|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters the stage just after Mrs. Webb is done speaking at the wedding?
(a) Mrs. Gibbs.
(b) Mr. Webb.
2. What does the stage manager say IS eternal?
3. What kind of college is George going to?
4. What is removed from the stage during George and Emily's wedding?
(a) The curtain.
(b) Most of the cast.
(c) The school.
(d) The house settings.
5. What is so conspicuous about one of the chairs in the first row in the first scene of Act 3?
(a) There is a spotlight on it.
(b) It is empty.
(c) There is a small child in it.
(d) It is a different color than the others.
6. Why does Emily think George is so conceited?
(a) He was just elected to a student council office.
(b) He is handsome.
(c) He dates too many girls.
(d) He is extremely good at baseball.
7. What does Mrs. Webb give Emily when she first begins her new life?
(a) A hug.
(b) A picture.
(c) Some birthday presents.
(d) A book.
8. What does the stage manager urge the audience to do while George and Emily prepare to tell their story?
(a) Remember what it was like to be in love.
(b) Pretend this is their story.
(c) Fill their hearts and minds with loving thoughts.
(d) Kiss someone they love.
9. How did Emily die?
(a) Child birth.
(d) Car accident.
10. What does Emily tell George is the only thing she really wants?
(a) To be loved.
(b) To be happy.
(c) To have children.
(d) To feel safe.
11. What does Emily say just before she gets married?
(a) She would rather things remain the way they are.
(b) She refuses to live far from her father.
(c) She loves George.
(d) She hates George and wishes she were dead.
12. What does George ask Emily to do while he is at college?
(a) Call him on the phone.
(b) Write him letters.
(c) Visit his mom.
(d) Not date other guys.
13. What does George say that he is celebrating with Emily?
(a) Changing the school together.
(b) Winning his last baseball game.
(c) The election and their friendship.
(d) Having a real conversation.
14. What office in the student council did George hold?
(c) Vice President.
15. What does Dr. Gibbs put on Emily's grave?
(a) Her wedding dress.
(b) A bottle of wine.
(d) A picture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George buy for Emily during their chat after the Student Council elections?
2. Who speaks the most during the wedding?
3. What office in the student council did Emily hold?
4. What does the stage manager do after George enters the cemetery?
5. What is the first actual character that the stage manager plays?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)