|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emily ask Mrs. Webb when she sees her mother after talking with Mr. Webb?
(a) If she is well-liked.
(b) If she seems happy.
(c) If she is smart.
(d) If she is pretty.
2. Who does the stage manager introduce at the beginning of the second scene of the play?
(a) A university professor.
(b) A famous doctor.
(c) Another narrator.
(d) A geologist.
3. What does Dr. Gibbs say they must do to help Simon Stimson?
(a) Have compassion.
(b) Hold an intervention.
(c) Leave him alone.
(d) Visit him often.
4. What personal detail about Simon Stimson do we learn from the stage manager?
(a) He will die in a few days.
(b) He is having an affair.
(c) He is an atheist.
(d) He has a drinking problem.
5. How does Mrs. Gibbs want to use the extra money she has coming in?
(a) Go to Paris with her husband.
(b) Send her daughter to college.
(c) Let her husband retire.
(d) Paint her house.
6. What does Mrs. Gibbs try to do as she enters her house after talking to her husband in the yard?
(a) Lock her door.
(b) Feed the chickens.
(c) Wave to her neighbor.
(d) Check the mail.
7. What time of day does this play begin?
(b) Just before sunrise.
8. What does Mr. Gibbs tease his wife about when he first appears on stage in the second act?
(a) Putting on a wedding.
(c) Gaining weight.
(d) Losing a child.
9. Where is Joe killed?
(a) In a car accident.
(b) In the war.
(c) In a strange city of a strange disease.
(d) In a street brawl.
10. Where was Emily just before she came on stage in the second scene?
(a) At school.
(b) At home.
(c) At the store.
(d) Taking a leisurely walk.
11. Who tells Mr. Webb what George wants to be when he grown up?
(b) The stage manager.
(d) Mrs. Webb.
12. What does Mrs. Gibbs invite her husband to do after his gentle rebuke to her in the yard?
(a) Go on a walk.
(b) Smell her roses.
(c) Take a drive.
(d) Eat some dinner.
13. What does George want to be when he grows up?
(a) A newspaper editor.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A doctor.
14. What does Mr. Gibbs say is something only done in big cities?
(a) Spreading gossip.
(b) Working too long.
(c) Locking doors.
(d) Encouraging a college education.
15. What does Mr. Webb talk about when he is first introduced by the stage manager?
(a) The town's social and political life.
(b) The many hardships the town has faced.
(c) The businesses in the town.
(d) The economic situation of the town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mrs.Gibbs while Mr Gibbs is talking to George after school?
2. What is Emily doing when she asks her mother her very important question?
3. Why is Mrs. Gibbs so worried about her husband?
4. What does Emily say is keeping her from sleeping when her father comes home from work?
5. What good news does Dr. Gibbs give his wife when they enter their house during the third scene?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)