|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Gibbs put on Emily's grave?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) Her wedding dress.
(d) A picture.
2. Who does the stage manager say are witnesses to the marriage between George and Emily?
(a) The world.
(b) The town.
(c) God and angels.
(d) The audience.
3. What is so surprising to Rebecca about the mailman?
(a) He never fails to deliver the mail.
(b) He delivered a letter with an extensive address to her friend.
(c) He loves his job.
(d) He is handsome.
4. What is the setting of the first scene in Act 3?
(a) A school.
(b) A graveyard.
(c) A church.
(d) A town square.
5. Where did George and Emily go after they were elected to their offices in the student council?
(a) A soda shop.
(b) The school library.
(c) Emily's house.
(d) George's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Gibbs try to do as she enters her house after talking to her husband in the yard?
2. Which of the following does the stage manager say is NOT eternal?
3. What is Mrs. Soames known in the town for?
4. What does Mr. Webb do when he sees his daughter Emily on stage in the second scene?
5. Why does Mrs. Webb say she is crying at the wedding?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)