|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does the stage manager ask Emily while playing his first actual character?
(a) Why she was crying.
(b) If she won the election.
(c) Where she has been.
(d) Why she is with George.
2. What does Emily tell George she is not sorry for as they talk after the student council elections?
(a) Telling the truth.
(b) Hurting his feelings.
(c) Being so bold.
(d) Spreading a rumor.
3. How much time passed between the second and third acts?
(a) Nine weeks.
(b) Nine days.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Nine years.
4. What does Simon Stimson say to Emily when she re-joins the group at the cemetery?
(a) The living are cruel and ignorant.
(b) She is a fool.
(c) Some lives are not worth living.
(d) Life was too good for him.
5. What is the first actual character that the stage manager plays?
(a) Mr. Mulligan.
(b) Mr. Millet.
(c) Mr. Miller.
(d) Mr. Morgan.
6. What do the guests at George and Emily's wedding sit on?
(c) The ground.
7. What does the stage manager say the dead are doing?
8. What does Mrs. Webb say is cruel while at the wedding?
(a) Forcing a mother to plan a wedding on such short notice.
(b) Stealing a mother's daughter so soon after graduation.
(c) Not allowing a mother to help her daughter get dressed on her wedding day.
(d) Sending young girls into marriage unprepared.
9. What does Mr. Web say when he first comes home from work in the third act?
(a) He misses Emily.
(b) He is tired.
(c) It is Emily's birthday.
(d) He feels that his life is being lived for him.
10. What office in the student council did George hold?
(b) Vice President.
11. Why does Emily choose to not re-live her life?
(a) She knows too much.
(b) She was too eager to move on.
(c) It was too painful.
(d) No one around her cherishes life the way they should.
12. What does George do after being teased on his wedding day?
(a) Punches someone.
(b) Remains calm.
(c) Runs out of the church.
13. What does Mrs. Webb give Emily when she first begins her new life?
(a) A hug.
(b) A picture.
(c) Some birthday presents.
(d) A book.
14. What does George realize when he is talking to Emily after the student council elections?
(a) She is staring at him.
(b) She is blushing.
(c) She is scared of him.
(d) She is mad at him.
15. What does Emily NOT say goodbye to when she chooses to not re-live her life?
(a) Her memories.
(b) The Earth.
(d) Her life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stage manager say is the ancient tradition Emily and George are embarking on when they get married?
2. Who is to be buried at the beginning of Act 3?
3. What does George say he does not want to do just before he gets married?
4. What does Emily not like about the cemetery?
5. What is one of the main differences in town between the second and third acts?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)