|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What triggers the appearance of the Webb family at the beginning of the book?
(a) A horn honking.
(b) An alarm clock.
(c) The factory whistle.
(d) The school bell.
2. Where was Emily just before she came on stage in the second scene?
(a) At home.
(b) At the store.
(c) Taking a leisurely walk.
(d) At school.
3. How does Mrs. Gibbs want to use the extra money she has coming in?
(a) Paint her house.
(b) Let her husband retire.
(c) Go to Paris with her husband.
(d) Send her daughter to college.
4. At the beginning of the play what does Mrs. Webb do when she first comes out of her house?
(a) Hangs some laundry.
(b) Strings some beans.
(c) Feeds her chickens.
(d) Checks her mailbox.
5. What does Mrs. Gibbs chide George for when he first appears on stage?
(a) Talking back to her.
(b) Forgetting his homework.
(c) Spending his allowance too frivolously.
(d) Sleeping in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stage manager say we do not know about ancient Rome and Greece?
2. What does Dr. Gibbs talk to George about when he sees him after school?
3. Why does Dr. Gibbs never leave his town?
4. What does George want to be when he grows up?
5. What does Dr. Gibbs give George when he has finished talking to him after school?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)