|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does George realize when he is talking to Emily after the student council elections?
(a) She is blushing.
(b) She is mad at him.
(c) She is staring at him.
(d) She is scared of him.
2. What does Emily worry about as she drinks her soda with George?
(a) She doesn't know what to say.
(b) She likes George.
(c) It was too expensive.
(d) She is late getting home.
3. Who speaks the most during the wedding?
(b) Mrs. Soames.
(c) The stage manager.
(d) Mrs. Webb.
4. What does George say he does not want to do just before he gets married?
(a) Make his love live in poverty.
(b) Grow old.
(c) Get married.
(d) Go to school
5. What does George say when Emily tells him what she is worried about while drinking sodas with him?
(a) He will walk her home.
(b) It is worth it.
(c) He likes her too,
(d) He is happy to see her speechless.
6. What is one of the main differences in town between the second and third acts?
(a) The town is bigger.
(b) More people drive cars.
(c) The war has begun.
(d) Many people died.
7. What does the stage manager say during a pause in the wedding?
(a) Love is a beautiful thing.
(b) Emily was wise to fear this wedding.
(c) The patterns of life repeat themselves.
(d) One of these young people will die soon.
8. According to the stage manager, what almost always accompanies youth and love?
9. What two terms do the dead use to describe life?
(a) Carefree and simple.
(b) Awful and wonderful.
(c) Mundane and hectic.
(d) Loving and hateful.
10. What does the stage manager say everyone in town is doing at the end of the play?
11. What does the stage manager say we all know at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) That everyone dies.
(b) That life is short.
(c) That something is eternal.
(d) That life is worth living.
12. What office in the student council did George hold?
(b) Vice President.
13. What does George tell Emily is so hard for a fella' as he talks to her after the student council elections?
(a) Denying pretty girls.
(b) Avoiding conceit.
(c) Allowing faults to creep into his character.
(d) Hiding his feelings.
14. What does the stage manager say IS eternal?
15. Who does the stage manager introduce at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Some of the audience members.
(b) The new people in town.
(c) The children of Emily and George.
(d) The people in the cemetary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George do when he enters the cemetery alone?
2. What is removed from the stage during George and Emily's wedding?
3. What does Simon Stimson say to Emily when she re-joins the group at the cemetery?
4. Who does the stage manager say has fully enjoyed life while living it?
5. What does Mrs. Webb say is cruel while at the wedding?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)