|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Webb give Emily when she first begins her new life?
(a) A hug.
(b) A picture.
(c) A book.
(d) Some birthday presents.
2. What does the stage manager tell Emily and George to show the audience at the beginning of the fifth scene?
(a) Their first kiss.
(b) Their first date.
(c) The moment they told their parents they were in love.
(d) The moment they fell in love.
3. Why does Emily choose to not re-live her life?
(a) No one around her cherishes life the way they should.
(b) She was too eager to move on.
(c) It was too painful.
(d) She knows too much.
4. What is removed from the stage during George and Emily's wedding?
(a) The school.
(b) Most of the cast.
(c) The curtain.
(d) The house settings.
5. What is the setting of the first scene in Act 3?
(a) A graveyard.
(b) A town square.
(c) A church.
(d) A school.
6. How old is Emily when she begins her new life?
7. What is the last thing the stage manager says in Act 2?
(a) And they lived happily ever after.
(c) This is the end of the act.
(d) I now pronounce you man and wife.
8. What does Emily NOT say goodbye to when she chooses to not re-live her life?
(a) Her memories.
(b) Her life.
(d) The Earth.
9. What does George tell Emily is so hard for a fella' as he talks to her after the student council elections?
(a) Avoiding conceit.
(b) Allowing faults to creep into his character.
(c) Denying pretty girls.
(d) Hiding his feelings.
10. Who sits by Mrs. Webb at the wedding?
(a) Mr. Webb.
(b) Simon Stimwell.
(c) Mrs. Soames.
(d) Mrs. Gibbs.
11. How did Wally die?
(a) Car accident.
(b) War wound.
12. What does George ask Emily to do while he is at college?
(a) Write him letters.
(b) Not date other guys.
(c) Call him on the phone.
(d) Visit his mom.
13. Which of the following does the stage manager say is NOT eternal?
(b) The stars.
14. What is Emily's natural feeling about men?
(a) They are not people to trust.
(b) They are here to protect women.
(c) They are all corrupt.
(d) They should be perfect.
15. What does Emily not like about the cemetery?
(a) Watching her loved ones grieve for her.
(b) The dreary feeling there.
(c) Being new there.
(d) Not being able to communicate with the living.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily say just before she gets married?
2. What does the stage manager say we all know at the beginning of Act 3?
3. What is one of the main differences in town between the second and third acts?
4. What does Dr. Gibbs put on Emily's grave?
5. What does Mrs. Webb say she wants to do before her daughter gets married, but does not think she will have the chance to do?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)