|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so conspicuous about one of the chairs in the first row in the first scene of Act 3?
2. What do Mrs. Gibbs's relatives say about her gravestone?
3. What does the stage manager say we all know at the beginning of Act 3?
4. What does George realize when he is talking to Emily after the student council elections?
5. What does Emily NOT say goodbye to when she chooses to not re-live her life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This play takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Thornton Wilder have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
What are the titles given to the three acts in this play, and what significance do they have to the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the play. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the play, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)