|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was it when the Mormons came to Salt Lake City?
2. How did Young know Salt Lake City was the Mormons' home?
3. What term does Judy give to herself?
4. Where were Jim and Judy not allowed to go?
5. What city do Jim and Judy visit before going back to Arkansas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Judy surprised by Nell's confession?
2. How do Jim and Judy's lives in Arizona change as a result of their Mormonism?
3. Briefly explain Judy's experience with the church lady in Fayettteville.
4. What do the Robertsons expect out of their evening with the Jacksons?
5. What attributes of the Jackson family draw Jim and Judy to their way of belief?
6. What do the Mormons think about their church?
7. Why is it dangerous that the Mormon church provides Sunday school lessons for members?
8. What would Jim and Judy have to do before they were allowed in the temple?
9. Why do the Mormons fast on the first Sunday of each month?
10. What do the Robertsons see while in Salt Lake City?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many times in which Jim and Judy attribute their success in leaving the Mormon religion to God's intervention. Choose a few of these circumstances that Jim and Judy considered acts of God. Do you believe these were truly God inspired or were they just lucky coincidences?
Essay Topic 2
Religion is an idea that is generally founded on faith. Just as there is no solid proof for what Christians believe, there is also no solid proof for what Mormons believe. In this way, how can anyone prove, or much less claim, another's religious beliefs are wrong?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Jim and Judy are lured into Mormonism. Use specific examples of the way the Mormons sell their religion.
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)