|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emily say is keeping her from sleeping when her father comes home from work?
(a) The worry she feels for Simon Stimwell.
(b) The sound of the distant trains.
(c) Concern for a test the next day.
(d) The light from the moon and the smell of Mrs. Gibbs flowers.
2. What does the stage manager tell the audience they may do at the end of the first act?
3. What does Dr. Gibb rebuke Mrs. Gibbs for when she returns at the beginning of the third scene?
(a) Being late.
(b) Eating too much.
(d) Spending too much money.
4. What does Joe do when he leaves town?
(a) Marries his sweetheart.
(b) Goes to college.
(c) Works at a big city newspaper.
(d) Joins the Navy.
5. At the beginning of the play what does Mrs. Webb do when she first comes out of her house?
(a) Strings some beans.
(b) Feeds her chickens.
(c) Hangs some laundry.
(d) Checks her mailbox.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the play, what is Mrs. Gibbs doing just as her husband comes home?
2. Which state is this play set in?
3. What is the town having a discussion about after Emily and her mother stop talking?
4. What does George talk about after his parents go to bed?
5. What is Mr. Webb's profession?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)