|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a special talent that George has?
(d) Healing animals.
2. What does Dr. Gibbs say they must do to help Simon Stimson?
(a) Leave him alone.
(b) Hold an intervention.
(c) Have compassion.
(d) Visit him often.
3. Why is Mrs. Gibbs so worried about her husband?
(a) He seems constantly tired.
(b) He is exposed to a lot of sickness.
(c) He is distant and cold as of late.
(d) He works too hard.
4. What is Mrs. Soames known in the town for?
(a) Her gossip.
(b) Her sickness.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Her manners.
5. What does Dr. Gibb rebuke Mrs. Gibbs for when she returns at the beginning of the third scene?
(a) Eating too much.
(b) Spending too much money.
(c) Being late.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day does this play begin?
2. What does Emily do when she sees her father on stage in the second scene?
3. Where is Mrs.Gibbs while Mr Gibbs is talking to George after school?
4. Where is George running to when we first see him in the second act?
5. Where does Mrs. Gibbs die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Gibbs want to do with her newly found $350?
2. Who does the stage manager say has appreciated life while actually being alive?
3. How did Emily's brother die?
4. What marriage advice does Mr. Webb give George on the morning of his wedding?
5. How does Mrs. Soames feel about weddings?
6. Who is with George when he first appears on stage?
7. What lie does George tell Mr. Morgan when he asks why Emily is crying?
8. What does the stage manager say we do not know much about from ancient civilizations?
9. What does Mr. Web tell the audience about the town in this play?
10. What does Emily demand of George just before they are married?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)