|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stage manager say is the ancient tradition Emily and George are embarking on when they get married?
2. What does Emily tell George she is sorry for as they talk after the student council elections?
3. What does Emily say just before she gets married?
4. Why does George decide to not go to college after all?
5. Who is teasing George on his wedding day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this play, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the different phases of the relationship between Emily and George and how the relationship affects the course of the plot for the other characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this play?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)