|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Gibbs tell his wife he will not do while they chat in the yard together?
(a) Buy her an antique table.
(b) Charge more money.
(c) Take a vacation.
(d) Work less.
2. What was so upsetting to Mrs. Gibbs about Simon earlier in the day when she is talking to Mrs. Webb?
(a) He was drunk.
(b) He swore in front of her.
(c) He was angry.
(d) He seemed sad.
3. Where does Mrs. Gibbs die?
(a) At home in her bed.
(b) At a town party.
(c) On the train while traveling.
(d) Out west while visiting her daughter.
4. What does the stage manager say we do not know about ancient Rome and Greece?
(a) Their goals and aspirations.
(b) Their daily lives.
(c) Their belief systems.
(d) Their appearances.
5. What is Mrs. Soames known in the town for?
(a) Her sickness.
(b) Her gossip.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Her manners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily say is keeping her from sleeping when her father comes home from work?
2. What is Emily doing when she asks her mother her very important question?
3. What personal detail about Simon Stimson do we learn from the stage manager?
4. What does Mrs. Webb chide Emily for when she first appears on stage?
5. Who tells Mr. Webb what George wants to be when he grown up?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)