Introduction by Joan DeJean, University of Pennsylvania
• Joan DeJean is introduced.
• The reader learns basic information about Ourika.
• DeJean introduces Claire de Duras.
• De Duras' history is examined.
• Basic French culture and history are discussed.
Introduction by Margaret Waller, Pomona College
• Claire de Duras, age 45, retreated to her country estate.
• Claire de Duras wrote five books in a short period of time.
• "Ourika" was the first book to be published.
• "Ourika" was published anonymously in 1823.
• Claire de Duras only published one additional book.
• Men attempted to steal the credit for "Ourika."
Foreword by John Fowles, 1994
• Fowles discusses his years at Oxford.
• Fowles discusses his experiences at Mr. Norman's book store.
• Fowles is introduced to Ourika and Claire de Duras.
• Fowles becomes enchanted with the book.
Introduction to Ourika
• The doctor goes to Paris.
• The doctor meets Ourika.
• Ourika suffers from fever and melancholia.
• Ourika tries to explain her...
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)