|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stage manager urge the audience to do while George and Emily prepare to tell their story?
2. What does George realize when he is talking to Emily after the student council elections?
3. What is the second real character that the stage manager plays?
4. Why does Mrs. Webb say she is crying at the wedding?
5. What does George tell Emily is so hard for a fella' as he talks to her after the student council elections?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this play all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and identify their main motivation in the play and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Mrs. Webb and Mrs. Gibbs are very similar in nature although very different in many other areas. What are some of these intrinsic differences and similarities, and what message(s) was Wilder was trying to send with these two characters?
Essay Topic 3
What are the titles given to the three acts in this play, and what significance do they have to the plot?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)