|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Judy agree to move to Arizona?
(a) She wants to get away from her family.
(b) She has had another child.
(c) Jim tells her they are going to.
(d) She wants to be around more Mormons.
2. What class makes Judy realize the Mormon church is not a true religion?
3. As Judy begins to meet more and more ex-Mormons, how does she feel?
4. What encourages the Robertsons to find a new church?
(a) A talk with Judy's parents.
(b) Their talk with the Maguires.
(c) Their talk with the bishop.
(d) The death of Judy's dad.
5. How does Judy feel when she realizes Mormonism is a false religion?
6. What is the price of the youth conflicts conference?
(a) Seventy-five dollars.
(b) Sixty-five dollars.
(c) Eighty-five dollars.
(d) Fifty-five dollars.
7. What emotions do the kids not show about their parents' decision?
8. What is Brother Mack doing that makes him "bad" in the eyes of the Mormons?
(c) Having an affair.
9. What odd things are not included in the Mormon ceremony?
(b) Secret handshakes.
(c) Secret tokens and signs.
(d) Washing and anointing.
10. What does Beth call the Mormons?
(a) A false religion.
(b) A club.
(c) A religion.
(d) A cult.
11. What do Jim and Judy decide to tell their children about their decision to leave Mormonism?
(a) Only the basics.
(b) The truth.
(c) The children have to make up their own minds.
12. According to the Mormons, who is the first character tempted by Satan?
(c) The narrator.
13. How much of the funding for the Arkansas church comes from the LDS head office?
(a) 10 percent.
(b) 50 percent.
(c) 75 percent.
(d) 90 percent.
14. Into what denomination does Jim and Judy's group try to guide their members?
(b) Those that held the Bible as the infallible word of God.
(c) Church of Christ.
15. What does Judy think the other people look like in their temple garb?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jim feel about the temple garment?
2. Who in the Mormon religion is on the same level as God?
3. How does Judy feel about the temple garment?
4. Why does Judy see the psychiatrist?
5. In what state do many Mormons live?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)