|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who speaks the most during the wedding?
(a) Mrs. Webb.
(c) The stage manager.
(d) Mrs. Soames.
2. What does the stage manager say is the ancient tradition Emily and George are embarking on when they get married?
(a) Forsaking ones parents.
(b) Sacrificing comfort for the greater good.
(c) Announcing to the world their monogamy.
(d) Living two by two.
3. How did Wally die?
(b) War wound.
(c) Car accident.
4. What is George's natural feeling about women?
(a) They are kinder than men.
(b) They are too quick to trust.
(c) They need to be protected.
(d) They are naturally more good than men.
5. Which of the following does the stage manager say is NOT eternal?
(b) The stars.
6. What is the first actual character that the stage manager plays?
(a) Mr. Millet.
(b) Mr. Mulligan.
(c) Mr. Miller.
(d) Mr. Morgan.
7. What do the row of chairs on stage indicate in the first scene in Act 3?
(b) A class system.
8. What does Emily say about the Earth?
(a) It is more dear than she ever could have imagined.
(b) It will always be her home.
(c) It is awful and wonderful.
(d) It is too wonderful for anyone to realize.
9. What does the stage manager urge the audience to do while George and Emily prepare to tell their story?
(a) Kiss someone they love.
(b) Remember what it was like to be in love.
(c) Pretend this is their story.
(d) Fill their hearts and minds with loving thoughts.
10. Why does Emily think George is so conceited?
(a) He is handsome.
(b) He is extremely good at baseball.
(c) He dates too many girls.
(d) He was just elected to a student council office.
11. What does Emily say just before she gets married?
(a) She loves George.
(b) She would rather things remain the way they are.
(c) She refuses to live far from her father.
(d) She hates George and wishes she were dead.
12. How does George answer the stage manager's question to Emily after the Student Council elections?
(a) She was scared of a runaway horse.
(b) She won by a landslide.
(c) They are dating.
(d) She was at the elections.
13. How did Emily die?
(b) Child birth.
(c) Car accident.
14. Why does Emily choose to not re-live her life?
(a) She knows too much.
(b) It was too painful.
(c) No one around her cherishes life the way they should.
(d) She was too eager to move on.
15. What does George do after being teased on his wedding day?
(b) Runs out of the church.
(c) Punches someone.
(d) Remains calm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Webb say she wants to do before her daughter gets married, but does not think she will have the chance to do?
2. Who does the stage manager introduce at the beginning of Act 3?
3. Why does Emily say what she thinks about just before she gets married?
4. How much time passed between the second and third acts?
5. What does George say he does not want to do just before he gets married?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)