|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does George answer the stage manager's question to Emily after the Student Council elections?
(a) She was scared of a runaway horse.
(b) They are dating.
(c) She won by a landslide.
(d) She was at the elections.
2. Who is to be buried at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Mrs. Gibbs.
(d) Simon Stimwell.
3. Where did George and Emily go after they were elected to their offices in the student council?
(a) Emily's house.
(b) The school library.
(c) George's house.
(d) A soda shop.
4. Why does George decide to not go to college after all?
(a) He wants to pursue his baseball career.
(b) He is afraid to leave his mother alone.
(c) He and Emily realize they are meant to be together.
(d) He does not get good enough grades.
5. What is the last thing the stage manager says in Act 2?
(a) And they lived happily ever after.
(b) I now pronounce you man and wife.
(c) This is the end of the act.
6. What does the stage manager say IS eternal?
7. What is the setting of the first scene in Act 3?
(a) A graveyard.
(b) A school.
(c) A town square.
(d) A church.
8. What does the stage manager say everyone in town is doing at the end of the play?
9. What does the stage manager say is the ancient tradition Emily and George are embarking on when they get married?
(a) Announcing to the world their monogamy.
(b) Living two by two.
(c) Forsaking ones parents.
(d) Sacrificing comfort for the greater good.
10. What does Emily say just before she gets married?
(a) She refuses to live far from her father.
(b) She would rather things remain the way they are.
(c) She hates George and wishes she were dead.
(d) She loves George.
11. How did Wally die?
(c) Car accident.
(d) War wound.
12. What does Simon Stimson say to Emily when she re-joins the group at the cemetery?
(a) Some lives are not worth living.
(b) Life was too good for him.
(c) The living are cruel and ignorant.
(d) She is a fool.
13. What does Dr. Gibbs put on Emily's grave?
(a) A picture.
(b) Her wedding dress.
(d) A bottle of wine.
14. What does George tell his mother he and Emily will do just before he is married?
(a) Attend the same college.
(b) Move to the country.
(c) Eat dinner at her house every Thursday.
(d) Always live close to her.
15. What does Emily decide to do shortly after her death?
(a) Guard George from harm.
(b) Re-live her life.
(c) Move forward with her existence.
(d) Write about her experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George ask Emily to do while he is at college?
2. What does the stage manager say we all know at the beginning of Act 3?
3. Who does the stage manager say are witnesses to the marriage between George and Emily?
4. Who sits by Mrs. Webb at the wedding?
5. What is so conspicuous about one of the chairs in the first row in the first scene of Act 3?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)