|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Gibbs chide George for when he first appears on stage?
(a) Sleeping in.
(b) Forgetting his homework.
(c) Spending his allowance too frivolously.
(d) Talking back to her.
2. What does George plan to do when he leaves his mother's house?
(a) Raise chickens.
(b) Become a writer.
(c) Play baseball.
(d) Go to war.
3. What is Mr. Webb's profession?
(d) Newspaper editor.
4. At the beginning of the play, what exciting news does Mrs. Gibbs have to tell Mrs. Webb when they meet in their yards?
(a) Her husband delivered twins the night before.
(b) Her son is doing well in school.
(c) She won a prize for her pie recipe at the fair.
(d) She is selling an antique table of hers.
5. What does Dr. Gibbs give George when he has finished talking to him after school?
(a) A dollar.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A rake.
(d) A hug.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stage manager tell the audience when he first appears in the third scene?
2. Who talks with George after his parents go to bed?
3. Who asks Emily and her mother to leave during their discussion in the second scene?
4. What does the stage manager make special mention of just before he begins a narrative of the town?
5. What does George talk about after his parents go to bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Gibbs want to do with her newly found $350?
2. How does the stage manager describe weddings in Grover's Corner?
3. Why does George choose to not go to college?
4. How does Mrs. Soames feel about weddings?
5. What is Mrs. Webb getting ready for at the beginning of Act 2?
6. What is Mrs. Gibbs main complaint about her son at the beginning of the play?
7. What does Mrs. Webb say is cruel about weddings?
8. What day in her life does Emily decide to go back to?
9. Where does Mrs. Gibbs die, and what is she doing there?
10. Who does the stage manager say has appreciated life while actually being alive?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)