Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Webb do for the person he sees on his way home from work on the first day of the play?
2. What advice does Mr. Webb give George as they talk in his kitchen?
3. How many other people are talking to Howie at the beginning of the second act?
4. What does Howie Newsome talk about in the street at the beginning of the second act?
5. Who asks questions of Mr. Webb when he has finished his introduction of the town?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Emily hurt George's feelings?
2. What question does Emily ask her mother as they tend to the beans together?
3. What does Emily tell her father is keeping her awake late at night?
4. What does the stage manager want to put in the time capsule for the town?
5. How does Mrs. Soames feel about weddings?
6. Where does George go the minute he wakes up in Act 2?
7. What do Mrs. Webb and Mrs. Gibbs talk about as they walk home together in the third scene?
8. Who is the empty chair on stage reserved for?
9. How did Stan Stimson die?
10. What does George do when he visits Emily's grave?
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this play? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the play?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this play, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the different phases of the relationship between Emily and George and how the relationship affects the course of the plot for the other characters around them.
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)