|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was known for having two major enthusiasms?
(a) Mme de B.
2. Ourika blamed her illness on which of the following?
3. It is recommended that Charles marry Mlle. de ________.
4. Ourika felt that Charles was just learning how to ____.
(b) Grow up.
(d) See clearly.
5. Ourika said she had paid regards to ______ in return.
(a) Lady Luck.
(c) The Devil.
6. What helped to strengthen the bonds between Ourika and Mme de B. and Charles?
7. Ourika refers to her love for Charles as being ____.
8. Part of Ourika's illness was caused by the fact that she did not feel ______.
9. Who traveled with Charles and his brother?
(a) Mme d. B.
10. Which one of the following was included in those enthusiasms?
11. What items did Ourika remove from the house to deceive herself?
(a) Family memorabilia.
12. What is the intended bride's first name?
13. What member of government took Ourika out of the country?
(a) First Lady.
14. What was the reaction of Mme de B.'s circle when they returned to see Ourika at their friend's side?
15. In which year was the King assassinated?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ourika's first memories were of sitting in Mme's _____ room.
2. Which of the following was one of Ourika's main physical ailments?
3. Which of the following brings boldness of judgment?
4. Ourika learned about her lot in life and began to feel nothing but ____.
5. Even as a small child Ourika was offended by ______.
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)