|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second real character that the stage manager plays?
2. What does George do after being teased on his wedding day?
3. Who does the stage manager say are witnesses to the marriage between George and Emily?
4. What does the stage manager say we all know at the beginning of Act 3?
5. What two terms do the dead use to describe life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the play. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the play, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this play all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and identify their main motivation in the play and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
This play takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Thornton Wilder have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)