|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does George realize when he is talking to Emily after the student council elections?
(a) She is staring at him.
(b) She is blushing.
(c) She is scared of him.
(d) She is mad at him.
2. What does Emily tell George she is sorry for as they talk after the student council elections?
(a) Hurting his feelings.
(b) Spreading a rumor.
(c) Being so bold.
(d) Telling the truth.
3. Why does Mrs. Webb say she is crying at the wedding?
(a) She doesn't know.
(b) She does not think this will last.
(c) She feels it all went too fast.
(d) She is worried.
4. What is the setting of the first scene in Act 3?
(a) A church.
(b) A school.
(c) A town square.
(d) A graveyard.
5. Who does the stage manager say has fully enjoyed life while living it?
(a) Some saints and some poets.
(c) Everyone in their own way.
(d) A few gifted individuals.
6. What does George do after being teased on his wedding day?
(b) Runs out of the church.
(c) Remains calm.
(d) Punches someone.
7. What does Emily say about the Earth?
(a) It is awful and wonderful.
(b) It is too wonderful for anyone to realize.
(c) It will always be her home.
(d) It is more dear than she ever could have imagined.
8. What does Emily decide to do shortly after her death?
(a) Move forward with her existence.
(b) Re-live her life.
(c) Write about her experience.
(d) Guard George from harm.
9. What is the first thing Emily realizes about her mother when she sees her in her new life?
(a) She is so young.
(b) She is radiant.
(c) She seems sad.
(d) She is tired.
10. What does Emily tell George is the only thing she really wants?
(a) To have children.
(b) To be happy.
(c) To be loved.
(d) To feel safe.
11. What does the stage manager say is the ancient tradition Emily and George are embarking on when they get married?
(a) Announcing to the world their monogamy.
(b) Living two by two.
(c) Forsaking ones parents.
(d) Sacrificing comfort for the greater good.
12. What does George say that he is celebrating with Emily?
(a) Having a real conversation.
(b) Winning his last baseball game.
(c) Changing the school together.
(d) The election and their friendship.
13. Which of the following does the stage manager say is NOT eternal?
(b) The stars.
14. What does Dr. Gibbs put on Emily's grave?
(a) A picture.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) Her wedding dress.
15. What is the last thing the stage manager says in Act 2?
(b) I now pronounce you man and wife.
(c) And they lived happily ever after.
(d) This is the end of the act.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the stage manager, what almost always accompanies youth and love?
2. What does Emily not like about the cemetery?
3. What does the stage manager say is replacing automobiles while he chats with George and Emily?
4. How much time passed between the second and third acts?
5. What is Emily's natural feeling about men?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)