|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who became Ourika's constant companion?
2. Ourika had a history of being stronger than her ____.
3. The man took Ourika to live with which relative?
4. Ourika's condition worsened over the next ___ days.
5. How old was Charles at this time?
6. In which year was the King assassinated?
7. It is said that Ourika belonged to a "race of ____ murderers."
8. Who traveled with Charles and his brother?
(a) Mme d. B.
9. Charles often thought of _____ as being the same as existence.
10. Where did the massacres take place?
(d) Santo Domingo.
11. What member of government took Ourika out of the country?
(c) First Lady.
12. Which of the following is not used to describe Mme de B. at this time?
13. Ourika often speaks about the Reign of _____.
14. It is said that at this time Ourika ____ life.
15. Which of the following emotions severely affected Mme de B.'s health?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ourika blamed her illness on which of the following?
2. Ourika's first memories were of sitting in Mme's _____ room.
3. Charles often left his home to visit his fiancee in which city?
4. What items did Ourika remove from the house to deceive herself?
5. Ourika asked, "Does _____ bring happiness?"
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)