Chapters 1 - 6
• Chapters 1 and 2 introduce the protagonist, Melody Brooks: Melody is an 11-year-old girl who is highly intelligent but unable to communicate due to cerebral palsy; Melody cannot walk, talk, feed herself, or take herself to the bathroom, all things that bother her.
• In Chapter 3, Melody can remember often falling onto the floor as a child and having to wait for someone to move her.
• Melody believes she has a photographic memory but sometimes frustration causes her to have what she calls tornado explosions.
• Chapter 4 describes the doctors that Melody has seen in her life.
• When one of these doctors told her mother that Melody was profoundly retarded, Melody's mother became angry and enrolled her in public school.
• Chapter 5 describes Melody’s attendance at Spaulding Street Elementary School.
• The only way Melody can communicate is from words glued to a tray on her wheelchair, limiting her vocabulary to...
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)