|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Emily realizes about her mother when she sees her in her new life?
2. What does Emily demand of George just before they get married?
3. Who is teasing George on his wedding day?
4. What does the stage manager say during a pause in the wedding?
5. What does Emily say just before she gets married?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This play takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Thornton Wilder have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this play, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this play all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and identify their main motivation in the play and how this goal affects the characters around them.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)