|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Web say when he first comes home from work in the third act?
(a) He feels that his life is being lived for him.
(b) It is Emily's birthday.
(c) He is tired.
(d) He misses Emily.
2. How does George answer the stage manager's question to Emily after the Student Council elections?
(a) She was at the elections.
(b) She was scared of a runaway horse.
(c) They are dating.
(d) She won by a landslide.
3. What does George realize when he is talking to Emily after the student council elections?
(a) She is blushing.
(b) She is mad at him.
(c) She is scared of him.
(d) She is staring at him.
4. What do Emily and Mrs. Gibbs say about the living when George enters the cemetery?
(a) They are wonderful and warm.
(b) They do not understand.
(c) They are fighting a losing battle.
(d) They are foolish.
5. What does Emily tell George she is not sorry for as they talk after the student council elections?
(a) Spreading a rumor.
(b) Hurting his feelings.
(c) Telling the truth.
(d) Being so bold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George buy for Emily during their chat after the Student Council elections?
2. What does Emily NOT say goodbye to when she chooses to not re-live her life?
3. What does Emily beg her mother to do at the end of the play?
4. Who is to be buried at the beginning of Act 3?
5. What does the stage manager say IS eternal?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)