|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Webb say she is crying at the wedding?
(a) She doesn't know.
(b) She does not think this will last.
(c) She feels it all went too fast.
(d) She is worried.
2. What does Dr. Gibbs put on Emily's grave?
(a) A picture.
(b) A bottle of wine.
(c) Her wedding dress.
3. How did Wally die?
(c) Car accident.
(d) War wound.
4. What office in the student council did Emily hold?
(d) Vice President.
5. What does Emily not like about the cemetery?
(a) Watching her loved ones grieve for her.
(b) Not being able to communicate with the living.
(c) Being new there.
(d) The dreary feeling there.
6. How did Emily die?
(c) Car accident.
(d) Child birth.
7. What does the stage manager do after George enters the cemetery?
(a) Holds him.
(b) Draws the curtain over the scene.
(c) Cries with George.
(d) Leads him away from the cemetary.
8. What does Emily say about the Earth?
(a) It will always be her home.
(b) It is too wonderful for anyone to realize.
(c) It is awful and wonderful.
(d) It is more dear than she ever could have imagined.
9. How does George answer the stage manager's question to Emily after the Student Council elections?
(a) She was at the elections.
(b) She was scared of a runaway horse.
(c) She won by a landslide.
(d) They are dating.
10. What does Emily say just before she gets married?
(a) She would rather things remain the way they are.
(b) She loves George.
(c) She hates George and wishes she were dead.
(d) She refuses to live far from her father.
11. Who does the stage manager introduce at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) The people in the cemetary.
(b) The new people in town.
(c) Some of the audience members.
(d) The children of Emily and George.
12. Who does the stage manager say has fully enjoyed life while living it?
(a) Everyone in their own way.
(c) Some saints and some poets.
(d) A few gifted individuals.
13. What does the stage manager say we all know at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) That life is short.
(b) That life is worth living.
(c) That something is eternal.
(d) That everyone dies.
14. What do the row of chairs on stage indicate in the first scene in Act 3?
(d) A class system.
15. What does Simon Stimson say to Emily when she re-joins the group at the cemetery?
(a) She is a fool.
(b) The living are cruel and ignorant.
(c) Some lives are not worth living.
(d) Life was too good for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Simon Stimwell die?
2. Who is teasing George on his wedding day?
3. What does the stage manager say during a pause in the wedding?
4. What does George say that he is celebrating with Emily?
5. What does Mr. Webb ask George just before he marries Emily?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)