|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Gibbs ask her husband to talk to George about at the beginning of the play?
(a) Getting poor grades in school.
(b) Not eating his dinner.
(c) Not doing his share of chores.
(d) Being disrespectful to his mother.
2. Who asks questions of Mr. Webb when he has finished his introduction of the town?
(a) Audience members.
(b) The stage manager.
(c) Actors planted in the audience.
(d) Mr. Webb's children.
3. What does the stage manager make special mention of just before he begins a narrative of the town?
(a) The sun.
(b) The moon.
(c) The morning star.
(d) The north star.
4. At the beginning of the play, what exciting news does Mrs. Gibbs have to tell Mrs. Webb when they meet in their yards?
(a) Her son is doing well in school.
(b) Her husband delivered twins the night before.
(c) She won a prize for her pie recipe at the fair.
(d) She is selling an antique table of hers.
5. What does the stage manager say that the third act will be about?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Gibbs die?
2. What does the stage manager do before Mrs. Webb and Mrs. Gibbs leave the stage after the first scene?
3. What does Mr. Webb talk to George about when Mrs. Webb runs out of her kitchen?
4. Who talks with George after his parents go to bed?
5. What does Mrs. Gibbs chide her husband for when he comes home at the beginning of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is George's greatest talent?
2. What question does Emily ask her mother as they tend to the beans together?
3. What is Mrs. Soames famous for?
4. Where does George go the minute he wakes up in Act 2?
5. What does Rebecca tell George her friend received in the mail?
6. What does Mrs. Gibbs want to do with her newly found $350?
7. What frustrates Emily about her parents when she returns to her life?
8. What marriage advice does Mr. Webb give George on the morning of his wedding?
9. What does Emily tell her father is keeping her awake late at night?
10. Why does Dr. Gibbs give George a handkerchief after reprimanding him for not doing his chores?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)