|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interrupts Emily as she is doing her homework during the second scene?
(a) The school bell.
(b) A train whistle.
(c) A car horn honking.
(d) The church choir.
2. What does Mrs. Gibbs ask her husband to talk to George about at the beginning of the play?
(a) Not eating his dinner.
(b) Not doing his share of chores.
(c) Getting poor grades in school.
(d) Being disrespectful to his mother.
3. What does Dr. Gibb rebuke Mrs. Gibbs for when she returns at the beginning of the third scene?
(a) Being late.
(c) Eating too much.
(d) Spending too much money.
4. Where are Mrs. Webb and Mrs. Gibbs heading at the beginning of the third scene?
(a) The market.
(b) The school.
(c) Choir practice.
5. What is so surprising to Rebecca about the mailman?
(a) He delivered a letter with an extensive address to her friend.
(b) He is handsome.
(c) He never fails to deliver the mail.
(d) He loves his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a special talent that George has?
2. Who does Mr. Webb see on his way home the night of the first day?
3. What is the town having a discussion about after Emily and her mother stop talking?
4. At the beginning of the play, what does Dr. Gibbs say he has been up all night doing?
5. What does the stage manager plan to put into the time capsule?
Short Essay Questions
1. What title did the stage manager give Act 1?
2. What does Emily demand of George just before they are married?
3. What does the stage manager want to put in the time capsule for the town?
4. What does Mrs. Webb tell Mrs. Gibbs to do when she hears of Mrs. Gibbs's $350?
5. What is George's opinion of women?
6. What does Mrs. Webb say is cruel about weddings?
7. How does Mrs. Soames feel about weddings?
8. What does the stage manager say that this wedding of George and Emily is a witness of?
9. What is the first actual character that the stage manager plays?
10. What marriage advice does Mr. Webb give George on the morning of his wedding?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)