|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the documentary about that Mrs. V watches with Melody in Chapter 6?
(a) Robert Mitchell.
(b) Stephen Hawking.
(c) John McCaine.
(d) John Lennon.
2. What school does Melody's mother enroll her in after meeting with the intelligence specialist in Chapter 4?
(a) Spaulding Street Elementary School.
(b) Jackson Street Elementary School.
(c) Perritt Elementary School.
(d) Pineville Elementary School.
3. Melody says in Chapter 6 that Mrs. V is the only person who lets her do what?
(b) Sleep in bed with her.
(c) Dress herself.
(d) Drink sodas.
4. How old is Melody when her parents give her a goldfish?
5. What kind of stuffed animal does Melody remember her father giving to her when she was less than a year old in Chapter 3?
(a) A stuffed zebra.
(b) A stuffed cat.
(c) A stuffed bear.
(d) A stuffed parrot.
6. What is Melody's mother's profession?
(a) She is a teacher.
(b) She is a nurse.
(c) She is an advertiser.
(d) She is a banker.
7. Who is the specialist that Melody's mother took her to in order to have her intelligence assessed before entering school?
(a) Dr. Smith.
(b) Dr. Jennings.
(c) Dr. Wilson.
(d) Dr. Hugely.
8. Who is Melody's favorite superhero?
(c) Wonder Woman.
(d) Green Lantern.
9. What type of music does Melody describe as her mother's favorite in Chapter 2?
10. How does the music teacher punish the two girls who make fun of the special education students in music class in Chapter 11?
(a) She makes them stand for the entire class.
(b) She sends them home.
(c) She makes them sit in the corner.
(d) She sends them to the principal's office.
11. What color is Melody's wheelchair?
12. How old is Melody when her mother becomes pregnant with her second child?
13. Where does Melody's mother describe more fighting as she reads the newspaper on Saturday morning in Chapter 10?
(a) In South Africa.
(b) In the Middle East.
(c) In the Balkans.
(d) In Sudan.
14. What aspect of her appearance does Melody describe having appreciation for in Chapter 2?
(a) Her dimples.
(b) Her cheekbones.
(c) Her turned up nose.
(d) Her arched eyebrows.
15. Which of the special education students do the two mean girls make fun of in music class in Chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Melody's father's name?
2. How old is the girl named Ashley that is in Melody's special education group in Chapter 5?
3. What language has Melody attained a grasp of by watching television?
4. What type of music does Melody's father love the most?
5. What disability does Maria have in the narrative?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)