|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who speaks the most during the wedding?
(b) Mrs. Soames.
(c) The stage manager.
(d) Mrs. Webb.
2. What does Emily worry about as she drinks her soda with George?
(a) It was too expensive.
(b) She doesn't know what to say.
(c) She likes George.
(d) She is late getting home.
3. What does George say he does not want to do just before he gets married?
(a) Get married.
(b) Make his love live in poverty.
(c) Go to school
(d) Grow old.
4. What does Emily tell George she is sorry for as they talk after the student council elections?
(a) Being so bold.
(b) Hurting his feelings.
(c) Spreading a rumor.
(d) Telling the truth.
5. What does Emily not like about the cemetery?
(a) Watching her loved ones grieve for her.
(b) Not being able to communicate with the living.
(c) The dreary feeling there.
(d) Being new there.
6. Why does Mrs. Webb say she is crying at the wedding?
(a) She doesn't know.
(b) She feels it all went too fast.
(c) She does not think this will last.
(d) She is worried.
7. What is the name of the town in this play?
(a) Green Meadow Vista.
(b) Glenndale Crest.
(c) Grover's Corners.
(d) Grenwhich Village.
8. What does the stage manager say during a pause in the wedding?
(a) Emily was wise to fear this wedding.
(b) One of these young people will die soon.
(c) Love is a beautiful thing.
(d) The patterns of life repeat themselves.
9. What does George do after being teased on his wedding day?
(b) Runs out of the church.
(c) Punches someone.
(d) Remains calm.
10. How does George answer the stage manager's question to Emily after the Student Council elections?
(a) She was at the elections.
(b) They are dating.
(c) She won by a landslide.
(d) She was scared of a runaway horse.
11. What do Mrs. Gibbs's relatives say about her gravestone?
(a) It is too fancy.
(b) It suits her perfectly.
(c) The saying is not appropriate for her.
(d) It is much simpler than she would have liked.
12. Who does the stage manager introduce at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Some of the audience members.
(b) The people in the cemetary.
(c) The new people in town.
(d) The children of Emily and George.
13. What does Simon Stimson say to Emily when she re-joins the group at the cemetery?
(a) Life was too good for him.
(b) The living are cruel and ignorant.
(c) Some lives are not worth living.
(d) She is a fool.
14. What is George's natural feeling about women?
(a) They need to be protected.
(b) They are naturally more good than men.
(c) They are too quick to trust.
(d) They are kinder than men.
15. What does the stage manager say everyone in town is doing at the end of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Gibbs put on Emily's grave?
2. What does the stage manager say is the ancient tradition Emily and George are embarking on when they get married?
3. What is the second real character that the stage manager plays?
4. Why does Emily say what she thinks about just before she gets married?
5. What does the stage manager say is replacing automobiles while he chats with George and Emily?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)