Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the stage manager say is NOT eternal?
2. What do Emily and Mrs. Gibbs say about the living when George enters the cemetery?
3. What does Mrs. Webb give Emily when she first begins her new life?
4. What does Emily beg her mother to do at the end of the play?
5. What is removed from the stage during George and Emily's wedding?
Essay Topic 1
This play takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Thornton Wilder have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Simon Stimson's foolhardy and selfish nature wreaks havoc throughout the entire play. What are some examples of this foolish behavior, and how did these actions affect the characters around him? Was the playwright sending a message through Simon's behavior?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this play. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)