|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is removed from the stage during George and Emily's wedding?
2. Who does Mrs. Webb say cried earlier in the day at the wedding?
3. What does Emily tell George is the only thing she really wants?
4. What does George say he does not want to do just before he gets married?
5. What is Emily's natural feeling about men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this play. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this play that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Laughter and happiness is a common theme found in this play. Where does this come into play, and how does it affect the characters involved in these scenes?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)