|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town in this play?
2. What does the stage manager tell the audience to do at the end of the play?
3. What does Emily say just before she gets married?
4. Why does Emily say what she thinks about just before she gets married?
5. What does Simon Stimson say to Emily when she re-joins the group at the cemetery?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
George endures many different trials before the end of the play. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this play?
Essay Topic 3
Mrs. Webb and Mrs. Gibbs are very similar in nature although very different in many other areas. What are some of these intrinsic differences and similarities, and what message(s) was Wilder was trying to send with these two characters?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)