|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of day does this play begin?
(d) Just before sunrise.
2. Who tells Mr. Webb what George wants to be when he grown up?
(a) The stage manager.
(b) Mrs. Webb.
3. What does Dr. Gibbs tell his wife he will not do while they chat in the yard together?
(a) Buy her an antique table.
(b) Charge more money.
(c) Work less.
(d) Take a vacation.
4. What did the stage manager call the first act?
(a) Enduring Happiness.
(b) Love and Marriage.
(c) Life and Death.
(d) Daily Life.
5. Where is Joe killed?
(a) In a strange city of a strange disease.
(b) In a car accident.
(c) In the war.
(d) In a street brawl.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the play, what is Mrs. Gibbs doing just as her husband comes home?
2. What is Mrs. Soames known in the town for?
3. How many other people are talking to Howie at the beginning of the second act?
4. What good news does Dr. Gibbs give his wife when they enter their house during the third scene?
5. What is a special talent that George has?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does the stage manager say has appreciated life while actually being alive?
2. How does the stage manager describe weddings in Grover's Corner?
3. How does Emily hurt George's feelings?
4. Where does George go the minute he wakes up in Act 2?
5. What lie does George tell Mr. Morgan when he asks why Emily is crying?
6. Who is with George when he first appears on stage?
7. What marriage advice does Mr. Webb give George on the morning of his wedding?
8. What does George tell his mother he is most afraid of just before he marries Emily?
9. Why does George choose to not go to college?
10. What does Mrs. Gibbs want to do with her newly found $350?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)