|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so conspicuous about one of the chairs in the first row in the first scene of Act 3?
2. What does George say he does not want to do just before he gets married?
3. What does Mr. Webb ask George just before he marries Emily?
4. What does the stage manager say is the ancient tradition Emily and George are embarking on when they get married?
5. Why does Emily choose to not re-live her life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1What does Emily learn about herself from her confrontations with George and how do these interaction cause her to change?
Essay Topic 2What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this play, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3Which character did you relate with the most in this play? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the play?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)