|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does George say he does not want to do just before he gets married?
(a) Make his love live in poverty.
(b) Get married.
(c) Go to school
(d) Grow old.
2. Why does Emily think George is so conceited?
(a) He dates too many girls.
(b) He is handsome.
(c) He was just elected to a student council office.
(d) He is extremely good at baseball.
3. What do Mrs. Gibbs's relatives say about her gravestone?
(a) It is too fancy.
(b) It is much simpler than she would have liked.
(c) The saying is not appropriate for her.
(d) It suits her perfectly.
4. What does the stage manager tell the audience to do at the end of the play?
(a) Live life to the fullest.
(b) Cherish those around them.
(c) Learn something.
(d) Go home and rest.
5. How does George answer the stage manager's question to Emily after the Student Council elections?
(a) She won by a landslide.
(b) She was scared of a runaway horse.
(c) She was at the elections.
(d) They are dating.
6. What kind of college is George going to?
7. What is the second real character that the stage manager plays?
(a) The ring bearer.
(b) The decorator.
(c) The mailman.
(d) The minister.
8. What does Emily say about the Earth?
(a) It is more dear than she ever could have imagined.
(b) It will always be her home.
(c) It is too wonderful for anyone to realize.
(d) It is awful and wonderful.
9. How old is Emily when she begins her new life?
10. What does Simon Stimson say to Emily when she re-joins the group at the cemetery?
(a) Life was too good for him.
(b) Some lives are not worth living.
(c) She is a fool.
(d) The living are cruel and ignorant.
11. What do the row of chairs on stage indicate in the first scene in Act 3?
(b) A class system.
12. What do the guests at George and Emily's wedding sit on?
(a) The ground.
13. Who enters the stage just after Mrs. Webb is done speaking at the wedding?
(b) Mr. Webb.
(c) Mrs. Gibbs.
14. What does Mr. Webb ask George just before he marries Emily?
(a) If he really knows what being a husband will entail.
(b) If he can take care of Emily.
(c) If he truly loves Emily.
(d) If he can calm Emily down.
15. According to the stage manager, what almost always accompanies youth and love?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Webb say is cruel while at the wedding?
2. What does George tell Emily is so hard for a fella' as he talks to her after the student council elections?
3. What does George realize when he is talking to Emily after the student council elections?
4. What does the stage manager tell Emily and George to show the audience at the beginning of the fifth scene?
5. What is George's natural feeling about women?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)