|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the correct answer to the question from the Whiz Kids competition, "The battles of Lexington and Concord in the American Revolutionary War were fought in what year?"
2. For how long does the Whiz Kids team meet after school for practice prior to their first competition in Chapter 22?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 1 month.
3. What kind of social media page has Rose set up on her new laptop in Chapter 14?
(a) Google Plus.
4. Where does Connor say his grandmother lives in Chapter 21?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
5. When Mr. Dimming gives the Whiz Kids practice quiz in Chapter 17, everyone cheers because otherwise they would have to endure a lesson on what?
(a) The Mojave Desert.
(b) The Great Depression.
(c) The Sahara Desert.
(d) The Trail of Tears.
6. Where are the national Whiz Kids headquarters?
(b) New York.
(d) Washington, D.C.
7. What is Hungary's capital?
(d) New Delhi.
8. Who composed "Rhapsody in Blue"?
9. What is the name of the stage manager at the television studio where the Whiz Kids competition is filmed in Chapter 23?
10. What is Mrs. V's pet name for Melody?
(a) Princess Pea.
(c) Mello Yello.
11. Who are the two alternates that are announced for the Whiz Kids team that are in the fifth grade in Chapter 21?
(a) Claire and Sarah.
(b) Melody and Carl.
(c) Molly and Rodney.
(d) Rodney and Connor.
12. What is the correct answer to Rose's question in Chapter 22, "Who was the first child born in the American colonies?"
(a) Virginia Dare.
(b) Wilmer James.
(c) James Anderson.
(d) Sarah Hollins.
13. What is the correct answer to Mrs. V's question in Chapter 18, "Which word means the study of words and their meanings?"
14. What does Melody say she would draw if she could in the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) A house.
(b) A rose.
(c) A dog.
(d) A rainbow.
15. What is the total of Melody's Whiz Kids team's points after the first round of the competition in Chapter 24?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two alternates to the Whiz Kids team from the sixth grade?
2. How much of the cost of Melody's Medi-Talker does insurance cover?
3. Who calls Mrs. V to tell her about Melody's experience in history class in Chapter 18?
4. Who does Melody choose to write her biography paper on for English class in Chapter 14?
5. What is Rose's weakness in the Whiz Kids competitions?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)