|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Melody's mother work?
(a) At a bank.
(b) At a college.
(c) At a hospital.
(d) At an elementary school.
2. What disability does Maria have?
(a) Cerebral palsy.
(b) Multiple sclerosis.
(c) Down syndrome.
3. How old does the narrator say she is in Chapter 1?
(a) Almost 13.
(b) Almost 9.
(c) Almost 11.
(d) Almost 15.
4. Who is Melody's favorite superhero?
(a) Wonder Woman.
(c) Green Lantern.
5. What aspect of her appearance does Melody describe having appreciation for in Chapter 2?
(a) Her dimples.
(b) Her arched eyebrows.
(c) Her turned up nose.
(d) Her cheekbones.
6. What teacher from Melody's past realized that she enjoyed books and played audio books for her in special education class at school?
(a) Mrs. Billups.
(b) Mr. Gross.
(c) Mrs. Shannon.
(d) Mrs. Tracy.
7. How old is Melody when her mother becomes pregnant with her second child?
8. What is the name of the snowman that the special education class decorates each year at Christmas at Melody's school?
9. What type of music does Melody describe as her mother's favorite in Chapter 2?
10. Who is the principal at Melody's school?
(a) Mrs. Thompson.
(b) Mrs. Williams.
(c) Mr. Peters.
(d) Mrs. Anthony.
11. Melody says in Chapter 6 that Mrs. V is the only person who lets her do what?
(b) Drink sodas.
(c) Dress herself.
(d) Sleep in bed with her.
12. What type of music does Melody's father love the most?
13. Who was Melody's first grade teacher at school?
(a) Mr. Gross.
(b) Mrs. Hyatt.
(c) Mr. Dimmings.
(d) Mrs. Billups.
14. What color is Melody's wheelchair?
15. For how long does Melody have a pet goldfish before it dies?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 1 year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new device does Melody receive before she starts fifth grade in Chapter 11?
2. What sport does Willy Williams love?
3. How old is the girl named Ashley that is in Melody's special education group in Chapter 5?
4. How does the music teacher punish the two girls who make fun of the special education students in music class in Chapter 11?
5. What is Melody's mother's name?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)