|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the stage manager tell the audience to do at the end of the play?
(a) Cherish those around them.
(b) Live life to the fullest.
(c) Learn something.
(d) Go home and rest.
2. What is the first actual character that the stage manager plays?
(a) Mr. Mulligan.
(b) Mr. Millet.
(c) Mr. Miller.
(d) Mr. Morgan.
3. What does George realize when he is talking to Emily after the student council elections?
(a) She is scared of him.
(b) She is blushing.
(c) She is mad at him.
(d) She is staring at him.
4. What is removed from the stage during George and Emily's wedding?
(a) The curtain.
(b) Most of the cast.
(c) The house settings.
(d) The school.
5. What is the first thing Emily realizes about her mother when she sees her in her new life?
(a) She is tired.
(b) She is radiant.
(c) She seems sad.
(d) She is so young.
6. Why does Mrs. Webb say she is crying at the wedding?
(a) She is worried.
(b) She feels it all went too fast.
(c) She doesn't know.
(d) She does not think this will last.
7. What is George's natural feeling about women?
(a) They need to be protected.
(b) They are naturally more good than men.
(c) They are too quick to trust.
(d) They are kinder than men.
8. What office in the student council did Emily hold?
(a) Vice President.
9. What does George ask Emily to do while he is at college?
(a) Visit his mom.
(b) Not date other guys.
(c) Call him on the phone.
(d) Write him letters.
10. What is the last thing the stage manager says in Act 2?
(a) This is the end of the act.
(b) I now pronounce you man and wife.
(d) And they lived happily ever after.
11. What does Dr. Gibbs put on Emily's grave?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(c) Her wedding dress.
(d) A picture.
12. What does the stage manager do after George enters the cemetery?
(a) Holds him.
(b) Cries with George.
(c) Draws the curtain over the scene.
(d) Leads him away from the cemetary.
13. What does the stage manager say everyone in town is doing at the end of the play?
14. Where did George and Emily go after they were elected to their offices in the student council?
(a) The school library.
(b) Emily's house.
(c) A soda shop.
(d) George's house.
15. What does Emily decide to do shortly after her death?
(a) Move forward with her existence.
(b) Re-live her life.
(c) Write about her experience.
(d) Guard George from harm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emily choose to not re-live her life?
2. What does the stage manager say IS eternal?
3. What question does the stage manager ask Emily while playing his first actual character?
4. What does Mrs. Webb say is cruel while at the wedding?
5. Who is to be buried at the beginning of Act 3?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)