|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Webb see on his way home the night of the first day?
(a) The stage manager.
(d) Dr. Gibbs.
2. What does Emily assure her father she does not have on her mind before he goes to bed?
3. What does Mrs. Webb chide Emily for when she first appears on stage?
(a) Being too slow to get up.
(b) Staying up too late at night.
(c) Teasing her younger siblings.
(d) Studying while she eats.
4. What does Mrs. Gibbs serve for breakfast on the first morning of the second act?
(a) Ham and eggs.
(b) Fruit and toast.
(c) Hot cakes.
(d) French toast.
5. Why is Mrs. Gibbs so worried about her husband?
(a) He is distant and cold as of late.
(b) He is exposed to a lot of sickness.
(c) He works too hard.
(d) He seems constantly tired.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Gibbs ask her husband to talk to George about at the beginning of the play?
2. At the beginning of the play, what is Mrs. Gibbs doing just as her husband comes home?
3. What does Mr. Webb talk about when he is first introduced by the stage manager?
4. What is a special talent that George has?
5. What does Mrs. Webb do when she first enters the stage in the second act?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Webb tell Mrs. Gibbs to do when she hears of Mrs. Gibbs's $350?
2. What does the stage manager say that this wedding of George and Emily is a witness of?
3. How does Mrs. Gibbs come across $350?
4. How does Mrs. Soames feel about weddings?
5. What does Mrs. Gibbs make George for breakfast on the morning of his wedding day?
6. Why does Emily beg her father to let her stay home on the day of her wedding?
7. What marriage advice does Mr. Webb give George on the morning of his wedding?
8. What does Mr. Web tell the audience about the town in this play?
9. Where does Mrs. Gibbs die, and what is she doing there?
10. What is Mrs. Gibbs main complaint about her son at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)