|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Mrs. Webb and Mrs. Gibbs heading at the beginning of the third scene?
(a) Choir practice.
(b) The school.
(c) The market.
2. What does the stage manager say we do not know about ancient Rome and Greece?
(a) Their appearances.
(b) Their belief systems.
(c) Their daily lives.
(d) Their goals and aspirations.
3. What does George want to be when he grows up?
(a) A newspaper editor.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A farmer.
4. What does Howie Newsome talk about in the street at the beginning of the second act?
(a) The war.
(b) The higher prices of milk.
(c) Losing a great baseball player.
(d) Simon Stimson's drunkeness.
5. Where is George running to when we first see him in the second act?
(a) The farm.
(c) Emily's house.
(d) The baseball diamond.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps George with his homework?
2. What triggers the appearance of the Webb family at the beginning of the book?
3. What does the stage manager say was wasted in Joe's death?
4. What is Mrs. Soames known in the town for?
5. What does Dr. Gibbs tell his wife he will not do while they chat in the yard together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does George do when he visits Emily's grave?
2. What is Mrs. Soames famous for?
3. What does Dr. Gibbs say about locking the door to his house?
4. Where has Dr. Gibbs been when he first appears on stage?
5. What does the stage manager say the third and final act will focus on?
6. Where does George go the minute he wakes up in Act 2?
7. What do Mrs. Webb and Mrs. Gibbs talk about as they walk home together in the third scene?
8. Why does George run out of the church just before his wedding is to start?
9. What does Mrs. Webb tell Mrs. Gibbs to do when she hears of Mrs. Gibbs's $350?
10. What does Rebecca tell George her friend received in the mail?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)