|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Soames known in the town for?
(a) Her sickness.
(b) Her gossip.
(c) Her manners.
(d) Her intelligence.
2. What does Mr. Webb add to the advice he gives George as they talk in the Webb's kitchen?
(a) He did the opposite of his advice and has always been happy.
(b) He really doesn't know if his advice will work or not.
(c) He should always do what he feels is best.
(d) He believes very strongly in that piece of advice.
3. What is Joe's occupation?
4. Who does Mr. Webb see on his way home the night of the first day?
(a) The stage manager.
(c) Dr. Gibbs.
5. What does Mrs. Gibbs serve for breakfast on the first morning of the second act?
(a) Hot cakes.
(b) Fruit and toast.
(c) French toast.
(d) Ham and eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Gibbs tease his wife about when he first appears on stage in the second act?
2. What is Howie Newsome's occupation?
3. What good news does Dr. Gibbs give his wife when they enter their house during the third scene?
4. What does the stage manager do before Mrs. Webb and Mrs. Gibbs leave the stage after the first scene?
5. What does George want to be when he grows up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Gibbs say about locking the door to his house?
2. Who is the first character to speak in this play?
3. Where has Dr. Gibbs been when he first appears on stage?
4. What is George's greatest talent?
5. What do the people sitting in the chairs represent in the third act?
6. How does Emily hurt George's feelings?
7. What is George's opinion of women?
8. Where does George go the minute he wakes up in Act 2?
9. How did Stan Stimson die?
10. How does the stage manager describe weddings in Grover's Corner?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)