|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the main differences in town between the second and third acts?
(a) The war has begun.
(b) The town is bigger.
(c) Many people died.
(d) More people drive cars.
2. What two terms do the dead use to describe life?
(a) Carefree and simple.
(b) Mundane and hectic.
(c) Awful and wonderful.
(d) Loving and hateful.
3. What does the stage manager say IS eternal?
4. What is the name of the town in this play?
(a) Glenndale Crest.
(b) Grenwhich Village.
(c) Grover's Corners.
(d) Green Meadow Vista.
5. What does George tell Emily is so hard for a fella' as he talks to her after the student council elections?
(a) Denying pretty girls.
(b) Hiding his feelings.
(c) Allowing faults to creep into his character.
(d) Avoiding conceit.
6. What does the stage manager say the dead are doing?
7. What does George say he does not want to do just before he gets married?
(a) Go to school
(b) Get married.
(c) Make his love live in poverty.
(d) Grow old.
8. What does Emily not like about the cemetery?
(a) Not being able to communicate with the living.
(b) The dreary feeling there.
(c) Being new there.
(d) Watching her loved ones grieve for her.
9. What does the stage manager say during a pause in the wedding?
(a) The patterns of life repeat themselves.
(b) One of these young people will die soon.
(c) Love is a beautiful thing.
(d) Emily was wise to fear this wedding.
10. What does George tell his mother he and Emily will do just before he is married?
(a) Move to the country.
(b) Eat dinner at her house every Thursday.
(c) Always live close to her.
(d) Attend the same college.
11. What do Emily and Mrs. Gibbs say about the living when George enters the cemetery?
(a) They are fighting a losing battle.
(b) They are foolish.
(c) They do not understand.
(d) They are wonderful and warm.
12. What does Emily say about the Earth?
(a) It is awful and wonderful.
(b) It is too wonderful for anyone to realize.
(c) It is more dear than she ever could have imagined.
(d) It will always be her home.
13. What is removed from the stage during George and Emily's wedding?
(a) The curtain.
(b) The house settings.
(c) Most of the cast.
(d) The school.
14. What is Emily's natural feeling about men?
(a) They are not people to trust.
(b) They should be perfect.
(c) They are here to protect women.
(d) They are all corrupt.
15. Why does Emily choose to not re-live her life?
(a) She knows too much.
(b) No one around her cherishes life the way they should.
(c) She was too eager to move on.
(d) It was too painful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the stage just after Mrs. Webb is done speaking at the wedding?
2. What question does the stage manager ask Emily while playing his first actual character?
3. What does the stage manager do after George enters the cemetery?
4. What does Emily worry about as she drinks her soda with George?
5. Who does the stage manager introduce at the beginning of Act 3?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)