|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Gibbs want to use the extra money she has coming in?
2. What was so upsetting to Mrs. Gibbs about Simon earlier in the day when she is talking to Mrs. Webb?
3. What does Dr. Gibbs talk to George about when he sees him after school?
4. Where was Emily just before she came on stage in the second scene?
5. Who helps George with his homework?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the stage manager want to put in the time capsule for the town?
2. How were Emily and George able to purchase their farm?
3. What do Mrs. Webb and Mrs. Gibbs talk about as they walk home together in the third scene?
4. What is George's opinion of women?
5. What does Mrs. Gibbs warn Emily not to do in the third act?
6. How do Mrs. Gibbs and Mrs. Webb know each other?
7. Why does Mrs. Webb not allow George to see Emily on the morning of their wedding?
8. How does Mrs. Soames feel about weddings?
9. How does Emily hurt George's feelings?
10. What is the first actual character that the stage manager plays?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Dr. Gibbs and Mr. Webb change through the course of the play, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this play? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the play?
Essay Topic 3
George endures many different trials before the end of the play. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)