|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily NOT say goodbye to when she chooses to not re-live her life?
2. What does Emily beg her mother to do at the end of the play?
3. What is removed from the stage during George and Emily's wedding?
4. Why does George decide to not go to college after all?
5. According to the stage manager, what almost always accompanies youth and love?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Dr. Gibbs and Mr. Webb change through the course of the play, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
George endures many different trials before the end of the play. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)