|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charles' fiancee was very ____ toward Ourika.
2. Which famous person died around this time?
(a) Ivan the Terrible.
(c) Ghengis Khan.
(d) Louis XVI.
3. What items did Ourika remove from the house to deceive herself?
(a) Family memorabilia.
4. The family went to stay at the home of an old priest, which was located in which town?
(b) Saint Maarten.
5. Ourika wishes to be returned to Senegal because she felt it was better than this ____ society.
Short Answer Questions
1. During this time Ourika felt ____.
2. Who was summoned to Mme de B.'s home?
3. Ourika did not consider ____ to be a sin.
4. What was the man's name?
5. Which of the following had to be delayed due to a contract.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Charles' happiness affect Ourika in a negative way? What was her reaction?
2. Why is it said that Ourika was rescued twice from slavery? What happened to Ourika in regards to this issue?
3. What did the doctors say about Ourika's increased and prolonged melancholy? What did Charles and Mme. de B. do to help Ourika?
4. How was Ourika affected by this new state of melancholy? What was Mme. de B.'s reaction to the change in Ourika?
5. When did the Reign of Terror end? How did the situation change when the Reign of Terror ended?
6. How did Mme. de B. attempt to help Ourika? What was Ourika's solution to her troubles at this time?
7. What did Ourika dream about in regards to her future in society? Where did Ourika wish to go?
8. How did Ourika feel about Charles' increased absences? What caused the delay of Charles and Anais' marriage?
9. Charles received a suggestion from one of Mme. de B.'s friends. What was the suggestion? What was Charles' reaction?
10. Describe the change in the relationship between Charles at Ourika.
This section contains 1,144 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)