|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Webb say a groom should never do?
2. What does Mrs. Gibbs chide her husband for when he comes home at the beginning of the play?
3. How many other people are talking to Howie at the beginning of the second act?
4. What does Mr. Webb say of the people of the town that could be considered an insult?
5. When did Mrs. Gibbs first meet her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Emily beg her father to let her stay home on the day of her wedding?
2. What day in her life does Emily decide to go back to?
3. What does the stage manager say we do not know much about from ancient civilizations?
4. What does Mrs. Gibbs want to do with her newly found $350?
5. What does the stage manager invite the audience members to do when the first act comes to a close?
6. What lie does George tell Mr. Morgan when he asks why Emily is crying?
7. What do the people sitting in the chairs represent in the third act?
8. What question does Emily ask her mother as they tend to the beans together?
9. Who does the stage manager say has appreciated life while actually being alive?
10. What does Mrs. Gibbs make George for breakfast on the morning of his wedding day?
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this play all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and identify their main motivation in the play and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
What does Emily learn about herself from her confrontations with George and how do these interaction cause her to change?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this play, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 1,149 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)