|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Melody describe Penny as a baby in Chapter 9?
(a) Difficult and cranky.
(b) Always crying.
2. What language has Melody attained a grasp of by watching television?
(a) Mandarin Chinese.
3. Melody recalls her father singing songs from what band to her when she was a baby in Chapter 3?
(a) The Who.
(b) The Rolling Stones.
(c) The Beatles.
(d) The Cure.
4. What food does Melody's father always eat when he gets home from work?
(c) Potato chips.
5. What does Penny call her favorite stuffed animal, according to Melody in Chapter 10?
6. Where does Melody's mother describe more fighting as she reads the newspaper on Saturday morning in Chapter 10?
(a) In South Africa.
(b) In the Middle East.
(c) In the Balkans.
(d) In Sudan.
7. What color does Melody describe her eyes as in Chapter 2?
(a) Light blue.
(b) Dark brown.
(c) Dark green.
8. Where does Melody try to get her dad to take her to eat, but becomes frustrated because she cannot communicate, in Chapter 10?
(c) Burger King.
(d) Taco Bell.
9. What is the name of Melody's goldfish?
10. How does Melody's goldfish die?
(a) It jumps out of the fish bowl.
(b) It dies from sitting in direct sunlight.
(c) It is overfed.
(d) It is eaten by the cat.
11. What is Melody's favorite cartoon from the newspaper?
(a) Family Circle.
(b) The Far Side.
(d) Hagar the Horrible.
12. What aroma does Melody think of when remembering her mother massaging her with lotion as a baby in Chapter 2?
13. How old was Melody when she had the outburst in the store about the painted toy blocks described in Chapter 3?
14. What disability does Maria have?
(a) Cerebral palsy.
(b) Down syndrome.
(c) Multiple sclerosis.
15. What is Melody's mother's profession?
(a) She is an advertiser.
(b) She is a banker.
(c) She is a nurse.
(d) She is a teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does Melody have a pet goldfish before it dies?
2. Who sings the song "Elvira" that Melody loves?
3. How old was Melody when her mother had gotten her potty trained?
4. Who is the "regular" fifth-grade language arts teacher at Melody's school?
5. What fruit does Melody associate country music with in Chapter 2?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)