|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does George want to be when he grows up?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A newspaper editor.
2. How many other people are talking to Howie at the beginning of the second act?
3. What does Emily say is keeping her from sleeping when her father comes home from work?
(a) The sound of the distant trains.
(b) Concern for a test the next day.
(c) The light from the moon and the smell of Mrs. Gibbs flowers.
(d) The worry she feels for Simon Stimwell.
4. At the beginning of the play, what does Mrs. Gibbs do when she first comes out of her house?
(a) Hangs some laundry.
(b) Checks her mailbox.
(c) Strings some beans.
(d) Feeds her chickens.
5. What does Mrs. Gibbs worry will happen to George?
(a) He won't be cared for.
(b) He will not keep in touch with her.
(c) He will forget her.
(d) He will not have enough money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Gibbs talk to George about when he sees him after school?
2. Where are Mrs. Webb and Mrs. Gibbs heading at the beginning of the third scene?
3. What does the stage manager do before Mrs. Webb and Mrs. Gibbs leave the stage after the first scene?
4. Which of these does the stage manager NOT mention as having happened in the space between acts?
5. What does Dr. Gibbs say they must do to help Simon Stimson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does George tell his mother he is most afraid of just before he marries Emily?
2. What does a university professor tell the audience about?
3. What is the first actual character that the stage manager plays?
4. How does Mrs. Soames feel about weddings?
5. Why does George run out of the church just before his wedding is to start?
6. What does Mrs. Gibbs warn Emily not to do in the third act?
7. Who does the stage manager say has appreciated life while actually being alive?
8. What does the stage manager say we do not know much about from ancient civilizations?
9. What does Mrs. Gibbs make George for breakfast on the morning of his wedding day?
10. Where were Mrs. Gibbs and Mrs. Webb before the third scene began?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)