Chapters 1 - 6
1. The narrator says in Chapter 1, "Words have always swirled around me like snowflakes--each one delicate and different, each one melting untouched in my hands." What literary device is used in this sentence?
(c) Literary allusion.
2. How old does the narrator say she is in Chapter 1?
(a) Almost 9.
(b) Almost 13.
(c) Almost 11.
(d) Almost 15.
3. What color is Melody's wheelchair?
4. What color does Melody describe her eyes as in Chapter 2?
(a) Dark brown.
(b) Dark green.
(c) Light blue.
5. What aspect of her appearance does Melody describe having appreciation for in Chapter 2?
(a) Her turned up nose.
(b) Her cheekbones.
(c) Her dimples.
(d) Her arched eyebrows.
6. What aroma does Melody think of when remembering her mother massaging her with lotion as a baby in Chapter 2?
7. What type of music does Melody describe as her mother's favorite in Chapter 2?
This section contains 3,699 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)