|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does the stage manager ask Emily while playing his first actual character?
(a) Why she is with George.
(b) Where she has been.
(c) Why she was crying.
(d) If she won the election.
2. What do the row of chairs on stage indicate in the first scene in Act 3?
(c) A class system.
3. How does George answer the stage manager's question to Emily after the Student Council elections?
(a) She won by a landslide.
(b) She was scared of a runaway horse.
(c) She was at the elections.
(d) They are dating.
4. What is one of the main differences in town between the second and third acts?
(a) Many people died.
(b) The town is bigger.
(c) The war has begun.
(d) More people drive cars.
5. Who is teasing George on his wedding day?
(b) Some baseball buddies.
(c) His father.
(d) The stage manager.
6. What does Emily demand of George just before they get married?
(a) That he allow her to live near her family.
(b) That he be a good father.
(c) That he love her forever.
(d) That he buy her a house.
7. What does George tell Emily is so hard for a fella' as he talks to her after the student council elections?
(a) Allowing faults to creep into his character.
(b) Hiding his feelings.
(c) Avoiding conceit.
(d) Denying pretty girls.
8. Who does Mrs. Webb say cried earlier in the day at the wedding?
(a) Mrs. Gibbs.
(b) The stage manager.
(c) Mr. Webb.
9. What does the stage manager do after George enters the cemetery?
(a) Cries with George.
(b) Draws the curtain over the scene.
(c) Holds him.
(d) Leads him away from the cemetary.
10. What does Emily tell George she is not sorry for as they talk after the student council elections?
(a) Spreading a rumor.
(b) Being so bold.
(c) Hurting his feelings.
(d) Telling the truth.
11. How much time passed between the second and third acts?
(a) Nine weeks.
(b) Nine months.
(c) Nine days.
(d) Nine years.
12. What office in the student council did George hold?
(c) Vice President.
13. What does the stage manager say IS eternal?
14. What kind of college is George going to?
15. What does the stage manager urge the audience to do while George and Emily prepare to tell their story?
(a) Remember what it was like to be in love.
(b) Kiss someone they love.
(c) Pretend this is their story.
(d) Fill their hearts and minds with loving thoughts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily worry about as she drinks her soda with George?
2. Who is to be buried at the beginning of Act 3?
3. Where did George and Emily go after they were elected to their offices in the student council?
4. What does the stage manager say the dead are doing?
5. What is the first actual character that the stage manager plays?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)