|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Gibbs ask her husband to talk to George about at the beginning of the play?
(a) Not doing his share of chores.
(b) Not eating his dinner.
(c) Being disrespectful to his mother.
(d) Getting poor grades in school.
2. What does Mrs. Webb chide Emily for when she first appears on stage?
(a) Teasing her younger siblings.
(b) Studying while she eats.
(c) Staying up too late at night.
(d) Being too slow to get up.
3. Who talks with George after his parents go to bed?
4. What does the stage manager make special mention of just before he begins a narrative of the town?
(a) The moon.
(b) The morning star.
(c) The north star.
(d) The sun.
5. What does Emily ask Mrs. Webb when she sees her mother after talking with Mr. Webb?
(a) If she is pretty.
(b) If she seems happy.
(c) If she is well-liked.
(d) If she is smart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Webb do for the person he sees on his way home from work on the first day of the play?
2. What does Joe do when he leaves town?
3. Where were Mrs. Webb and Mrs. Gibbs before the third scene?
4. What is a special talent that George has?
5. Who does Mr. Webb see on his way home the night of the first day?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)