|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mrs. Gibbs's relatives say about her gravestone?
(a) It is too fancy.
(b) It suits her perfectly.
(c) The saying is not appropriate for her.
(d) It is much simpler than she would have liked.
2. What does George ask Emily to do while he is at college?
(a) Write him letters.
(b) Call him on the phone.
(c) Visit his mom.
(d) Not date other guys.
3. What kind of college is George going to?
4. What does George do when he enters the cemetery alone?
(a) Places flowers on Emily's grave.
(b) Speaks with his mother about how sad he is.
(c) Begs Emily to come back to him.
(d) Lays face down on Emily's grave.
5. Why does George decide to not go to college after all?
(a) He does not get good enough grades.
(b) He wants to pursue his baseball career.
(c) He and Emily realize they are meant to be together.
(d) He is afraid to leave his mother alone.
6. What does the stage manager tell Emily and George to show the audience at the beginning of the fifth scene?
(a) Their first date.
(b) Their first kiss.
(c) The moment they told their parents they were in love.
(d) The moment they fell in love.
7. Who sits by Mrs. Webb at the wedding?
(a) Mrs. Soames.
(b) Mr. Webb.
(c) Mrs. Gibbs.
(d) Simon Stimwell.
8. Why does Emily say what she thinks about just before she gets married?
(a) How handsome George is.
(b) She is scared.
(c) Her father crying.
(d) She feels that things are good the way they are.
9. What is one of the main differences in town between the second and third acts?
(a) The town is bigger.
(b) The war has begun.
(c) More people drive cars.
(d) Many people died.
10. What does the stage manager say is replacing automobiles while he chats with George and Emily?
11. Why does Emily choose to not re-live her life?
(a) She was too eager to move on.
(b) She knows too much.
(c) It was too painful.
(d) No one around her cherishes life the way they should.
12. What does George realize when he is talking to Emily after the student council elections?
(a) She is mad at him.
(b) She is staring at him.
(c) She is scared of him.
(d) She is blushing.
13. What is the setting of the first scene in Act 3?
(a) A town square.
(b) A church.
(c) A school.
(d) A graveyard.
14. What does Emily tell George is the only thing she really wants?
(a) To have children.
(b) To be loved.
(c) To be happy.
(d) To feel safe.
15. What is the first actual character that the stage manager plays?
(a) Mr. Miller.
(b) Mr. Millet.
(c) Mr. Morgan.
(d) Mr. Mulligan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the guests at George and Emily's wedding sit on?
2. What does Mrs. Webb give Emily when she first begins her new life?
3. What does George say when Emily tells him what she is worried about while drinking sodas with him?
4. What does the stage manager say the dead are doing?
5. Who enters the stage just after Mrs. Webb is done speaking at the wedding?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)