|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do John and Dale ask Jim and Judy about?
(a) The Mormon beliefs.
(b) Their undergarments.
(c) Their relationship with Christ.
(d) The sale price of their home.
2. How long had the Robertsons attended the Mormon church?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Seven years.
3. Which old friends do Jim and Judy call about their decision to leave the Mormon church?
(a) Larry and Lyn.
(b) The Jacksons.
(c) Greg and Linda.
(d) John and Lorene Maguire.
4. As Judy begins to meet more and more ex-Mormons, how does she feel?
5. What does Judy read at night when she can't sleep?
(b) Her Sunday school book.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Reader's Digest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What odd things are not included in the Mormon ceremony?
2. What do Jim and Judy call their group?
3. According to the Mormons, who is the first character tempted by Satan?
4. What is one requirement of those who participate in the temple ritual?
5. What part of the church is Steve about to enter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Robertsons have no friends after they leave the Mormon church?
2. Briefly describe the significance of the idea of the word "central" to the Robertsons.
3. Why does the Mormon church require each family to have a year's supply of food on hand?
4. What do Joe and Ellen do when Jim and Judy try to talk to the about the discrepancies in the Mormon beliefs?
5. What will Jim and Judy's children not be able to do if they leave the Mormon church?
6. Why does Judy dislike wearing the temple garment so badly?
7. According to the Mormon's version of creation, from where does Adam come?
8. Why does Judy's work on her family's genealogy cause her to discover the inconsistencies between the Bible and the Mormon beliefs?
9. What are some of the problems with the church that Jim and Judy try to talk to the bishop about?
10. Why does the Mormon church teach against drinking coffee?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)