|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the stage manager do before Mrs. Webb and Mrs. Gibbs leave the stage after the first scene?
(a) Pulls them away from each other.
(b) Begins to close the curtain.
(c) Shushes them.
(d) Thanks them.
2. Where are Mrs. Webb and Mrs. Gibbs heading at the beginning of the third scene?
(b) Choir practice.
(c) The market.
(d) The school.
3. What does Joe do when he leaves town?
(a) Works at a big city newspaper.
(b) Goes to college.
(c) Joins the Navy.
(d) Marries his sweetheart.
4. What does Mrs. Gibbs worry will happen to George?
(a) He will forget her.
(b) He will not have enough money.
(c) He will not keep in touch with her.
(d) He won't be cared for.
5. What does the stage manager tell the audience when he first appears in the third scene?
(a) Someone is about to die.
(b) The town is going to bed.
(c) There is deep unrest in the city even if it looks peaceful.
(d) The Webb family is fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so surprising to Rebecca about the mailman?
2. Which state is this play set in?
3. What does Mr. Webb talk about when he is first introduced by the stage manager?
4. What is Mrs. Soames known in the town for?
5. What does Mrs. Gibbs try to do as she enters her house after talking to her husband in the yard?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)