|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does the stage manager say is NOT eternal?
(b) The stars.
2. What do Emily and Mrs. Gibbs say about the living when George enters the cemetery?
(a) They do not understand.
(b) They are foolish.
(c) They are wonderful and warm.
(d) They are fighting a losing battle.
3. What does Mrs. Webb give Emily when she first begins her new life?
(a) A hug.
(b) Some birthday presents.
(c) A book.
(d) A picture.
4. What does Emily beg her mother to do at the end of the play?
(a) Come with her.
(b) Let loose of her mundane duties for a time.
(c) Keep her safe.
(d) Truly see her and experience the moments she has.
5. What is removed from the stage during George and Emily's wedding?
(a) The house settings.
(b) The curtain.
(c) The school.
(d) Most of the cast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stage manager do after George enters the cemetery?
2. What does Emily decide to do shortly after her death?
3. What does George say when Emily tells him what she is worried about while drinking sodas with him?
4. How old is Emily when she begins her new life?
5. What does Mr. Web say when he first comes home from work in the third act?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)