|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks to Judy through the pastor's sermon?
2. Into what denomination does Jim and Judy's group try to guide their members?
3. Who in the Mormon religion is on the same level as God?
4. What class makes Judy realize the Mormon church is not a true religion?
5. Where does Jim finally take a job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Judy hope to be able to do when she first leaves the Mormon church?
2. Briefly describe the experience where Judy realizes the Mormon church isn't teaching the same things as Christ?
3. In the Mormon story of Adam and Eve, who instructs them to clothe themselves? What do the aprons represent?
4. According to the Mormon's version of creation, from where does Adam come?
5. What happens to Janet at school when people begin to learn her family is leaving the church?
6. Why does Judy dislike wearing the temple garment so badly?
7. Why does the Mormon church require each family to have a year's supply of food on hand?
8. Why does Judy feel so strongly about witnessing to the Mormons about the untruthfulness of their religion?
9. What will Jim and Judy's children not be able to do if they leave the Mormon church?
10. What happens to the one woman who talks to Judy about her husband's refusal to remove the garment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the editorials in the Mesa Tribune both for and against the Concerned Christians group. Do you believe these editorials were fair to the Christian group? Why or why not? How does their view of the Mormons reflect their own ignorance about the Mormon religion?
Essay Topic 2
Consider Judy's description of the activities that take place inside the temple. What is your opinion of the rituals and
Essay Topic 3
Once Judy becomes active in the church, describe the way her attempts to follow the laws of the church make her feel. How does it affect her spiritually, mentally, and emotionally?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)