|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During this time, Ourika was unable to do which of the following?
2. When did Mme de B. receive news about her property?
3. Ourika felt that Charles was just learning how to ____.
(a) See clearly.
(b) Grow up.
4. Ourika's first memories were of sitting in Mme's _____ room.
5. Who traveled with Charles and his brother?
(b) Mme d. B.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who became Ourika's constant companion?
2. Who was summoned to Mme de B.'s home?
3. The family went to stay at the home of an old priest, which was located in which town?
4. Which of the following was one of Ourika's main physical ailments?
5. At what time did Charles typically leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Ourika feel about Charles' increased absences? What caused the delay of Charles and Anais' marriage?
2. What incident caused Ourika's outlook to change dramatically? What happened to her demeanor?
3. Describe the change in the relationship between Charles at Ourika.
4. Why is it said that Ourika was rescued twice from slavery? What happened to Ourika in regards to this issue?
5. What were Ourika's thoughts about her future? How did those thoughts affect Mme. de B.? What were Ourika's thoughts about Charles when contemplating this new future?
6. How did Ourika's attitude change after Charles' marriage to Anais? What was Mme. de B.'s reaction?
7. What political issues arose soon after Charles' departure? What were Ourika's thoughts on these issues?
8. How was Ourika affected by this new state of melancholy? What was Mme. de B.'s reaction to the change in Ourika?
9. How was Ourika affected by this new state of melancholy? What was Mme. de B.'s reaction to the change in Ourika?
10. When did the Reign of Terror end? How did the situation change when the Reign of Terror ended?
This section contains 1,118 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)