|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time passed between the first act and the second act?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three years.
2. What good news does Dr. Gibbs give his wife when they enter their house during the third scene?
(a) He is ready to take a vacation.
(b) She won the town contest.
(c) He just got a raise.
(d) George will do all his chores now.
3. What did the stage manager call the first act?
(a) Love and Marriage.
(b) Life and Death.
(c) Enduring Happiness.
(d) Daily Life.
4. What is Mr. Webb's profession?
(d) Newspaper editor.
5. What does the stage manager make special mention of just before he begins a narrative of the town?
(a) The moon.
(b) The sun.
(c) The north star.
(d) The morning star.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Webb say a groom should never do?
2. What does Emily say is keeping her from sleeping when her father comes home from work?
3. Who does Mr. Webb see on his way home the night of the first day?
4. What does Mr. Webb talk to George about when Mrs. Webb runs out of her kitchen?
5. What does Mrs. Gibbs try to do as she enters her house after talking to her husband in the yard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the stage manager say the third and final act will focus on?
2. What is the first actual character that the stage manager plays?
3. What does Mrs. Webb say is cruel about weddings?
4. What title did the stage manager give Act 1?
5. Who is with George when he first appears on stage?
6. Who does the stage manager say has appreciated life while actually being alive?
7. What does Rebecca tell George her friend received in the mail?
8. How did Emily's brother die?
9. What does Dr. Gibbs say about locking the door to his house?
10. Why does George run out of the church just before his wedding is to start?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)