|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the town having a discussion about after Emily and her mother stop talking?
(a) What to do about the economy.
(b) Who to elect mayor.
(c) What to put in a time capsule.
(d) How to punish a criminal.
2. What does Emily do when she sees her father on stage in the second scene?
(a) Embraces him.
(b) Teases him.
(c) Asks him questions.
(d) Yells at him.
3. What does the stage manager tell the audience they may do at the end of the first act?
4. Who asks questions of Mr. Webb when he has finished his introduction of the town?
(a) Actors planted in the audience.
(b) Mr. Webb's children.
(c) The stage manager.
(d) Audience members.
5. What does Mrs. Gibbs ask her husband to talk to George about at the beginning of the play?
(a) Being disrespectful to his mother.
(b) Getting poor grades in school.
(c) Not doing his share of chores.
(d) Not eating his dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the play, what is Mrs. Gibbs doing just as her husband comes home?
2. What does the stage manager say we do not know about ancient Rome and Greece?
3. Where does Mrs. Gibbs die?
4. What does the stage manager plan to put into the time capsule?
5. What does the stage manager say was wasted in Joe's death?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)