|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who became Ourika's constant companion?
2. In what year did the Reign end?
3. What word is used to describe the Marquise?
4. Ourika refers to her love for Charles as being ____.
5. What member of government took Ourika out of the country?
(b) First Lady.
6. Ourika felt she owed a great deal to which of the following?
7. Ourika wrote about what important celebration?
(a) First Communion.
(c) Tenth birthday.
8. Part of Ourika's illness was caused by the fact that she did not feel ______.
9. What items did Ourika remove from the house to deceive herself?
(a) Family memorabilia.
10. Ourika's condition worsened over the next ___ days.
11. Which one of the following was included in those enthusiasms?
12. Where was Ourika born?
13. Melancholy is a type of _____.
(a) Deep sadness.
(c) Feverish state.
(d) Muscle disease.
14. Which famous person died around this time?
(b) Ghengis Khan.
(c) Louis XVI.
(d) Ivan the Terrible.
15. It is said that Ourika belonged to a "race of ____ murderers."
Short Answer Questions
1. Which adjective did Ourika use to describe Mme's friends?
2. Which of the following emotions severely affected Mme de B.'s health?
3. When Ourika woke, she saw all but which expression/emotion on the faces of the doctors.
4. Mme is an abbreviation for which of the following?
5. Which of the following is not used to describe Mme de B. at this time?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)