|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is devastated to hear of the unfortunate circumstances of friends in Book 4, Chapter 2?
2. Where is Wrayburn staying in Book 4, Chapter 1?
3. What does Charley Hexam tell Headstone about Wrayburn in Book 4, Chapter 7?
4. Who comes to talk to Fledgeby in Book 3, Chapter 1?
5. Who returns to the Boffin mansion in Book 3, Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lizzie tell Bella in Book 3, Chapter 9?
2. Describe Mr. Twemlow's interactions with Mrs. Lammle in Book 3, Chapter 17.
3. Describe Rokesmith's interest in Lizze in Book 3, Chapter 9.
4. Describe how Wegg torments Boffin in Book 4, Chapter 3.
5. How are Riderhood and Bradley punished for their own crimes in Book 4, Chapter 15?
6. Describe Lizzie's interaction with Eugene in Book 4, Chapter 6.
7. What is Charley afraid of in Book 4, Chapter 7?
8. What is the scheme that the Lammles come up with in Book 3, Chapter 12?
9. Describe how Boffin is warned about Wegg's behavior in Book 4, Chapter 3 of Book 4.
10. What does Venus confess to Boffin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The concept of good versus evil appears throughout the book. Who in your opinion is good? Who is bad? Why? Do these characters change over time? Why or why not? Describe.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Eugene Wrayburn. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Describe some of the settings for Our Mutual Friend. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. How do these settings even if imaginary, reflect modern settings or culture? Why did the author choose to use these places in Our Mutual Friend?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)