|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a special talent that George has?
(d) Healing animals.
2. What does Mr. Webb tell his daughter to do when he gets home from work?
(a) Turn out her lights.
(b) Hug him.
(c) Eat supper with him.
(d) Show him her homework.
3. What does the stage manager call the second act?
(a) Enduring Happiness.
(b) Love and Marriage.
(c) Daily Life.
(d) Life and Death.
4. What does Mr. Webb say a groom should never do?
(a) Eat a full breakfast on the day of his wedding.
(b) Speak with his father-in-law on the day of his wedding.
(c) See the bride before the wedding.
(d) Wear white socks with a black tuxedo.
5. Why does Mrs. Webb panic when she sees George?
(a) He seems to be angry.
(b) She thinks something is wrong at the Gibbs's house.
(c) She is not fully dressed yet.
(d) He is not supposed to see Emily before the wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Emily just before she came on stage in the second scene?
2. What is Mrs. Soames known in the town for?
3. What does Mrs. Gibbs ask her husband to talk to George about at the beginning of the play?
4. How much time passed between the first act and the second act?
5. Who is the first character to speak in the second act?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Gibbs warn Emily not to do in the third act?
2. Why does George choose to not go to college?
3. What does Mrs. Gibbs want to do with her newly found $350?
4. What day in her life does Emily decide to go back to?
5. How does the stage manager describe weddings in Grover's Corner?
6. What frustrates Emily about her parents when she returns to her life?
7. What did the stage manager call Act 2?
8. What does Emily demand of George just before they are married?
9. What does George do when he visits Emily's grave?
10. What does the stage manager ask Emily and George to do before they show their wedding day?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)