|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the stage manager say has fully enjoyed life while living it?
(b) A few gifted individuals.
(c) Some saints and some poets.
(d) Everyone in their own way.
2. What does Simon Stimson say to Emily when she re-joins the group at the cemetery?
(a) The living are cruel and ignorant.
(b) She is a fool.
(c) Some lives are not worth living.
(d) Life was too good for him.
3. What does George do after being teased on his wedding day?
(b) Runs out of the church.
(c) Punches someone.
(d) Remains calm.
4. Why does Mrs. Webb say she is crying at the wedding?
(a) She is worried.
(b) She does not think this will last.
(c) She feels it all went too fast.
(d) She doesn't know.
5. What kind of college is George going to?
6. What does the stage manager say during a pause in the wedding?
(a) Emily was wise to fear this wedding.
(b) The patterns of life repeat themselves.
(c) One of these young people will die soon.
(d) Love is a beautiful thing.
7. How does George answer the stage manager's question to Emily after the Student Council elections?
(a) They are dating.
(b) She was scared of a runaway horse.
(c) She won by a landslide.
(d) She was at the elections.
8. What question does the stage manager ask Emily while playing his first actual character?
(a) If she won the election.
(b) Why she was crying.
(c) Where she has been.
(d) Why she is with George.
9. What do Emily and Mrs. Gibbs say about the living when George enters the cemetery?
(a) They do not understand.
(b) They are foolish.
(c) They are wonderful and warm.
(d) They are fighting a losing battle.
10. What does George buy for Emily during their chat after the Student Council elections?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A flower.
(c) A soda.
(d) Some candy.
11. Who does the stage manager say are witnesses to the marriage between George and Emily?
(a) The world.
(b) God and angels.
(c) The audience.
(d) The town.
12. What is one of the main differences in town between the second and third acts?
(a) The town is bigger.
(b) More people drive cars.
(c) Many people died.
(d) The war has begun.
13. What does George do when he enters the cemetery alone?
(a) Lays face down on Emily's grave.
(b) Begs Emily to come back to him.
(c) Places flowers on Emily's grave.
(d) Speaks with his mother about how sad he is.
14. What does the stage manager say is the ancient tradition Emily and George are embarking on when they get married?
(a) Living two by two.
(b) Forsaking ones parents.
(c) Announcing to the world their monogamy.
(d) Sacrificing comfort for the greater good.
15. What does George tell Emily is so hard for a fella' as he talks to her after the student council elections?
(a) Avoiding conceit.
(b) Denying pretty girls.
(c) Hiding his feelings.
(d) Allowing faults to creep into his character.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is to be buried at the beginning of Act 3?
2. What is the first thing Emily realizes about her mother when she sees her in her new life?
3. What does Emily demand of George just before they get married?
4. What does George say that he is celebrating with Emily?
5. Which of the following characters does NOT take a seat in one of the chairs in the first scene of Act 3?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)