|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who talks with George after his parents go to bed?
2. What does Emily demand of George just before they get married?
(a) That he be a good father.
(b) That he buy her a house.
(c) That he allow her to live near her family.
(d) That he love her forever.
3. What does the stage manager make special mention of just before he begins a narrative of the town?
(a) The moon.
(b) The sun.
(c) The morning star.
(d) The north star.
4. What does Mrs. Gibbs try to do as she enters her house after talking to her husband in the yard?
(a) Wave to her neighbor.
(b) Feed the chickens.
(c) Lock her door.
(d) Check the mail.
5. What do Mrs. Gibbs's relatives say about her gravestone?
(a) The saying is not appropriate for her.
(b) It is too fancy.
(c) It suits her perfectly.
(d) It is much simpler than she would have liked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily beg her mother to do at the end of the play?
2. Why does Mrs. Webb panic when she sees George?
3. What is the first thing Emily realizes about her mother when she sees her in her new life?
4. Why does Emily say what she thinks about just before she gets married?
5. What does the stage manager do after George enters the cemetery?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)