|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Webb say is cruel while at the wedding?
(a) Sending young girls into marriage unprepared.
(b) Forcing a mother to plan a wedding on such short notice.
(c) Not allowing a mother to help her daughter get dressed on her wedding day.
(d) Stealing a mother's daughter so soon after graduation.
2. What does Mr. Webb congratulate Emily on when they talk during the second scene?
(a) Her beauty beginning to bloom.
(b) A fine speech she gave in class.
(c) A fine performance at a dance recital.
(d) A good grade on a hard test.
3. Who tells Mr. Webb what George wants to be when he grown up?
(c) Mrs. Webb.
(d) The stage manager.
4. What does Mrs. Gibbs chide George for when he first appears on stage?
(a) Spending his allowance too frivolously.
(b) Sleeping in.
(c) Forgetting his homework.
(d) Talking back to her.
5. What does the stage manager say is replacing automobiles while he chats with George and Emily?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the town having a discussion about after Emily and her mother stop talking?
2. At the beginning of the play, what does Mrs. Gibbs do when she first comes out of her house?
3. When did Mrs. Gibbs first meet her husband?
4. Where is Mrs.Gibbs while Mr Gibbs is talking to George after school?
5. What does George tell his mother he and Emily will do just before he is married?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)