|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Mr. Webb give George as they talk in his kitchen?
(a) Keep your eye on the ball.
(b) Make sure your wife knows you are the boss.
(c) Never procrastinate.
(d) Always strike first.
2. What does Dr. Gibbs say they must do to help Simon Stimson?
(a) Visit him often.
(b) Have compassion.
(c) Hold an intervention.
(d) Leave him alone.
3. What does Mrs. Gibbs try to do as she enters her house after talking to her husband in the yard?
(a) Feed the chickens.
(b) Check the mail.
(c) Wave to her neighbor.
(d) Lock her door.
4. At the beginning of the play what does Mrs. Webb do when she first comes out of her house?
(a) Hangs some laundry.
(b) Strings some beans.
(c) Feeds her chickens.
(d) Checks her mailbox.
5. What is Joe's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the stage manager say are witnesses to the marriage between George and Emily?
2. What does the stage manager make special mention of just before he begins a narrative of the town?
3. What does Mr. Gibbs tease his wife about when he first appears on stage in the second act?
4. Who does the stage manager introduce at the beginning of Act 3?
5. What does Mr. Webb talk to George about when Mrs. Webb runs out of her kitchen?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)