|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two terms do the dead use to describe life?
(a) Mundane and hectic.
(b) Loving and hateful.
(c) Awful and wonderful.
(d) Carefree and simple.
2. Who speaks the most during the wedding?
(b) The stage manager.
(c) Mrs. Soames.
(d) Mrs. Webb.
3. What does Emily decide to do shortly after her death?
(a) Write about her experience.
(b) Re-live her life.
(c) Guard George from harm.
(d) Move forward with her existence.
4. What does the stage manager tell the audience to do at the end of the play?
(a) Go home and rest.
(b) Learn something.
(c) Cherish those around them.
(d) Live life to the fullest.
5. What does Simon Stimson say to Emily when she re-joins the group at the cemetery?
(a) Some lives are not worth living.
(b) She is a fool.
(c) The living are cruel and ignorant.
(d) Life was too good for him.
6. What does the stage manager say we all know at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) That everyone dies.
(b) That life is worth living.
(c) That life is short.
(d) That something is eternal.
7. Who is to be buried at the beginning of Act 3?
(b) Simon Stimwell.
(c) Mrs. Gibbs.
8. What office in the student council did George hold?
(d) Vice President.
9. What office in the student council did Emily hold?
(b) Vice President.
10. What is the second real character that the stage manager plays?
(a) The decorator.
(b) The minister.
(c) The ring bearer.
(d) The mailman.
11. What does Mrs. Webb say she wants to do before her daughter gets married, but does not think she will have the chance to do?
(a) Speak to George.
(b) Kiss her daughter.
(c) Talk to her daughter.
(d) Thank all the guests.
12. Why does George decide to not go to college after all?
(a) He does not get good enough grades.
(b) He wants to pursue his baseball career.
(c) He is afraid to leave his mother alone.
(d) He and Emily realize they are meant to be together.
13. Why does Mrs. Webb say she is crying at the wedding?
(a) She does not think this will last.
(b) She is worried.
(c) She doesn't know.
(d) She feels it all went too fast.
14. What is removed from the stage during George and Emily's wedding?
(a) The curtain.
(b) The school.
(c) The house settings.
(d) Most of the cast.
15. How did Simon Stimwell die?
(a) War wound.
(d) Car accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emily think George is so conceited?
2. Who sits by Mrs. Webb at the wedding?
3. How does George answer the stage manager's question to Emily after the Student Council elections?
4. Who does Mrs. Webb say cried earlier in the day at the wedding?
5. Who does the stage manager say are witnesses to the marriage between George and Emily?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)