|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Robertsons continue to attend the elders' lessons?
2. What does Judy receive at the temple?
3. By what title do the two men who speak to the Robertsons prefer to be called?
4. For what company did Jim work?
5. What is the Bishop's storeroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the similarities between Jim and Judy's Christian backgrounds?
2. What happens at the Bishop's Storehouse?
3. What requirements does the Mormon church put on Jim and Judy's marriage?
4. What do Jim and Judy think of the story of the inception of the Mormon church?
5. How do Jim and Judy handle the proposition that they be baptized?
6. What part of her Mormon work does Judy hate the most? Why?
7. Why does Judy like the Sunday school material presented by the Mormon Church?
8. What do the Robertsons expect out of their evening with the Jacksons?
9. How do the members of the Mormon church pressure Jim and Judy to become members?
10. Briefly explain Judy's experience with the church lady in Fayettteville.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways do the Mormons present their faith as a "regular" religion to outsiders? How does this outward appearance help them to gain members and support?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Steve and Kirk not have as much trouble as Janet did with the change from Mormonism?
Essay Topic 3
Religion is an idea that is generally founded on faith. Just as there is no solid proof for what Christians believe, there is also no solid proof for what Mormons believe. In this way, how can anyone prove, or much less claim, another's religious beliefs are wrong?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)