|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the guests at George and Emily's wedding sit on?
(b) The ground.
2. What does Emily not like about the cemetery?
(a) Not being able to communicate with the living.
(b) Watching her loved ones grieve for her.
(c) The dreary feeling there.
(d) Being new there.
3. What do Emily and Mrs. Gibbs say about the living when George enters the cemetery?
(a) They are foolish.
(b) They are wonderful and warm.
(c) They are fighting a losing battle.
(d) They do not understand.
4. What does the stage manager say during a pause in the wedding?
(a) One of these young people will die soon.
(b) The patterns of life repeat themselves.
(c) Love is a beautiful thing.
(d) Emily was wise to fear this wedding.
5. Where did George and Emily go after they were elected to their offices in the student council?
(a) A soda shop.
(b) Emily's house.
(c) The school library.
(d) George's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stage manager do after George enters the cemetery?
2. What is the first thing Emily realizes about her mother when she sees her in her new life?
3. What does the stage manager say everyone in town is doing at the end of the play?
4. Which of the following does the stage manager say is NOT eternal?
5. What does the stage manager say the dead are doing?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)