|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Judy become like?
2. How often is Jim going to church?
3. How does Judy feel about the temple garment?
4. Who, after their children, do Jim and Judy tell first about their decision to leave the church?
5. According to the Mormons, who is the first character tempted by Satan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Judy's work on her family's genealogy cause her to discover the inconsistencies between the Bible and the Mormon beliefs?
2. Why does Judy feel so strongly about witnessing to the Mormons about the untruthfulness of their religion?
3. What might happen if Jim and Judy reveal the secrets of the Mormon temple?
4. What has Jim's role in the church become?
5. What are some of the problems with the church that Jim and Judy try to talk to the bishop about?
6. In the Mormon story of Adam and Eve, who instructs them to clothe themselves? What do the aprons represent?
7. According to the Mormon's version of creation, from where does Adam come?
8. What do Joe and Ellen do when Jim and Judy try to talk to the about the discrepancies in the Mormon beliefs?
9. What happens when Judy visits the psychiatrist?
10. Briefly describe the experience where Judy realizes the Mormon church isn't teaching the same things as Christ?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways were Jim and Judy easy for the Mormons to lure into their religion? Include things like their religious background and recent experiences.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Brigham Young and his role in the development of the Mormon religion.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways do the Mormons present their faith as a "regular" religion to outsiders? How does this outward appearance help them to gain members and support?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)