|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Webb congratulate Emily on when they talk during the second scene?
(a) A good grade on a hard test.
(b) Her beauty beginning to bloom.
(c) A fine performance at a dance recital.
(d) A fine speech she gave in class.
2. What does Mrs. Webb chide Emily for when she first appears on stage?
(a) Staying up too late at night.
(b) Being too slow to get up.
(c) Studying while she eats.
(d) Teasing her younger siblings.
3. Who tells Mr. Webb what George wants to be when he grown up?
(c) Mrs. Webb.
(d) The stage manager.
4. What does the stage manager say that the third act will be about?
5. What interrupts Emily as she is doing her homework during the second scene?
(a) The church choir.
(b) The school bell.
(c) A train whistle.
(d) A car horn honking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Mrs. Webb and Mrs. Gibbs heading at the beginning of the third scene?
2. Who asks Emily and her mother to leave during their discussion in the second scene?
3. What triggers the appearance of the Webb family at the beginning of the book?
4. Where does Mrs. Gibbs die?
5. What does Mr. Webb talk to George about when Mrs. Webb runs out of her kitchen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the stage manager call Act 2?
2. Why does George choose to not go to college?
3. What does the stage manager ask Emily and George to do before they show their wedding day?
4. How did Emily's brother die?
5. What is Mrs. Webb getting ready for at the beginning of Act 2?
6. How does the stage manager describe weddings in Grover's Corner?
7. How did Stan Stimson die?
8. What lie does George tell Mr. Morgan when he asks why Emily is crying?
9. Why does George run out of the church just before his wedding is to start?
10. Where does George take Emily on their first date?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)