1. Who gives the introduction to the play?
(a) The narrator.
(b) The director.
(c) An assembly of cast members.
(d) The stage manager.
2. Which state is this play set in?
(a) New York.
(b) New Hampshire.
(c) New Mexico.
(d) North Carolina.
3. What time of day does this play begin?
(b) Just before sunrise.
4. Where does Mrs. Gibbs die?
(a) On the train while traveling.
(b) At home in her bed.
(c) At a town party.
(d) Out west while visiting her daughter.
5. What is Joe's occupation?
6. At the beginning of the play, what does Dr. Gibbs say he has been up all night doing?
(a) Attending to the wounds of two returned war veterans.
(b) Helping a woman give birth to twins.
(c) Preparing a man for death.
(d) Drinking at the local bar.
7. What does Joe do when he leaves town?
(a) Goes to college.
(b) Works at a big city newspaper.
(c) Joins the Navy.
(d) Marries his sweetheart.
This section contains 4,892 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)