|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following had to be delayed due to a contract.
(c) Ourika's citizenship.
(d) New house.
2. Where was Ourika born?
3. Even as a small child Ourika was offended by ______.
(d) Bad taste.
4. Who was known for having two major enthusiasms?
(d) Mme de B.
5. Ourika refers to the Revolution as being ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. The family went to stay at the home of an old priest, which was located in which town?
2. Ourika did not consider ____ to be a sin.
3. Part of Ourika's illness was caused by the fact that she did not feel ______.
4. What is the intended bride's first name?
5. Ourika felt a great loss due to the absence of a ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Ourika had a selfish thought about her state of affairs and about Charles' return from his honeymoon. What was the thought?
2. How did Ourika's attitude change after Charles' marriage to Anais? What was Mme. de B.'s reaction?
3. What did Ourika dream about in regards to her future in society? Where did Ourika wish to go?
4. In addition to the concern about Ourika's health, Mme. de B. had another concern. What was it? What was the solution?
5. How did Mme. de B. influence Ourika's imagination and social development?
6. What did the doctors say about Ourika's increased and prolonged melancholy? What did Charles and Mme. de B. do to help Ourika?
7. How did Ourika perform a disservice even though she was rescued twice?
8. How did Mme. de B. attempt to help Ourika? What was Ourika's solution to her troubles at this time?
9. What political issues arose soon after Charles' departure? What were Ourika's thoughts on these issues?
10. When did the Reign of Terror end? How did the situation change when the Reign of Terror ended?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)