Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does the stage manager say is NOT eternal?
(b) The stars.
2. What do Emily and Mrs. Gibbs say about the living when George enters the cemetery?
(a) They do not understand.
(b) They are foolish.
(c) They are wonderful and warm.
(d) They are fighting a losing battle.
3. What does Mrs. Webb give Emily when she first begins her new life?
(a) A hug.
(b) Some birthday presents.
(c) A book.
(d) A picture.
4. What does Emily beg her mother to do at the end of the play?
(a) Come with her.
(b) Let loose of her mundane duties for a time.
(c) Keep her safe.
(d) Truly see her and experience the moments she has.
5. What is removed from the stage during George and Emily's wedding?
(a) The house settings.
(b) The curtain.
(c) The school.
(d) Most of the cast.
6. What does the stage manager do after George enters the cemetery?
(a) Draws the curtain over the scene.
(b) Holds him.
(c) Cries with George.
(d) Leads him away from the cemetary.
7. What does Emily decide to do shortly after her death?
(a) Guard George from harm.
(b) Re-live her life.
(c) Write about her experience.
(d) Move forward with her existence.
8. What does George say when Emily tells him what she is worried about while drinking sodas with him?
(a) It is worth it.
(b) He will walk her home.
(c) He likes her too,
(d) He is happy to see her speechless.
9. How old is Emily when she begins her new life?
10. What does Mr. Web say when he first comes home from work in the third act?
(a) He misses Emily.
(b) He is tired.
(c) It is Emily's birthday.
(d) He feels that his life is being lived for him.
11. According to the stage manager, what almost always accompanies youth and love?
12. Who does the stage manager say has fully enjoyed life while living it?
(a) Everyone in their own way.
(b) A few gifted individuals.
(d) Some saints and some poets.
13. How did Emily die?
(a) Child birth.
(b) Car accident.
14. What is so conspicuous about one of the chairs in the first row in the first scene of Act 3?
(a) It is a different color than the others.
(b) There is a small child in it.
(c) It is empty.
(d) There is a spotlight on it.
15. What is the last thing the stage manager says in Act 2?
(b) I now pronounce you man and wife.
(c) This is the end of the act.
(d) And they lived happily ever after.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stage manager tell the audience to do at the end of the play?
2. What does the stage manager say we all know at the beginning of Act 3?
3. What does George say he does not want to do just before he gets married?
4. Which of the following characters does NOT take a seat in one of the chairs in the first scene of Act 3?
5. Who enters the stage just after Mrs. Webb is done speaking at the wedding?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)