|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Penny call her favorite stuffed animal, according to Melody in Chapter 10?
2. Where does Melody's mother describe more fighting as she reads the newspaper on Saturday morning in Chapter 10?
(a) In South Africa.
(b) In the Balkans.
(c) In the Middle East.
(d) In Sudan.
3. What disability does Maria have in the narrative?
(a) Down syndrome.
(b) Multiple sclerosis.
(c) Cerebral palsy.
4. What does Melody name the puppy that her father gives her?
5. What kind of puppy does Melody father give her when she is eight?
(a) A Scottish Terrier.
(b) A German Shepherd.
(c) A golden retriever.
(d) A poodle.
6. What is Penny's third word as a baby?
7. Melody says in Chapter 6 that Mrs. V is the only person who lets her do what?
(a) Sleep in bed with her.
(b) Drink sodas.
(d) Dress herself.
8. Where does Melody's mother work?
(a) At a hospital.
(b) At a bank.
(c) At a college.
(d) At an elementary school.
9. How does Melody's goldfish die?
(a) It jumps out of the fish bowl.
(b) It is eaten by the cat.
(c) It dies from sitting in direct sunlight.
(d) It is overfed.
10. Who is the documentary about that Mrs. V watches with Melody in Chapter 6?
(a) John McCaine.
(b) Stephen Hawking.
(c) Robert Mitchell.
(d) John Lennon.
11. Who is the principal at Melody's school?
(a) Mrs. Williams.
(b) Mr. Peters.
(c) Mrs. Thompson.
(d) Mrs. Anthony.
12. What type of music does Melody describe as her mother's favorite in Chapter 2?
13. Who is the specialist that Melody's mother took her to in order to have her intelligence assessed before entering school?
(a) Dr. Wilson.
(b) Dr. Smith.
(c) Dr. Jennings.
(d) Dr. Hugely.
14. Which of the special education students do the two mean girls make fun of in music class in Chapter 11?
15. What disability does Maria have?
(b) Down syndrome.
(c) Cerebral palsy.
(d) Multiple sclerosis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of her appearance does Melody describe having appreciation for in Chapter 2?
2. What fruit does Melody associate country music with in Chapter 2?
3. What does Mrs. V do after she and Melody watch the clouds in the end of Chapter 6?
4. What is Melody's mother's profession?
5. How old is Melody when her parents give her a goldfish?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)