|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Mrs. Gibbs first meet her husband?
(a) At the doctor's office.
(b) At school.
(c) At their wedding.
(d) In a diner.
2. Who gives the introduction to the play?
(a) The stage manager.
(b) The narrator.
(c) The director.
(d) An assembly of cast members.
3. What does the stage manager tell the audience they may do at the end of the first act?
4. At the beginning of the play, what exciting news does Mrs. Gibbs have to tell Mrs. Webb when they meet in their yards?
(a) Her husband delivered twins the night before.
(b) She won a prize for her pie recipe at the fair.
(c) Her son is doing well in school.
(d) She is selling an antique table of hers.
5. What does Emily do when she sees her father on stage in the second scene?
(a) Asks him questions.
(b) Yells at him.
(c) Embraces him.
(d) Teases him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so surprising to Rebecca about the mailman?
2. What personal detail about Simon Stimson do we learn from the stage manager?
3. Who does Mr. Webb see on his way home the night of the first day?
4. Who does the stage manager introduce at the beginning of the second scene of the play?
5. Why does Mrs. Webb panic when she sees George?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the man talking about stars say at the end of the play?
2. What lie does George tell Mr. Morgan when he asks why Emily is crying?
3. What does Emily demand of George just before they are married?
4. What does Dr. Gibbs say about locking the door to his house?
5. What does Emily tell her father is keeping her awake late at night?
6. How did Stan Stimson die?
7. Where does Mr. Webb say the people in his town get the most pleasure?
8. Where were Mrs. Gibbs and Mrs. Webb before the third scene began?
9. What does Mrs. Webb say is cruel about weddings?
10. Why does George choose to not go to college?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)