|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first sentence that Melody says to Catherine when she sees her at school in Chapter 16?
(a) "Let's go to class."
(b) "Let's go shopping."
(c) "You are so nice."
(d) "I wanted to thank you."
2. Who is the music teacher at Melody's school?
(a) Mrs. Lovelace.
(b) Mrs. Tracy.
(c) Mrs. Billups.
(d) Mrs. Valencia.
3. What disability does Maria have?
(a) Cerebral palsy.
(b) Multiple sclerosis.
(d) Down syndrome.
4. What teacher from Melody's past realized that she enjoyed books and played audio books for her in special education class at school?
(a) Mrs. Billups.
(b) Mr. Gross.
(c) Mrs. Shannon.
(d) Mrs. Tracy.
5. How many team members comprise the Whiz Kids team at Melody's school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What disability does Maria have in the narrative?
2. What kind of puppy does Melody father give her when she is eight?
3. The narrator says in Chapter 1, "Words have always swirled around me like snowflakes--each one delicate and different, each one melting untouched in my hands." What literary device is used in this sentence?
4. On what day of the week does Melody's special education class join the other students for music education?
5. When Mr. Dimming gives the Whiz Kids practice quiz in Chapter 17, everyone cheers because otherwise they would have to endure a lesson on what?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)