|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mrs.Gibbs while Mr Gibbs is talking to George after school?
(a) On a walk.
(b) Choir practice.
(c) The garden.
(d) The market.
2. What did the stage manager call the first act?
(a) Daily Life.
(b) Enduring Happiness.
(c) Life and Death.
(d) Love and Marriage.
3. What does Mrs. Gibbs try to do as she enters her house after talking to her husband in the yard?
(a) Check the mail.
(b) Feed the chickens.
(c) Wave to her neighbor.
(d) Lock her door.
4. What is Howie Newsome's occupation?
5. What does Mr. Webb talk about when he is first introduced by the stage manager?
(a) The many hardships the town has faced.
(b) The businesses in the town.
(c) The town's social and political life.
(d) The economic situation of the town.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the play what does Mrs. Webb do when she first comes out of her house?
2. At the beginning of the play, what does Mrs. Gibbs do when she first comes out of her house?
3. What was so upsetting to Mrs. Gibbs about Simon earlier in the day when she is talking to Mrs. Webb?
4. What does Mrs. Gibbs serve for breakfast on the first morning of the second act?
5. What does Mr. Webb notice about the person he sees on the way home from work on the first day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Gibbs come across $350?
2. Where were Mrs. Gibbs and Mrs. Webb before the third scene began?
3. How does the stage manager describe weddings in Grover's Corner?
4. What does Emily tell her father is keeping her awake late at night?
5. What does Dr. Gibbs say about locking the door to his house?
6. How does Mrs. Soames feel about weddings?
7. What does the stage manager want to put in the time capsule for the town?
8. How does Emily hurt George's feelings?
9. What lie does George tell Mr. Morgan when he asks why Emily is crying?
10. What does Mrs. Gibbs want to do with her newly found $350?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)