|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The man had saved Ourika from which terrible fate?
2. Who traveled with Charles and his brother?
(c) Mme d. B.
3. Charles' fiancee was very ____ toward Ourika.
4. Part of Ourika's illness was caused by the fact that she did not feel ______.
5. Ourika asked, "Does _____ bring happiness?"
Short Answer Questions
1. The intended bride's entire family was killed except for which of the following members?
2. What was the reaction of Mme de B.'s circle when they returned to see Ourika at their friend's side?
3. During this time Ourika felt ____.
4. Ourika wishes to be returned to Senegal because she felt it was better than this ____ society.
5. Mme is an abbreviation for which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Ourika feel about Charles' increased absences? What caused the delay of Charles and Anais' marriage?
2. How did Mme. de B. attempt to help Ourika? What was Ourika's solution to her troubles at this time?
3. As a result of the Revolution, Mme. de B. and Ourika were forced to leave their home and go into protective custody. Explain the situation.
4. What did Ourika dream about in regards to her future in society? Where did Ourika wish to go?
5. Charles received a suggestion from one of Mme. de B.'s friends. What was the suggestion? What was Charles' reaction?
6. How was Ourika affected by this new state of melancholy? What was Mme. de B.'s reaction to the change in Ourika?
7. How did Ourika perform a disservice even though she was rescued twice?
8. Ourika had a selfish thought about her state of affairs and about Charles' return from his honeymoon. What was the thought?
9. What was the only thing that allowed Ourika to be happy during this trying time?
10. Why is it said that Ourika was rescued twice from slavery? What happened to Ourika in regards to this issue?
This section contains 1,132 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)