Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jenny warn Riah about in Book 3, Chapter 13?
2. Who tells Jenny that he is now free of servitude to Fledgeby in Book 4, Chapter 9?
3. What does Venus confess to Boffin that he was plotting to do in Book 3, Chapter 14?
4. When Boffin hides, who does he see plotting with Venus in Book 3, Chapter 14?
5. Who gets married in a secret ceremony in Book 4, Chapter 4?
Essay Topic 1
Describe some of the settings for Our Mutual Friend. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. How do these settings even if imaginary, reflect modern settings or culture? Why did the author choose to use these places in Our Mutual Friend?
Essay Topic 2
Corruption in society is a prevailing theme of Our Mutual Friend. Dickens frequently refers to this theme, painting a bleak picture of London society. Which characters appear corrupt and why? Which characters appear to rise above corruption even if they were initially vulnerable to it? What is your opinion of the society that Dickens describes? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The concept of good versus evil appears throughout the book. Who in your opinion is good? Who is bad? Why? Do these characters change over time? Why or why not? Describe.
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)