|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George ask Emily to do while he is at college?
2. What is Emily's natural feeling about men?
3. What is the second real character that the stage manager plays?
4. What does the stage manager urge the audience to do while George and Emily prepare to tell their story?
5. What does Emily decide to do shortly after her death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this play. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the different phases of the relationship between Emily and George and how the relationship affects the course of the plot for the other characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this play? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the play?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)