|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Gibbs say they must do to help Simon Stimson?
2. Where does Mrs. Webb run when George comes to her house?
3. Who tells Mr. Webb what George wants to be when he grown up?
4. Who helps George with his homework?
5. What is so surprising to Rebecca about the mailman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does George take Emily on their first date?
2. How do Mrs. Gibbs and Mrs. Webb know each other?
3. Where has Dr. Gibbs been when he first appears on stage?
4. What does Rebecca tell George her friend received in the mail?
5. What question does Emily ask her mother as they tend to the beans together?
6. Where does Mrs. Gibbs die, and what is she doing there?
7. What title did the stage manager give Act 1?
8. What does the stage manager say we do not know much about from ancient civilizations?
9. What did the stage manager call Act 2?
10. How does Mrs. Gibbs come across $350?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Security and safety are two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this play. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Simon Stimson was a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence--however brief--alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Simon had not been in the play at all?
Essay Topic 3
George endures many different trials before the end of the play. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)