|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Webb say is cruel while at the wedding?
(a) Not allowing a mother to help her daughter get dressed on her wedding day.
(b) Forcing a mother to plan a wedding on such short notice.
(c) Stealing a mother's daughter so soon after graduation.
(d) Sending young girls into marriage unprepared.
2. What is Emily's natural feeling about men?
(a) They should be perfect.
(b) They are not people to trust.
(c) They are here to protect women.
(d) They are all corrupt.
3. What does the stage manager say we all know at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) That life is worth living.
(b) That life is short.
(c) That everyone dies.
(d) That something is eternal.
4. How old is Emily when she begins her new life?
5. What two terms do the dead use to describe life?
(a) Loving and hateful.
(b) Awful and wonderful.
(c) Mundane and hectic.
(d) Carefree and simple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stage manager tell Emily and George to show the audience at the beginning of the fifth scene?
2. According to the stage manager, what almost always accompanies youth and love?
3. What does Emily tell George she is not sorry for as they talk after the student council elections?
4. Who does the stage manager say has fully enjoyed life while living it?
5. What does Emily tell George she is sorry for as they talk after the student council elections?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)