|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Joe's occupation?
2. What does George want to be when he grows up?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A newspaper editor.
3. What personal detail about Simon Stimson do we learn from the stage manager?
(a) He will die in a few days.
(b) He is having an affair.
(c) He has a drinking problem.
(d) He is an atheist.
4. Where was Emily just before she came on stage in the second scene?
(a) Taking a leisurely walk.
(b) At home.
(c) At the store.
(d) At school.
5. What does Mrs. Gibbs chide her husband for when he comes home at the beginning of the play?
(a) Not picking up the milk she needed from the store.
(b) Not getting enough rest.
(c) Coming home late again.
(d) Drinking too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Gibbs chide George for when he first appears on stage?
2. What does Emily ask Mrs. Webb when she sees her mother after talking with Mr. Webb?
3. Who does the stage manager introduce at the beginning of the second scene of the play?
4. What are the actors doing in lieu of having real props?
5. What is Emily doing when she asks her mother her very important question?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)