|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the stage manager say is NOT eternal?
2. What does George say he does not want to do just before he gets married?
3. What question does the stage manager ask Emily while playing his first actual character?
4. Who enters the stage just after Mrs. Webb is done speaking at the wedding?
5. What does the stage manager tell Emily and George to show the audience at the beginning of the fifth scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this play that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Simon Stimson's foolhardy and selfish nature wreaks havoc throughout the entire play. What are some examples of this foolish behavior, and how did these actions affect the characters around him? Was the playwright sending a message through Simon's behavior?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this play?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)