|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George want to be when he grows up?
2. At the beginning of the play, what does Mrs. Gibbs do when she first comes out of her house?
3. Where was Emily just before she came on stage in the second scene?
4. What does the stage manager plan to put into the time capsule?
5. Who tells Mr. Webb what George wants to be when he grown up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Gibbs come across $350?
2. What do the people sitting in the chairs represent in the third act?
3. Where does Mr. Webb say the people in his town get the most pleasure?
4. Where does Mrs. Gibbs die, and what is she doing there?
5. What does Mrs. Gibbs make George for breakfast on the morning of his wedding day?
6. How does Emily hurt George's feelings?
7. What does the stage manager say we do not know much about from ancient civilizations?
8. What does Emily demand of George just before they are married?
9. Why does George choose to not go to college?
10. Where does George go the minute he wakes up in Act 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Security and safety are two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this play. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this play? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the play?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this play?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)