|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the stage manager tell the audience they may do at the end of the first act?
2. What does Mrs. Webb chide Emily for when she first appears on stage?
(a) Teasing her younger siblings.
(b) Studying while she eats.
(c) Being too slow to get up.
(d) Staying up too late at night.
3. What does Mr. Webb do for the person he sees on his way home from work on the first day of the play?
(a) Stops to listen to him.
(b) Sends him home.
(c) Hurries along home.
(d) Comforts him.
4. Which of these does the stage manager NOT mention as having happened in the space between acts?
(a) Couples got married.
(b) Children learned to walk.
(c) Mountains eroded.
(d) Wars were waged.
5. When did Mrs. Gibbs first meet her husband?
(a) In a diner.
(b) At their wedding.
(c) At school.
(d) At the doctor's office.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the play, what does Mrs. Gibbs do when she first comes out of her house?
2. What does the stage manager say we do not know about ancient Rome and Greece?
3. Who does Mr. Webb see on his way home the night of the first day?
4. What was so upsetting to Mrs. Gibbs about Simon earlier in the day when she is talking to Mrs. Webb?
5. How does Mrs. Gibbs want to use the extra money she has coming in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the stage manager say that this wedding of George and Emily is a witness of?
2. What does Emily demand of George just before they are married?
3. What does Rebecca tell George her friend received in the mail?
4. What is Mrs. Soames famous for?
5. What lie does George tell Mr. Morgan when he asks why Emily is crying?
6. What does the stage manager say the third and final act will focus on?
7. What is Mrs. Webb getting ready for at the beginning of Act 2?
8. Who does the stage manager say has appreciated life while actually being alive?
9. How did Emily's brother die?
10. What does the man talking about stars say at the end of the play?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)