|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is said that doubt often excludes ____.
2. In which year was the book published?
3. The chevalier that worked for ______ brought the child to France.
4. Who narrates the modern representation of the book?
5. Claire retreated to which location?
(b) Sister's villa.
(c) Country estate.
(d) Father's house.
6. What was the title of Claire-Louise's father?
7. What is the name of Fowles' novel?
(a) The Good Earth.
(b) Modern Revolution.
(c) The French Lieutenant's Wife.
(d) Les Miserables.
8. What famous poet is quoted at the beginning of the introduction?
9. What type of facility did the doctor visit?
10. Fowles' opinion of Ourika has turned into _____.
11. The doctor noted that all but a few ____ arches remained at the church.
12. In what year did Claire-Louise die?
13. In which year was Claire's first book published?
14. How long did it take Claire to write the novels?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 2 years.
15. The family fled to which country after the death of Claire's father?
(b) United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fowles' "affair" with Ourika began ____ years after visiting the book store.
2. What is the name of Mme de B's grandson?
3. Ourika was forced to derive her value from her _____.
4. In which location did the doctor finish his medical studies?
5. What was the title of Claire's first work?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)