|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Webb do when he sees his daughter Emily on stage in the second scene?
(a) Teases her.
(b) Yells at her.
(c) Asks her questions.
(d) Embraces her.
2. What does Mrs. Gibbs invite her husband to do after his gentle rebuke to her in the yard?
(a) Eat some dinner.
(b) Smell her roses.
(c) Take a drive.
(d) Go on a walk.
3. How much time passed between the first act and the second act?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Three years.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three months.
4. What does the stage manager make special mention of just before he begins a narrative of the town?
(a) The moon.
(b) The north star.
(c) The sun.
(d) The morning star.
5. What is Joe's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily ask Mrs. Webb when she sees her mother after talking with Mr. Webb?
2. How many other people are talking to Howie at the beginning of the second act?
3. What does Joe do when he leaves town?
4. What does Mrs. Gibbs chide George for when he first appears on stage?
5. What personal detail about Simon Stimson do we learn from the stage manager?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the stage manager ask Emily and George to do before they show their wedding day?
2. What does Mrs. Gibbs warn Emily not to do in the third act?
3. Where does Mrs. Gibbs die, and what is she doing there?
4. What is Mrs. Gibbs main complaint about her son at the beginning of the play?
5. What is George's opinion of women?
6. What does George tell his mother he is most afraid of just before he marries Emily?
7. Who does the stage manager say has appreciated life while actually being alive?
8. Where does George go the minute he wakes up in Act 2?
9. What does Mrs. Webb tell Mrs. Gibbs to do when she hears of Mrs. Gibbs's $350?
10. How does Mrs. Soames feel about weddings?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)