|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the stage manager, what almost always accompanies youth and love?
2. What does George say he does not want to do just before he gets married?
3. How does the stage manager describe the weddings in this town?
4. What does the stage manager urge the audience to do while George and Emily prepare to tell their story?
5. What does the stage manager tell Emily and George to show the audience at the beginning of the fifth scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the different phases of the relationship between Emily and George and how the relationship affects the course of the plot for the other characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
How do Dr. Gibbs and Mr. Webb change through the course of the play, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this play. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)