|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emily do when she sees her father on stage in the second scene?
(a) Teases him.
(b) Asks him questions.
(c) Yells at him.
(d) Embraces him.
2. What does the stage manager say that the third act will be about?
3. What is Mr. Webb's profession?
(c) Newspaper editor.
4. Which state is this play set in?
(a) New Hampshire.
(b) North Carolina.
(c) New Mexico.
(d) New York.
5. Who tells Mr. Webb what George wants to be when he grown up?
(c) Mrs. Webb.
(d) The stage manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives the introduction to the play?
2. Why does Mrs. Webb panic when she sees George?
3. Why is Mrs. Gibbs so worried about her husband?
4. What does Mrs. Gibbs worry will happen to George?
5. What does the stage manager say was wasted in Joe's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does the stage manager say has appreciated life while actually being alive?
2. What does the stage manager say that this wedding of George and Emily is a witness of?
3. What does the man talking about stars say at the end of the play?
4. What does a university professor tell the audience about?
5. What do the people sitting in the chairs represent in the third act?
6. How were Emily and George able to purchase their farm?
7. Where does George take Emily on their first date?
8. What is the first actual character that the stage manager plays?
9. How do Mrs. Gibbs and Mrs. Webb know each other?
10. What does Mr. Webb do when he sees Simon Stimson on his way home from work?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)