|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does George say that he is celebrating with Emily?
(a) Changing the school together.
(b) The election and their friendship.
(c) Having a real conversation.
(d) Winning his last baseball game.
2. What does Emily say just before she gets married?
(a) She refuses to live far from her father.
(b) She hates George and wishes she were dead.
(c) She loves George.
(d) She would rather things remain the way they are.
3. What is so conspicuous about one of the chairs in the first row in the first scene of Act 3?
(a) There is a small child in it.
(b) It is a different color than the others.
(c) It is empty.
(d) There is a spotlight on it.
4. Where did George and Emily go after they were elected to their offices in the student council?
(a) Emily's house.
(b) The school library.
(c) A soda shop.
(d) George's house.
5. What does the stage manager say IS eternal?
6. What does Mrs. Webb say she wants to do before her daughter gets married, but does not think she will have the chance to do?
(a) Speak to George.
(b) Kiss her daughter.
(c) Thank all the guests.
(d) Talk to her daughter.
7. What is George's natural feeling about women?
(a) They need to be protected.
(b) They are too quick to trust.
(c) They are kinder than men.
(d) They are naturally more good than men.
8. What does the stage manager say is replacing automobiles while he chats with George and Emily?
9. Who is to be buried at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Mrs. Gibbs.
(d) Simon Stimwell.
10. Why does Emily think George is so conceited?
(a) He is extremely good at baseball.
(b) He dates too many girls.
(c) He was just elected to a student council office.
(d) He is handsome.
11. What does Emily worry about as she drinks her soda with George?
(a) She doesn't know what to say.
(b) She likes George.
(c) She is late getting home.
(d) It was too expensive.
12. What is the name of the town in this play?
(a) Grover's Corners.
(b) Glenndale Crest.
(c) Green Meadow Vista.
(d) Grenwhich Village.
13. What is the setting of the first scene in Act 3?
(a) A town square.
(b) A graveyard.
(c) A church.
(d) A school.
14. Who speaks the most during the wedding?
(a) Mrs. Soames.
(c) The stage manager.
(d) Mrs. Webb.
15. What does the stage manager tell the audience to do at the end of the play?
(a) Cherish those around them.
(b) Learn something.
(c) Live life to the fullest.
(d) Go home and rest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first actual character that the stage manager plays?
2. Why does Emily say what she thinks about just before she gets married?
3. What does Mrs. Webb say is cruel while at the wedding?
4. Who enters the stage just after Mrs. Webb is done speaking at the wedding?
5. What is the first thing Emily realizes about her mother when she sees her in her new life?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)