|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town in this play?
(a) Glenndale Crest.
(b) Grover's Corners.
(c) Green Meadow Vista.
(d) Grenwhich Village.
2. What does Emily NOT say goodbye to when she chooses to not re-live her life?
(a) Her life.
(b) The Earth.
(c) Her memories.
3. What is so conspicuous about one of the chairs in the first row in the first scene of Act 3?
(a) There is a small child in it.
(b) It is empty.
(c) It is a different color than the others.
(d) There is a spotlight on it.
4. What does George do when he enters the cemetery alone?
(a) Begs Emily to come back to him.
(b) Lays face down on Emily's grave.
(c) Speaks with his mother about how sad he is.
(d) Places flowers on Emily's grave.
5. According to the stage manager, what almost always accompanies youth and love?
6. Who sits by Mrs. Webb at the wedding?
(a) Mrs. Gibbs.
(b) Simon Stimwell.
(c) Mrs. Soames.
(d) Mr. Webb.
7. Who is teasing George on his wedding day?
(b) Some baseball buddies.
(c) His father.
(d) The stage manager.
8. Which of the following characters does NOT take a seat in one of the chairs in the first scene of Act 3?
(a) Mrs. Gibbs.
(b) Mrs. Soames.
(c) Mr. Webb.
(d) Simon Stimwell.
9. What does the stage manager say is replacing automobiles while he chats with George and Emily?
10. What office in the student council did Emily hold?
(c) Vice President.
11. How does George answer the stage manager's question to Emily after the Student Council elections?
(a) She was scared of a runaway horse.
(b) She was at the elections.
(c) She won by a landslide.
(d) They are dating.
12. What does the stage manager say the dead are doing?
13. What does the stage manager do after George enters the cemetery?
(a) Draws the curtain over the scene.
(b) Leads him away from the cemetary.
(c) Holds him.
(d) Cries with George.
14. Why does Emily think George is so conceited?
(a) He is extremely good at baseball.
(b) He dates too many girls.
(c) He is handsome.
(d) He was just elected to a student council office.
15. What does the stage manager say during a pause in the wedding?
(a) Love is a beautiful thing.
(b) The patterns of life repeat themselves.
(c) One of these young people will die soon.
(d) Emily was wise to fear this wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily say about the Earth?
2. What is removed from the stage during George and Emily's wedding?
3. What does George say he does not want to do just before he gets married?
4. What kind of college is George going to?
5. How did Wally die?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)