|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Gibbs do when she first enters the stage in the second act?
(a) Makes breakfast.
(b) Feeds her chickens.
(c) Kisses her husband.
(d) Tends her garden.
2. Where is George running to when we first see him in the second act?
(b) Emily's house.
(c) The farm.
(d) The baseball diamond.
3. What does Mr. Webb add to the advice he gives George as they talk in the Webb's kitchen?
(a) He should always do what he feels is best.
(b) He believes very strongly in that piece of advice.
(c) He really doesn't know if his advice will work or not.
(d) He did the opposite of his advice and has always been happy.
4. Who does the stage manager introduce at the beginning of the second scene of the play?
(a) Another narrator.
(b) A university professor.
(c) A famous doctor.
(d) A geologist.
5. What does Dr. Gibbs talk to George about when he sees him after school?
(a) His bad grades.
(b) Disrespecting his mother.
(c) Neglecting his chores.
(d) Spending too much time with Emily.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe do when he leaves town?
2. What is Mrs. Soames known in the town for?
3. Where were Mrs. Webb and Mrs. Gibbs before the third scene?
4. What was so upsetting to Mrs. Gibbs about Simon earlier in the day when she is talking to Mrs. Webb?
5. What is Simon Stimson's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where has Dr. Gibbs been when he first appears on stage?
2. Who does the stage manager say has appreciated life while actually being alive?
3. What does Mrs. Gibbs make George for breakfast on the morning of his wedding day?
4. What does the stage manager say that this wedding of George and Emily is a witness of?
5. What does Mrs. Webb tell Mrs. Gibbs to do when she hears of Mrs. Gibbs's $350?
6. Who is the first character to speak in this play?
7. What does the stage manager do at the beginning of Act 2?
8. How does Emily hurt George's feelings?
9. What day in her life does Emily decide to go back to?
10. What does Emily demand of George just before they are married?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)