|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the stage manager tell the audience to do at the end of the play?
(a) Cherish those around them.
(b) Live life to the fullest.
(c) Go home and rest.
(d) Learn something.
2. What does George say when Emily tells him what she is worried about while drinking sodas with him?
(a) It is worth it.
(b) He will walk her home.
(c) He is happy to see her speechless.
(d) He likes her too,
3. What is one of the main differences in town between the second and third acts?
(a) The war has begun.
(b) More people drive cars.
(c) Many people died.
(d) The town is bigger.
4. What does Mrs. Webb say she wants to do before her daughter gets married, but does not think she will have the chance to do?
(a) Kiss her daughter.
(b) Talk to her daughter.
(c) Speak to George.
(d) Thank all the guests.
5. What does George say that he is celebrating with Emily?
(a) Having a real conversation.
(b) Changing the school together.
(c) The election and their friendship.
(d) Winning his last baseball game.
6. Who speaks the most during the wedding?
(b) Mrs. Webb.
(c) Mrs. Soames.
(d) The stage manager.
7. How did Wally die?
(a) War wound.
(b) Car accident.
8. What does the stage manager do after George enters the cemetery?
(a) Leads him away from the cemetary.
(b) Holds him.
(c) Cries with George.
(d) Draws the curtain over the scene.
9. Which of the following does the stage manager say is NOT eternal?
(c) The stars.
10. What is George's natural feeling about women?
(a) They are kinder than men.
(b) They are naturally more good than men.
(c) They are too quick to trust.
(d) They need to be protected.
11. What does Emily tell George is the only thing she really wants?
(a) To have children.
(b) To feel safe.
(c) To be loved.
(d) To be happy.
12. What does Emily worry about as she drinks her soda with George?
(a) She doesn't know what to say.
(b) She is late getting home.
(c) She likes George.
(d) It was too expensive.
13. What does Emily say just before she gets married?
(a) She hates George and wishes she were dead.
(b) She refuses to live far from her father.
(c) She would rather things remain the way they are.
(d) She loves George.
14. How does the stage manager describe the weddings in this town?
(a) Sweet and sentimental.
(b) Plain and short.
(c) Joyous and rowdy.
(d) Long and tedius.
15. What does the stage manager say we all know at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) That life is short.
(b) That something is eternal.
(c) That life is worth living.
(d) That everyone dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of the first scene in Act 3?
2. What does Emily demand of George just before they get married?
3. What does George tell Emily is so hard for a fella' as he talks to her after the student council elections?
4. What is removed from the stage during George and Emily's wedding?
5. What does George say he does not want to do just before he gets married?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)