Act 1, Part 1
1. Who gives the introduction to the play?
(a) The narrator.
(b) The director.
(c) The stage manager.
(d) An assembly of cast members.
2. Which state is this play set in?
(a) New York.
(b) New Hampshire.
(c) North Carolina.
(d) New Mexico.
3. What time of day does this play begin?
(d) Just before sunrise.
4. Where does Mrs. Gibbs die?
(a) Out west while visiting her daughter.
(b) At a town party.
(c) At home in her bed.
(d) On the train while traveling.
5. What is Joe's occupation?
6. At the beginning of the play, what does Dr. Gibbs say he has been up all night doing?
(a) Attending to the wounds of two returned war veterans.
(b) Helping a woman give birth to twins.
(c) Drinking at the local bar.
(d) Preparing a man for death.
7. What does Joe do when he leaves town?
(a) Goes to college.
(b) Joins the Navy.
(c) Works at a big city newspaper.
(d) Marries his sweetheart.
This section contains 4,892 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)