|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Gibbs tease his wife about when he first appears on stage in the second act?
(b) Gaining weight.
(c) Losing a child.
(d) Putting on a wedding.
2. What does Mrs. Gibbs chide George for when he first appears on stage?
(a) Sleeping in.
(b) Talking back to her.
(c) Forgetting his homework.
(d) Spending his allowance too frivolously.
3. What does the stage manager say everyone in town is doing at the end of the play?
4. What does the stage manager say the dead are doing?
5. What is Mrs. Soames known in the town for?
(a) Her sickness.
(b) Her intelligence.
(c) Her manners.
(d) Her gossip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stage manager say we do not know about ancient Rome and Greece?
2. At the beginning of the play, what is Mrs. Gibbs doing just as her husband comes home?
3. What does Rebecca talk about before she goes to bed?
4. What does Mrs. Webb give Emily when she first begins her new life?
5. What does Emily say just before she gets married?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)