|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many questions does Mr. D give his class for the Whiz Kids practice quiz in Chapter 17?
2. What is the correct answer to the question from the Whiz Kids competition, "The battles of Lexington and Concord in the American Revolutionary War were fought in what year?"
3. How many team members participate on each team in the Whiz Kids national tournament?
4. What television show will the national Whiz Kids winners appear on?
(a) Good Morning America.
(b) The Ellen Show.
(d) 60 Minutes.
5. What is the name of the stage manager at the television studio where the Whiz Kids competition is filmed in Chapter 23?
6. What grades can participate in the Whiz Kids competition?
7. What is the correct answer to Rose's question in Chapter 22, "Who was the first child born in the American colonies?"
(a) Wilmer James.
(b) Sarah Hollins.
(c) James Anderson.
(d) Virginia Dare.
8. What quick meal does Melody have after school before the Whiz Kids competition in Chapter 23?
(a) A hamburger and shake.
(b) Pizza and cake.
(c) Spaghetti and meatballs.
(d) Macaroni and applesauce.
9. What word refers to the dot over a lower-case "i"?
10. How many team members comprise the Whiz Kids team at Melody's school?
11. Who offers to get Melody a slice of pizza during practice in Chapter 22?
12. What is Connor's biggest weakness in the Whiz Kids competition?
13. What is the correct answer for the quiz question in Chapter 20 regarding the capital of Columbia?
14. Where does Connor say his grandmother lives in Chapter 21?
(a) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
15. In what state does Melody live?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of the cost of Melody's Medi-Talker does insurance cover?
2. What is the first sentence that Melody says to Catherine when she sees her at school in Chapter 16?
3. For how long does the Whiz Kids team meet after school for practice prior to their first competition in Chapter 22?
4. Who is the moderator of the televised Whiz Kids competition in Chapter 24?
5. Who stands next to Melody during the Whiz Kids competition in Chapter 24?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)