|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Webb's profession?
(a) Newspaper editor.
2. Where was Emily just before she came on stage in the second scene?
(a) At school.
(b) Taking a leisurely walk.
(c) At the store.
(d) At home.
3. At the beginning of the play, what does Dr. Gibbs say he has been up all night doing?
(a) Drinking at the local bar.
(b) Helping a woman give birth to twins.
(c) Attending to the wounds of two returned war veterans.
(d) Preparing a man for death.
4. What does the stage manager say is replacing automobiles while he chats with George and Emily?
5. Where does Mrs. Gibbs die?
(a) At a town party.
(b) On the train while traveling.
(c) Out west while visiting her daughter.
(d) At home in her bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Emily and her mother to leave during their discussion in the second scene?
2. What does Mrs. Webb say she wants to do before her daughter gets married, but does not think she will have the chance to do?
3. At the beginning of the play, what is Mrs. Gibbs doing just as her husband comes home?
4. Why does Mrs. Webb say she is crying at the wedding?
5. How did Wally die?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)