|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the stage manager make special mention of just before he begins a narrative of the town?
(a) The morning star.
(b) The sun.
(c) The moon.
(d) The north star.
2. What does Mr. Webb tell his daughter to do when he gets home from work?
(a) Turn out her lights.
(b) Hug him.
(c) Show him her homework.
(d) Eat supper with him.
3. What does Emily ask Mrs. Webb when she sees her mother after talking with Mr. Webb?
(a) If she seems happy.
(b) If she is pretty.
(c) If she is well-liked.
(d) If she is smart.
4. What good news does Dr. Gibbs give his wife when they enter their house during the third scene?
(a) She won the town contest.
(b) George will do all his chores now.
(c) He is ready to take a vacation.
(d) He just got a raise.
5. What does George talk about after his parents go to bed?
(a) His love for Emily.
(b) The beauty of the moon.
(c) The stars.
(d) His goals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joe's occupation?
2. What does George plan to do when he leaves his mother's house?
3. What does Mr. Webb do when he sees his daughter Emily on stage in the second scene?
4. How much time passed between the first act and the second act?
5. What interrupts Emily as she is doing her homework during the second scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the stage manager call Act 2?
2. What does the man talking about stars say at the end of the play?
3. Where does Mr. Webb say the people in his town get the most pleasure?
4. What question does Emily ask her mother as they tend to the beans together?
5. How does Mrs. Soames feel about weddings?
6. Who is the empty chair on stage reserved for?
7. What does the stage manager do at the beginning of Act 2?
8. What do the people sitting in the chairs represent in the third act?
9. How do Mrs. Gibbs and Mrs. Webb know each other?
10. What does the stage manager say we do not know much about from ancient civilizations?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)