Introduction by Joan DeJean, University of Pennsylvania
* Joan DeJean is introduced.
* The reader learns basic information about Ourika.
* DeJean introduces Claire de Duras.
* De Duras' history is examined.
* Basic French culture and history are discussed.
Introduction by Margaret Waller, Pomona College
* Claire de Duras, age 45, retreated to her country estate.
* Claire de Duras wrote five books in a short period of time.
* "Ourika" was the first book to be published.
* "Ourika" was published anonymously in 1823.
* Claire de Duras only published one additional book.
* Men attempted to steal the credit for "Ourika."
Foreword by John Fowles, 1994
* Fowles discusses his years at Oxford.
* Fowles discusses his experiences at Mr. Norman's book store.
* Fowles is introduced to Ourika and Claire de Duras.
* Fowles becomes enchanted with the book.
Introduction to Ourika
* The doctor goes to Paris.
* The doctor meets Ourika.
* Ourika suffers from fever and melancholia.
* Ourika tries to explain her...
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)