|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Fowles' novel?
(a) Modern Revolution.
(b) The French Lieutenant's Wife.
(c) The Good Earth.
(d) Les Miserables.
2. Which was not included in the description of Francis?
3. Who was one of the two people that developed the term?
4. What is the name of Mme de B's grandson?
5. In which year did the couple do to France?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ourika suffers from which of the following?
2. Fowles originally expected to be ____ in/by the work.
3. Which term is not used to describe Ourika?
4. Where was Claire's mother's homeland?
5. What word is used to describe Ourika's identity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What illegal act took place as a result of the success of Claire's books?
2. What was unusual about the bookstore in Hampstead? Who was its owner?
3. Who is Joan DeJean? What is her position at the University of Pennsylvania?
4. Who was sent to visit Ourika in a convent outside Paris? What was the doctor's background?
5. What type of struggle did Claire have when deciding to publish her work for the first time?
6. What does Duras' depiction of Ourika tend to continue to be important regarding race and feminism?
7. What occurred after Claire published "Ourika" and her second book, "Edouard?"
8. How was Fowles inspired by Ourika? What came from that inspiration?
9. What happens after the doctor's first visit?
10. Discuss the first publication of Ourika. What was unusual about the publication?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)