Short Essay Questions Key
1. Who is the first character to speak in this play?
The stage manager is the first character to speak in this play.
2. Where does Mrs. Gibbs die, and what is she doing there?
Mrs. Gibbs dies out West while visiting her daughter.
3. How do Mrs. Gibbs and Mrs. Webb know each other?
Mrs. Gibbs and Mrs. Webb have been neighbors for years.
4. Where has Dr. Gibbs been when he first appears on stage?
Dr. Gibbs has been helping a woman give birth to twins when he first appears on stage.
5. What is Mrs. Gibbs main complaint about her son at the beginning of the play?
Mrs. Gibbs is frustrated that George does not do his fair share of chores.
6. How does Mrs. Gibbs come across $350?
Mrs. Gibbs sells a piece of antique furniture for $350.
7. What does Mrs. Gibbs want to do with her newly found $350?
Mrs. Gibbs wants to go on a vacation to Paris with her $350.
This section contains 1,686 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)