|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the stage manager introduce at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) The new people in town.
(b) The people in the cemetary.
(c) The children of Emily and George.
(d) Some of the audience members.
2. Why does Emily say what she thinks about just before she gets married?
(a) Her father crying.
(b) She feels that things are good the way they are.
(c) How handsome George is.
(d) She is scared.
3. How did Simon Stimwell die?
(a) War wound.
(c) Car accident.
4. What does Emily tell George she is not sorry for as they talk after the student council elections?
(a) Spreading a rumor.
(b) Being so bold.
(c) Telling the truth.
(d) Hurting his feelings.
5. What is the setting of the first scene in Act 3?
(a) A school.
(b) A graveyard.
(c) A town square.
(d) A church.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Emily when she begins her new life?
2. What does George say that he is celebrating with Emily?
3. What does the stage manager urge the audience to do while George and Emily prepare to tell their story?
4. What does Emily beg her mother to do at the end of the play?
5. What do the guests at George and Emily's wedding sit on?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)