|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the stage manager describe the weddings in this town?
2. What do the guests at George and Emily's wedding sit on?
3. Who does the stage manager say are witnesses to the marriage between George and Emily?
4. What two terms do the dead use to describe life?
5. What does Emily worry about as she drinks her soda with George?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Dr. Gibbs and Mr. Webb change through the course of the play, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the play. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the play, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
This play takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Thornton Wilder have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)