|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the row of chairs on stage indicate in the first scene in Act 3?
(a) A class system.
2. What does the stage manager say we all know at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) That life is worth living.
(b) That everyone dies.
(c) That life is short.
(d) That something is eternal.
3. What does George tell Emily is so hard for a fella' as he talks to her after the student council elections?
(a) Allowing faults to creep into his character.
(b) Denying pretty girls.
(c) Hiding his feelings.
(d) Avoiding conceit.
4. What does the stage manager say is the ancient tradition Emily and George are embarking on when they get married?
(a) Sacrificing comfort for the greater good.
(b) Living two by two.
(c) Announcing to the world their monogamy.
(d) Forsaking ones parents.
5. What is Emily's natural feeling about men?
(a) They should be perfect.
(b) They are all corrupt.
(c) They are not people to trust.
(d) They are here to protect women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Webb say is cruel while at the wedding?
2. How old is Emily when she begins her new life?
3. What do Mrs. Gibbs's relatives say about her gravestone?
4. What does Emily demand of George just before they get married?
5. What does Emily NOT say goodbye to when she chooses to not re-live her life?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)