|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Judy become like?
2. Why does Judy see the psychiatrist?
3. What do Jim and Judy share with Joe and Ellen?
4. What does Jim tell the children they don't need to do anymore when they pray?
5. Why do Jim and Judy decide to move to Arizona?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Joe and Ellen do when Jim and Judy try to talk to the about the discrepancies in the Mormon beliefs?
2. What are some of the problems with the church that Jim and Judy try to talk to the bishop about?
3. Why does the Mormon church require each family to have a year's supply of food on hand?
4. Why does the Mormon church teach against drinking coffee?
5. What happens when Judy visits the psychiatrist?
6. Of what does Jim and Judy's ministry consist?
7. Briefly describe the experience where Judy realizes the Mormon church isn't teaching the same things as Christ?
8. What will Jim and Judy's children not be able to do if they leave the Mormon church?
9. What happens to Janet at school when people begin to learn her family is leaving the church?
10. What does Judy hope to be able to do when she first leaves the Mormon church?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the reactions of Jim and Judy's Mormon friends as well as church clergy when they tell they are leaving the church. What do these reactions have in common? Is there anything different or unusual about any of the reactions?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways are the Concerned Christians right in their fight to bring the hidden beliefs of the Mormon Church to light? In what ways are they violating the Mormons' rights to freedom of religion?
Essay Topic 3
Research the requirements for a group to be considered a cult. Based on these guidelines do you believe that it was proper for Judy to refer Mormonism as a cult? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)