|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city are the Jacksons baptized?
2. What does Judy not do in the church?
3. By what title do the two men who speak to the Robertsons prefer to be called?
4. For what company did Jim work?
5. How long have Jim and Judy been married?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly explain Judy's experience with the church lady in Fayettteville.
2. What part of her Mormon work does Judy hate the most? Why?
3. What do Jim and Judy think of the story of the inception of the Mormon church?
4. What do the Mormons think about their church?
5. When is Judy supposed to wear her special undergarments?
6. Why do the Robertsons go to Arizona?
7. How do Jim and Judy's lives in Arizona change as a result of their Mormonism?
8. Why does Judy like the Sunday school material presented by the Mormon Church?
9. What is Jim and Judy's impression of the Mormon church?
10. How does her new life as a Mormon woman make Judy feel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Religion is an idea that is generally founded on faith. Just as there is no solid proof for what Christians believe, there is also no solid proof for what Mormons believe. In this way, how can anyone prove, or much less claim, another's religious beliefs are wrong?
Essay Topic 2
Consider Judy's description of the activities that take place inside the temple. What is your opinion of the rituals and
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Judy's parallelism with the death of her spirit that the change to Mormonism brought about with the old funeral home that the church bought as their new building.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)