|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stage manager say the dead are doing?
2. What is the first actual character that the stage manager plays?
3. Who does the stage manager introduce at the beginning of Act 3?
4. What does George do after being teased on his wedding day?
5. What does George do when he enters the cemetery alone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this play. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this play. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Laughter and happiness is a common theme found in this play. Where does this come into play, and how does it affect the characters involved in these scenes?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)