|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Webb say cried earlier in the day at the wedding?
(a) Mr. Webb.
(b) Mrs. Gibbs.
(c) The stage manager.
2. What is the last thing the stage manager says in Act 2?
(a) This is the end of the act.
(b) And they lived happily ever after.
(c) I now pronounce you man and wife.
3. What does George tell Emily is so hard for a fella' as he talks to her after the student council elections?
(a) Allowing faults to creep into his character.
(b) Avoiding conceit.
(c) Denying pretty girls.
(d) Hiding his feelings.
4. What does Emily say about the Earth?
(a) It is more dear than she ever could have imagined.
(b) It will always be her home.
(c) It is too wonderful for anyone to realize.
(d) It is awful and wonderful.
5. Who is teasing George on his wedding day?
(a) His father.
(c) The stage manager.
(d) Some baseball buddies.
6. How does George answer the stage manager's question to Emily after the Student Council elections?
(a) She was scared of a runaway horse.
(b) She won by a landslide.
(c) She was at the elections.
(d) They are dating.
7. Who does the stage manager say are witnesses to the marriage between George and Emily?
(a) God and angels.
(b) The world.
(c) The audience.
(d) The town.
8. What does George say he does not want to do just before he gets married?
(a) Go to school
(b) Grow old.
(c) Make his love live in poverty.
(d) Get married.
9. What two terms do the dead use to describe life?
(a) Carefree and simple.
(b) Awful and wonderful.
(c) Loving and hateful.
(d) Mundane and hectic.
10. What office in the student council did George hold?
(d) Vice President.
11. Who does the stage manager say has fully enjoyed life while living it?
(a) Everyone in their own way.
(c) Some saints and some poets.
(d) A few gifted individuals.
12. What does the stage manager say is replacing automobiles while he chats with George and Emily?
13. What office in the student council did Emily hold?
(b) Vice President.
14. What does Emily NOT say goodbye to when she chooses to not re-live her life?
(a) Her memories.
(b) The Earth.
(c) Her life.
15. What is the name of the town in this play?
(a) Grover's Corners.
(b) Glenndale Crest.
(c) Grenwhich Village.
(d) Green Meadow Vista.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks the most during the wedding?
2. Who sits by Mrs. Webb at the wedding?
3. Who does the stage manager introduce at the beginning of Act 3?
4. What is the first actual character that the stage manager plays?
5. What does George ask Emily to do while he is at college?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)