|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who talks with George after his parents go to bed?
2. What does Mrs. Gibbs ask her husband to talk to George about at the beginning of the play?
(a) Not eating his dinner.
(b) Getting poor grades in school.
(c) Being disrespectful to his mother.
(d) Not doing his share of chores.
3. Who helps George with his homework?
(a) Mrs. Gibbs.
(b) Mr. Webb.
(c) Mrs. Webb.
4. How much time passed between the first act and the second act?
(a) Three years.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three days.
5. Which of these does the stage manager NOT mention as having happened in the space between acts?
(a) Children learned to walk.
(b) Wars were waged.
(c) Couples got married.
(d) Mountains eroded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Webb see on his way home the night of the first day?
2. What does Mrs. Gibbs try to do as she enters her house after talking to her husband in the yard?
3. What does Mr. Webb add to the advice he gives George as they talk in the Webb's kitchen?
4. What does Mr. Webb do for the person he sees on his way home from work on the first day of the play?
5. What does Mrs. Gibbs serve for breakfast on the first morning of the second act?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)