|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Gibbs put on Emily's grave?
2. What does George do after being teased on his wedding day?
3. What does the stage manager say is replacing automobiles while he chats with George and Emily?
4. What is Emily's natural feeling about men?
5. Why does George decide to not go to college after all?
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this play?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this play. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)