|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George realize when he is talking to Emily after the student council elections?
2. Who is teasing George on his wedding day?
3. What does Mrs. Webb give Emily when she first begins her new life?
4. Why does Emily choose to not re-live her life?
5. Why does George decide to not go to college after all?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this play that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters?
Essay Topic 2
This play takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Thornton Wilder have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this play all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and identify their main motivation in the play and how this goal affects the characters around them.
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)