|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Gibbs ask her husband to talk to George about at the beginning of the play?
(a) Being disrespectful to his mother.
(b) Not eating his dinner.
(c) Not doing his share of chores.
(d) Getting poor grades in school.
2. What time of day does this play begin?
(c) Just before sunrise.
3. What does Emily do when she sees her father on stage in the second scene?
(a) Embraces him.
(b) Teases him.
(c) Yells at him.
(d) Asks him questions.
4. What is Mrs. Soames known in the town for?
(a) Her manners.
(b) Her intelligence.
(c) Her sickness.
(d) Her gossip.
5. What interrupts Emily as she is doing her homework during the second scene?
(a) A train whistle.
(b) The school bell.
(c) A car horn honking.
(d) The church choir.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Webb see on his way home the night of the first day?
2. What does Mrs. Webb chide Emily for when she first appears on stage?
3. What does the stage manager make special mention of just before he begins a narrative of the town?
4. Why does Dr. Gibbs never leave his town?
5. What does the stage manager tell the audience when he first appears in the third scene?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)