|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the stage manager introduce at the beginning of the second scene of the play?
(a) A university professor.
(b) Another narrator.
(c) A famous doctor.
(d) A geologist.
2. Why is Mrs. Gibbs so worried about her husband?
(a) He is exposed to a lot of sickness.
(b) He is distant and cold as of late.
(c) He works too hard.
(d) He seems constantly tired.
3. What does Mr. Webb say a groom should never do?
(a) Wear white socks with a black tuxedo.
(b) Speak with his father-in-law on the day of his wedding.
(c) See the bride before the wedding.
(d) Eat a full breakfast on the day of his wedding.
4. What does Emily assure her father she does not have on her mind before he goes to bed?
5. What does Mr. Webb do when he sees his daughter Emily on stage in the second scene?
(a) Teases her.
(b) Embraces her.
(c) Asks her questions.
(d) Yells at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Webb tell his daughter to do when he gets home from work?
2. What does Mrs. Gibbs chide George for when he first appears on stage?
3. Who tells Mr. Webb what George wants to be when he grown up?
4. How does Mrs. Gibbs want to use the extra money she has coming in?
5. Where is Joe killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dr. Gibbs give George a handkerchief after reprimanding him for not doing his chores?
2. What title did the stage manager give Act 1?
3. What does the stage manager do at the beginning of Act 2?
4. How does the stage manager describe weddings in Grover's Corner?
5. What lie does George tell Mr. Morgan when he asks why Emily is crying?
6. What does the stage manager invite the audience members to do when the first act comes to a close?
7. What does Mr. Webb do when he sees Simon Stimson on his way home from work?
8. What does Mrs. Gibbs warn Emily not to do in the third act?
9. What does George tell his mother he is most afraid of just before he marries Emily?
10. What does the stage manager want to put in the time capsule for the town?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)