|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what verse does Jim flop his Bible open?
2. What does the bishop tell Jim and Judy?
3. What class makes Judy realize the Mormon church is not a true religion?
4. What is the name of the preacher at Central Church?
5. What does Judy think the other people look like in their temple garb?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe the experience where Judy realizes the Mormon church isn't teaching the same things as Christ?
2. Why does Judy dislike wearing the temple garment so badly?
3. What will Jim and Judy's children not be able to do if they leave the Mormon church?
4. What does Judy hope to be able to do when she first leaves the Mormon church?
5. What might happen if Jim and Judy reveal the secrets of the Mormon temple?
6. Briefly describe Judy's thoughts and feelings as she went through the Mormon temple ceremony.
7. What do Joe and Ellen do when Jim and Judy try to talk to the about the discrepancies in the Mormon beliefs?
8. Of what does Jim and Judy's ministry consist?
9. In the Mormon story of Adam and Eve, who instructs them to clothe themselves? What do the aprons represent?
10. How does the bishop react to the Robertsons' decision to leave the church?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways do the Mormons present their faith as a "regular" religion to outsiders? How does this outward appearance help them to gain members and support?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways were Jim and Judy easy for the Mormons to lure into their religion? Include things like their religious background and recent experiences.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the editorials in the Mesa Tribune both for and against the Concerned Christians group. Do you believe these editorials were fair to the Christian group? Why or why not? How does their view of the Mormons reflect their own ignorance about the Mormon religion?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)