|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Gibbs chide George for when he first appears on stage?
(a) Forgetting his homework.
(b) Talking back to her.
(c) Spending his allowance too frivolously.
(d) Sleeping in.
2. Where is Mrs.Gibbs while Mr Gibbs is talking to George after school?
(a) The garden.
(b) The market.
(c) Choir practice.
(d) On a walk.
3. How many other people are talking to Howie at the beginning of the second act?
4. Who talks with George after his parents go to bed?
5. Why does Emily say what she thinks about just before she gets married?
(a) Her father crying.
(b) She feels that things are good the way they are.
(c) She is scared.
(d) How handsome George is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last thing the stage manager says in Act 2?
2. What does Mr. Webb say of the people of the town that could be considered an insult?
3. Which state is this play set in?
4. What does George say that he is celebrating with Emily?
5. What does Emily tell George is the only thing she really wants?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)