?
7. What ancient city was covered in ash after the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius, according to the audio Melody listens to in Chapter 18?
8. What is the total of Melody's Whiz Kids team's points after the first round of the competition in Chapter 24?
9. How much money does the winning Whiz Kids team take for their school at the national championships?
10. What is the answer to Mrs. V's question to Melody in Chapter 19, "Which state produces the most milk?"
11. What is the name of the stage manager at the television studio where the Whiz Kids competition is filmed in Chapter 23?
12. What does Amanda tell Rose before the televised Whiz Kids competition in Chapter 23?
(a) "Go get 'em, Cowgirl."
(b) "I hope you fall on your face."
(c) "Break a leg."
(d) "Here's a four-leaf clover."
13. Where does Connor say his grandmother lives in Chapter 21?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
14. What television show will the national Whiz Kids winners appear on?
(a) The Ellen Show.
(c) 60 Minutes.
(d) Good Morning America.
15. What is the score of Melody's Whiz Kids team's opponent after the first round of the competition in Chapter 24?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the score of Crown Elementary's Whiz Kids team after round two in Chapter 24
2. What does Melody say she would draw if she could in the beginning of Chapter 13?
3. How many team members participate on each team in the Whiz Kids national tournament?
4. What is gerontology the study of?
5. What is the first sentence that Melody says to Catherine when she sees her at school in Chapter 16?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)