|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Webb ask George just before he marries Emily?
(a) If he can calm Emily down.
(b) If he can take care of Emily.
(c) If he truly loves Emily.
(d) If he really knows what being a husband will entail.
2. What do the row of chairs on stage indicate in the first scene in Act 3?
(c) A class system.
3. Who sits by Mrs. Webb at the wedding?
(a) Mrs. Soames.
(b) Mr. Webb.
(c) Mrs. Gibbs.
(d) Simon Stimwell.
4. What does Emily tell George she is sorry for as they talk after the student council elections?
(a) Telling the truth.
(b) Spreading a rumor.
(c) Hurting his feelings.
(d) Being so bold.
5. How does George answer the stage manager's question to Emily after the Student Council elections?
(a) She was at the elections.
(b) She was scared of a runaway horse.
(c) She won by a landslide.
(d) They are dating.
6. How did Simon Stimwell die?
(b) Car accident.
(c) War wound.
7. Why does George decide to not go to college after all?
(a) He is afraid to leave his mother alone.
(b) He does not get good enough grades.
(c) He and Emily realize they are meant to be together.
(d) He wants to pursue his baseball career.
8. What does George say he does not want to do just before he gets married?
(a) Go to school
(b) Get married.
(c) Grow old.
(d) Make his love live in poverty.
9. What does the stage manager say everyone in town is doing at the end of the play?
10. What does Dr. Gibbs put on Emily's grave?
(a) Her wedding dress.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) A picture.
11. According to the stage manager, what almost always accompanies youth and love?
12. What does George say that he is celebrating with Emily?
(a) The election and their friendship.
(b) Winning his last baseball game.
(c) Changing the school together.
(d) Having a real conversation.
13. What does Emily NOT say goodbye to when she chooses to not re-live her life?
(a) Her life.
(c) The Earth.
(d) Her memories.
14. Who does the stage manager say are witnesses to the marriage between George and Emily?
(a) The world.
(b) The audience.
(c) The town.
(d) God and angels.
15. How much time passed between the second and third acts?
(a) Nine days.
(b) Nine years.
(c) Nine weeks.
(d) Nine months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the guests at George and Emily's wedding sit on?
2. What is George's natural feeling about women?
3. What office in the student council did George hold?
4. Why does Emily choose to not re-live her life?
5. What does Emily say just before she gets married?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)