|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a special talent that George has?
(a) Healing animals.
2. Where is George running to when we first see him in the second act?
(a) The baseball diamond.
(c) Emily's house.
(d) The farm.
3. What does the stage manager tell the audience when he first appears in the third scene?
(a) There is deep unrest in the city even if it looks peaceful.
(b) Someone is about to die.
(c) The Webb family is fighting.
(d) The town is going to bed.
4. What does Mrs. Gibbs try to do as she enters her house after talking to her husband in the yard?
(a) Feed the chickens.
(b) Lock her door.
(c) Wave to her neighbor.
(d) Check the mail.
5. Why is Mrs. Gibbs so worried about her husband?
(a) He works too hard.
(b) He is exposed to a lot of sickness.
(c) He seems constantly tired.
(d) He is distant and cold as of late.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Gibbs ask her husband to talk to George about at the beginning of the play?
2. Who talks with George after his parents go to bed?
3. At the beginning of the play, what does Dr. Gibbs say he has been up all night doing?
4. Who asks Emily and her mother to leave during their discussion in the second scene?
5. Why does Mrs. Webb panic when she sees George?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the stage manager ask Emily and George to do before they show their wedding day?
2. What day in her life does Emily decide to go back to?
3. Where does George go the minute he wakes up in Act 2?
4. What is Mrs. Webb getting ready for at the beginning of Act 2?
5. Where were Mrs. Gibbs and Mrs. Webb before the third scene began?
6. What does the stage manager invite the audience members to do when the first act comes to a close?
7. What is Mrs. Gibbs main complaint about her son at the beginning of the play?
8. How does Mrs. Soames feel about weddings?
9. What lie does George tell Mr. Morgan when he asks why Emily is crying?
10. Who is the first character to speak in this play?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)