|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the stage manager say are witnesses to the marriage between George and Emily?
(a) The town.
(b) God and angels.
(c) The world.
(d) The audience.
2. Who is to be buried at the beginning of Act 3?
(c) Simon Stimwell.
(d) Mrs. Gibbs.
3. Why does Emily choose to not re-live her life?
(a) She was too eager to move on.
(b) It was too painful.
(c) No one around her cherishes life the way they should.
(d) She knows too much.
4. What does Emily say just before she gets married?
(a) She refuses to live far from her father.
(b) She loves George.
(c) She hates George and wishes she were dead.
(d) She would rather things remain the way they are.
5. What does the stage manager say everyone in town is doing at the end of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time passed between the second and third acts?
2. What does Dr. Gibbs put on Emily's grave?
3. What is Emily's natural feeling about men?
4. Who does the stage manager introduce at the beginning of Act 3?
5. What does George say that he is celebrating with Emily?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)