|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Gibbs worry will happen to George?
(a) He will not have enough money.
(b) He will not keep in touch with her.
(c) He will forget her.
(d) He won't be cared for.
2. What does Emily say is keeping her from sleeping when her father comes home from work?
(a) The light from the moon and the smell of Mrs. Gibbs flowers.
(b) The worry she feels for Simon Stimwell.
(c) The sound of the distant trains.
(d) Concern for a test the next day.
3. What does Dr. Gibbs tell his wife he will not do while they chat in the yard together?
(a) Work less.
(b) Take a vacation.
(c) Charge more money.
(d) Buy her an antique table.
4. What does George talk about after his parents go to bed?
(a) The stars.
(b) The beauty of the moon.
(c) His goals.
(d) His love for Emily.
5. What does Dr. Gibbs give George when he has finished talking to him after school?
(a) A hug.
(b) A rake.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A dollar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the stage manager call the first act?
2. What does Mr. Webb tell his daughter to do when he gets home from work?
3. What does Mrs. Gibbs serve for breakfast on the first morning of the second act?
4. Which state is this play set in?
5. What does Mrs. Gibbs ask her husband to talk to George about at the beginning of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mrs. Gibbs main complaint about her son at the beginning of the play?
2. What does the stage manager say we do not know much about from ancient civilizations?
3. What marriage advice does Mr. Webb give George on the morning of his wedding?
4. What does Mrs. Webb say is cruel about weddings?
5. Who is the first character to speak in this play?
6. What is Mrs. Webb getting ready for at the beginning of Act 2?
7. What does Dr. Gibbs say about locking the door to his house?
8. What is George's greatest talent?
9. What does a university professor tell the audience about?
10. What does Mrs. Gibbs make George for breakfast on the morning of his wedding day?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)