|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Gibbs talk to George about when he sees him after school?
(a) His bad grades.
(b) Neglecting his chores.
(c) Disrespecting his mother.
(d) Spending too much time with Emily.
2. What does the stage manager plan to put into the time capsule?
(a) Emily's journal.
(b) A picture of the townspeople.
(c) A drop of his blood.
(d) This play.
3. What does George plan to do when he leaves his mother's house?
(a) Go to war.
(b) Become a writer.
(c) Raise chickens.
(d) Play baseball.
4. What does Mrs. Gibbs worry will happen to George?
(a) He will not have enough money.
(b) He won't be cared for.
(c) He will forget her.
(d) He will not keep in touch with her.
5. Why does Emily say what she thinks about just before she gets married?
(a) She feels that things are good the way they are.
(b) Her father crying.
(c) She is scared.
(d) How handsome George is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Webb add to the advice he gives George as they talk in the Webb's kitchen?
2. Where does Mrs. Gibbs die?
3. What does Mr. Webb tell his daughter to do when he gets home from work?
4. At the beginning of the play what does Mrs. Webb do when she first comes out of her house?
5. What does Dr. Gibbs tell his wife he will not do while they chat in the yard together?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)