|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jenny warn Riah about in Book 3, Chapter 13?
2. Who tells Jenny that he is now free of servitude to Fledgeby in Book 4, Chapter 9?
3. What does Venus confess to Boffin that he was plotting to do in Book 3, Chapter 14?
4. When Boffin hides, who does he see plotting with Venus in Book 3, Chapter 14?
5. Who gets married in a secret ceremony in Book 4, Chapter 4?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Silas Wegg. What is his role in Our Mutual Friend? What was Dickens trying to accomplish by creating Silas' character in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Greed is another important theme of Our Mutual Friend. Greed in this novel is depicted in relation to money, possessions and social status. Who is greedy in Our Mutual Friend? Who exhibits kindliness and generosity of spirit? Who desires what and how are these desires manifested? Do they change over time? Describe.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in Our Mutual Friend. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)