|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ourika's language is referred to as being _____.
2. What was the title of Claire's first work?
(c) Marie eu Claire.
(d) Mme. Duras.
3. Who was the Emperor at that time?
(a) King George I.
(b) Mao Tse Tung.
4. In which year was the book published?
5. What was the homeland of the black child?
(d) South Africa.
6. Early in their careers, writers need all but which of the following?
7. What is the name of a person that loves books?
8. The doctor had previously been prejudiced against which of the following?
9. Which was not included in the description of Francis?
10. The doctor traveled to which city?
(a) Washington, D.C.
11. What famous poet is quoted at the beginning of the introduction?
12. Fowles' "affair" with Ourika began ____ years after visiting the book store.
13. Fowles' novel fit into which literary genre?
14. The neighborhood was part of which major city?
(c) New York.
15. In which year did Claire get married?
Short Answer Questions
1. Two men capitalized on the premise of Claire's ____ novel.
2. What was Claire's title at this time?
3. Which term does Fowles use to describe Ourika's ethnic situation?
4. Who was one of the two people that developed the term?
5. What type of business did the man operate?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)