|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of the funding for the Arkansas church comes from the LDS head office?
(a) 75 percent.
(b) 10 percent.
(c) 50 percent.
(d) 90 percent.
2. What words does Jim use to describe the ceremony?
(d) Mickey Mouse.
3. What is Brother Mack doing that makes him "bad" in the eyes of the Mormons?
(c) Having an affair.
4. What character is not depicted during the representation of creation?
5. Where do the Robertsons look first for a church?
(a) They ask their friends.
(b) The phone book.
(c) They drive around.
(d) The newspaper.
6. Who in the Mormon religion is on the same level as God?
(a) Joseph Smith.
(b) The bishops.
(c) The priests.
(d) Brigham Young.
7. Where does Jim finally take a job?
(a) In Phoenix.
(b) In Salt Lake City.
(c) In Mesa.
(d) In Arizona.
8. Why do Jim and Judy decide to move to Arizona?
(a) To start a soup business.
(b) To start a potato growing business.
(c) To start a potato chip business.
(d) To start a potato salad business.
9. What scene is depicted on the walls of the Creation Room?
(a) The creation of the world.
(c) The Garden of Eden.
10. What part of the church is Steve about to enter?
(a) Sunday School.
(b) The priesthood.
(c) The temple.
(d) The scouts.
11. Where do the Robertsons go for church after they leave the Mormon religion?
(b) Usery Mountain.
(c) Back to Arkansas.
12. Who, after their children, do Jim and Judy tell first about their decision to leave the church?
(b) The bishop.
13. Why does Judy agree to move to Arizona?
(a) Jim tells her they are going to.
(b) She has had another child.
(c) She wants to be around more Mormons.
(d) She wants to get away from her family.
14. What does Greg suggest might suffer when the Robertsons left the church?
(a) Their relationships with their friends.
(b) Their salvation.
(c) Their sex life.
(d) Their family relationships.
15. What does Judy tell the bishop the doctrine of the Mormon church does to people?
(a) Lies to them.
(b) Confuses them.
(c) Brainwashes them.
(d) Disappoints them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Judy wonder why she doesn't do during the ceremony?
2. How does Judy feel about the temple garment?
3. What do Jim and Judy call their group?
4. What class makes Judy realize the Mormon church is not a true religion?
5. In the temple Judy wonders why they are being told to repeat a prayer originally answered by whom?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)