|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stage manager say we all know at the beginning of Act 3?
2. What does the stage manager tell the audience to do at the end of the play?
3. What does Emily not like about the cemetery?
4. What is one of the main differences in town between the second and third acts?
5. What kind of college is George going to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
George endures many different trials before the end of the play. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this play? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the play?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the play. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the play, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)