|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the stage manager call the first act?
(a) Life and Death.
(b) Love and Marriage.
(c) Enduring Happiness.
(d) Daily Life.
2. What does Mrs. Webb chide Emily for when she first appears on stage?
(a) Teasing her younger siblings.
(b) Being too slow to get up.
(c) Staying up too late at night.
(d) Studying while she eats.
3. What does the stage manager tell the audience when he first appears in the third scene?
(a) Someone is about to die.
(b) There is deep unrest in the city even if it looks peaceful.
(c) The town is going to bed.
(d) The Webb family is fighting.
4. What is Mrs. Soames known in the town for?
(a) Her intelligence.
(b) Her sickness.
(c) Her gossip.
(d) Her manners.
5. Who gives the introduction to the play?
(a) An assembly of cast members.
(b) The narrator.
(c) The stage manager.
(d) The director.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Gibbs say they must do to help Simon Stimson?
2. Who asks Emily and her mother to leave during their discussion in the second scene?
3. Who helps George with his homework?
4. At the beginning of the play what does Mrs. Webb do when she first comes out of her house?
5. What does Dr. Gibbs tell his wife he will not do while they chat in the yard together?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)