|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the stage manager urge the audience to do while George and Emily prepare to tell their story?
(a) Remember what it was like to be in love.
(b) Kiss someone they love.
(c) Fill their hearts and minds with loving thoughts.
(d) Pretend this is their story.
2. How does the stage manager describe the weddings in this town?
(a) Sweet and sentimental.
(b) Joyous and rowdy.
(c) Long and tedius.
(d) Plain and short.
3. What does the stage manager say is the ancient tradition Emily and George are embarking on when they get married?
(a) Forsaking ones parents.
(b) Sacrificing comfort for the greater good.
(c) Announcing to the world their monogamy.
(d) Living two by two.
4. What does Emily not like about the cemetery?
(a) The dreary feeling there.
(b) Not being able to communicate with the living.
(c) Watching her loved ones grieve for her.
(d) Being new there.
5. What is the setting of the first scene in Act 3?
(a) A town square.
(b) A church.
(c) A school.
(d) A graveyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What office in the student council did Emily hold?
2. What question does the stage manager ask Emily while playing his first actual character?
3. What does George realize when he is talking to Emily after the student council elections?
4. What does Mrs. Webb give Emily when she first begins her new life?
5. Why does Emily say what she thinks about just before she gets married?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)