|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who talks with George after his parents go to bed?
2. What does Mr. Webb add to the advice he gives George as they talk in the Webb's kitchen?
(a) He believes very strongly in that piece of advice.
(b) He should always do what he feels is best.
(c) He really doesn't know if his advice will work or not.
(d) He did the opposite of his advice and has always been happy.
3. What does the stage manager call the second act?
(a) Love and Marriage.
(b) Daily Life.
(c) Life and Death.
(d) Enduring Happiness.
4. What does Howie Newsome talk about in the street at the beginning of the second act?
(a) Simon Stimson's drunkeness.
(b) The higher prices of milk.
(c) Losing a great baseball player.
(d) The war.
5. What does Dr. Gibbs tell his wife he will not do while they chat in the yard together?
(a) Charge more money.
(b) Buy her an antique table.
(c) Take a vacation.
(d) Work less.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening to George to prevent him from playing baseball?
2. What is a special talent that George has?
3. What does Mrs. Gibbs invite her husband to do after his gentle rebuke to her in the yard?
4. What does Emily do when she sees her father on stage in the second scene?
5. What does Mr. Webb notice about the person he sees on the way home from work on the first day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Webb not allow George to see Emily on the morning of their wedding?
2. Where does Mr. Webb say the people in his town get the most pleasure?
3. What question does Emily ask her mother as they tend to the beans together?
4. Why does Emily beg her father to let her stay home on the day of her wedding?
5. What frustrates Emily about her parents when she returns to her life?
6. Who is the empty chair on stage reserved for?
7. Who does the stage manager say has appreciated life while actually being alive?
8. Who is the first character to speak in this play?
9. What does the stage manager ask Emily and George to do before they show their wedding day?
10. What does Dr. Gibbs say about locking the door to his house?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)