|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks questions of Mr. Webb when he has finished his introduction of the town?
(a) Actors planted in the audience.
(b) The stage manager.
(c) Audience members.
(d) Mr. Webb's children.
2. What does Mr. Webb talk to George about when Mrs. Webb runs out of her kitchen?
(d) The war.
3. What does Mrs. Gibbs worry will happen to George?
(a) He will not keep in touch with her.
(b) He will not have enough money.
(c) He will forget her.
(d) He won't be cared for.
4. What does George talk about after his parents go to bed?
(a) The stars.
(b) His goals.
(c) His love for Emily.
(d) The beauty of the moon.
5. What does Mr. Gibbs tease his wife about when he first appears on stage in the second act?
(b) Losing a child.
(c) Gaining weight.
(d) Putting on a wedding.
6. Who does the stage manager introduce at the beginning of the second scene of the play?
(a) A geologist.
(b) Another narrator.
(c) A famous doctor.
(d) A university professor.
7. What does Mr. Webb say a groom should never do?
(a) Wear white socks with a black tuxedo.
(b) See the bride before the wedding.
(c) Speak with his father-in-law on the day of his wedding.
(d) Eat a full breakfast on the day of his wedding.
8. Where is Joe killed?
(a) In a street brawl.
(b) In the war.
(c) In a car accident.
(d) In a strange city of a strange disease.
9. Who does Mr. Webb see on his way home the night of the first day?
(b) The stage manager.
(c) Dr. Gibbs.
10. What does Mr. Gibbs say is something only done in big cities?
(a) Spreading gossip.
(b) Locking doors.
(c) Encouraging a college education.
(d) Working too long.
11. How much time passed between the first act and the second act?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three years.
12. What was so upsetting to Mrs. Gibbs about Simon earlier in the day when she is talking to Mrs. Webb?
(a) He was angry.
(b) He was drunk.
(c) He seemed sad.
(d) He swore in front of her.
13. What does Dr. Gibbs say they must do to help Simon Stimson?
(a) Leave him alone.
(b) Have compassion.
(c) Visit him often.
(d) Hold an intervention.
14. Who helps George with his homework?
(b) Mrs. Gibbs.
(c) Mr. Webb.
(d) Mrs. Webb.
15. At the beginning of the play what does Mrs. Webb do when she first comes out of her house?
(a) Feeds her chickens.
(b) Hangs some laundry.
(c) Checks her mailbox.
(d) Strings some beans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which state is this play set in?
2. What advice does Mr. Webb give George as they talk in his kitchen?
3. What does Mr. Webb add to the advice he gives George as they talk in the Webb's kitchen?
4. Who is the first character to speak in the second act?
5. What does Mr. Webb talk about when he is first introduced by the stage manager?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)