|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stage manager plan to put into the time capsule?
2. What does Mrs. Gibbs try to do as she enters her house after talking to her husband in the yard?
3. Why does Mrs. Webb panic when she sees George?
4. How much time passed between the first act and the second act?
5. What time of day does this play begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Mrs. Webb and Mrs. Gibbs talk about as they walk home together in the third scene?
2. How did Stan Stimson die?
3. What does Dr. Gibbs say about locking the door to his house?
4. What is George's opinion of women?
5. Why does Emily beg her father to let her stay home on the day of her wedding?
6. What does George tell his mother he is most afraid of just before he marries Emily?
7. What does a university professor tell the audience about?
8. What is the first actual character that the stage manager plays?
9. What does Emily tell her father is keeping her awake late at night?
10. What title did the stage manager give Act 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this play? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the play?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this play all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and identify their main motivation in the play and how this goal affects the characters around them.
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)