Introduction by Joan DeJean, University of Pennsylvania
1. What is Claire-Louise's surname?
2. In what year was Claire-Louise born?
3. In what year did Claire-Louise die?
4. What was the title of Claire-Louise's father?
5. The story took place before which war?
(a) Spanish-American War.
(b) French Revolution.
(c) War of the Roses.
(d) Revolutionary War.
6. Claire's father refused to support the execution of which political official?
(a) Ivan the Terrible.
(b) Louis XIV.
(d) Czar Nicholas Romanov.
7. In which country was the story set in the beginning of the book?
8. The family fled to which country after the death of Claire's father?
(a) United States.
9. Where was Claire's mother's homeland?
(d) Puerto Rico.
10. What item did Claire's mother want to collect?
11. Which city did the family visit in the US?
(a) Washington, DC.
(b) New York.
12. After leaving the homeland, the family went to which country?
This section contains 2,358 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)