Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Webb do for the person he sees on his way home from work on the first day of the play?
(a) Stops to listen to him.
(b) Hurries along home.
(c) Sends him home.
(d) Comforts him.
2. What advice does Mr. Webb give George as they talk in his kitchen?
(a) Keep your eye on the ball.
(b) Always strike first.
(c) Make sure your wife knows you are the boss.
(d) Never procrastinate.
3. How many other people are talking to Howie at the beginning of the second act?
4. What does Howie Newsome talk about in the street at the beginning of the second act?
(a) The war.
(b) The higher prices of milk.
(c) Losing a great baseball player.
(d) Simon Stimson's drunkeness.
5. Who asks questions of Mr. Webb when he has finished his introduction of the town?
(a) The stage manager.
(b) Mr. Webb's children.
(c) Audience members.
(d) Actors planted in the audience.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Webb run when George comes to her house?
2. Which of these does the stage manager NOT mention as having happened in the space between acts?
3. What does the stage manager make special mention of just before he begins a narrative of the town?
4. What does Mrs. Webb do when she first enters the stage in the second act?
5. What does Mr. Webb add to the advice he gives George as they talk in the Webb's kitchen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Emily hurt George's feelings?
2. What question does Emily ask her mother as they tend to the beans together?
3. What does Emily tell her father is keeping her awake late at night?
4. What does the stage manager want to put in the time capsule for the town?
5. How does Mrs. Soames feel about weddings?
6. Where does George go the minute he wakes up in Act 2?
7. What do Mrs. Webb and Mrs. Gibbs talk about as they walk home together in the third scene?
8. Who is the empty chair on stage reserved for?
9. How did Stan Stimson die?
10. What does George do when he visits Emily's grave?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)