|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the stage manager say is NOT eternal?
2. What do Emily and Mrs. Gibbs say about the living when George enters the cemetery?
3. What does Mrs. Webb give Emily when she first begins her new life?
4. What does Emily beg her mother to do at the end of the play?
5. What is removed from the stage during George and Emily's wedding?
Essay Topic 1
This play takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Thornton Wilder have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
What are the titles given to the three acts in this play, and what significance do they have to the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this play that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)