|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is removed from the stage during George and Emily's wedding?
(a) The curtain.
(b) The school.
(c) Most of the cast.
(d) The house settings.
2. What is the name of the town in this play?
(a) Glenndale Crest.
(b) Grover's Corners.
(c) Grenwhich Village.
(d) Green Meadow Vista.
3. How did Emily die?
(b) Child birth.
(d) Car accident.
4. What does Emily say about the Earth?
(a) It is too wonderful for anyone to realize.
(b) It will always be her home.
(c) It is more dear than she ever could have imagined.
(d) It is awful and wonderful.
5. What office in the student council did Emily hold?
(b) Vice President.
6. What does Emily not like about the cemetery?
(a) Not being able to communicate with the living.
(b) Watching her loved ones grieve for her.
(c) The dreary feeling there.
(d) Being new there.
7. How old is Emily when she begins her new life?
8. What does Mrs. Webb say she wants to do before her daughter gets married, but does not think she will have the chance to do?
(a) Speak to George.
(b) Talk to her daughter.
(c) Thank all the guests.
(d) Kiss her daughter.
9. Who speaks the most during the wedding?
(a) Mrs. Soames.
(b) Mrs. Webb.
(c) The stage manager.
10. Who does the stage manager say are witnesses to the marriage between George and Emily?
(a) The audience.
(b) The world.
(c) The town.
(d) God and angels.
11. Who sits by Mrs. Webb at the wedding?
(a) Simon Stimwell.
(b) Mr. Webb.
(c) Mrs. Gibbs.
(d) Mrs. Soames.
12. What does Mr. Web say when he first comes home from work in the third act?
(a) He is tired.
(b) It is Emily's birthday.
(c) He feels that his life is being lived for him.
(d) He misses Emily.
13. What is the first actual character that the stage manager plays?
(a) Mr. Millet.
(b) Mr. Mulligan.
(c) Mr. Miller.
(d) Mr. Morgan.
14. What does George do after being teased on his wedding day?
(a) Runs out of the church.
(b) Punches someone.
(c) Remains calm.
15. What kind of college is George going to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily tell George she is not sorry for as they talk after the student council elections?
2. What is Emily's natural feeling about men?
3. What does George realize when he is talking to Emily after the student council elections?
4. What does George tell Emily is so hard for a fella' as he talks to her after the student council elections?
5. What do Emily and Mrs. Gibbs say about the living when George enters the cemetery?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)