|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two terms do the dead use to describe life?
(a) Loving and hateful.
(b) Carefree and simple.
(c) Awful and wonderful.
(d) Mundane and hectic.
2. Who speaks the most during the wedding?
(a) The stage manager.
(b) Mrs. Soames.
(d) Mrs. Webb.
3. What does George say when Emily tells him what she is worried about while drinking sodas with him?
(a) It is worth it.
(b) He likes her too,
(c) He will walk her home.
(d) He is happy to see her speechless.
4. What does George say that he is celebrating with Emily?
(a) Winning his last baseball game.
(b) The election and their friendship.
(c) Having a real conversation.
(d) Changing the school together.
5. What does Emily tell George she is not sorry for as they talk after the student council elections?
(a) Hurting his feelings.
(b) Being so bold.
(c) Telling the truth.
(d) Spreading a rumor.
6. What is the first thing Emily realizes about her mother when she sees her in her new life?
(a) She is radiant.
(b) She is so young.
(c) She is tired.
(d) She seems sad.
7. What is so conspicuous about one of the chairs in the first row in the first scene of Act 3?
(a) It is empty.
(b) There is a small child in it.
(c) It is a different color than the others.
(d) There is a spotlight on it.
8. How did Emily die?
(b) Child birth.
(d) Car accident.
9. What does Simon Stimson say to Emily when she re-joins the group at the cemetery?
(a) Life was too good for him.
(b) She is a fool.
(c) The living are cruel and ignorant.
(d) Some lives are not worth living.
10. What does the stage manager say we all know at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) That something is eternal.
(b) That everyone dies.
(c) That life is worth living.
(d) That life is short.
11. What office in the student council did George hold?
(b) Vice President.
12. What does George say he does not want to do just before he gets married?
(a) Make his love live in poverty.
(b) Grow old.
(c) Go to school
(d) Get married.
13. Who does the stage manager introduce at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Some of the audience members.
(b) The people in the cemetary.
(c) The new people in town.
(d) The children of Emily and George.
14. Which of the following characters does NOT take a seat in one of the chairs in the first scene of Act 3?
(a) Mr. Webb.
(b) Mrs. Soames.
(c) Simon Stimwell.
(d) Mrs. Gibbs.
15. What does Dr. Gibbs put on Emily's grave?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(c) A picture.
(d) Her wedding dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is removed from the stage during George and Emily's wedding?
2. What is the second real character that the stage manager plays?
3. Who does Mrs. Webb say cried earlier in the day at the wedding?
4. What does Emily tell George she is sorry for as they talk after the student council elections?
5. What do the row of chairs on stage indicate in the first scene in Act 3?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)