|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is distraught about losing Lizzie for good in Book 4, Chapter 15?
2. Who warns the Lammles to stay away from Georgiana?
3. Who does Eugene see walking along the river in Book 4, Chapter 6?
4. When Boffin hides, who does he see plotting with Venus in Book 3, Chapter 14?
5. Who profess their love for each other in Book 3, Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bradley's interactions at Wrayburn's house in Book 3, Chapter 11.
2. Why does John Rokesmith refuse to see Mortimer?
3. What is Charley afraid of in Book 4, Chapter 7?
4. What happens when Bradley goes in search of Eugene in Book 4, Chapter 1?
5. What happens to Rogue in Book 3, Chapters 2 and 3?
6. What does Lizzie tell Bella in Book 3, Chapter 9?
7. How does Wegg fail in his plan of humiliating Noddy Boffin in Book 4, Chapter 14?
8. Why is Noddy Boffin annoyed with Rokesmith in Book 3, Chapter 15?
9. What happens when Jenny comes to see Riah in Book 3, Chapter 12?
10. Describe Eugene Wrayburn's visit to Jenny Wren's store in Book 3, Chapter 10.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Eugene Wrayburn. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Silas Wegg. What is his role in Our Mutual Friend? What was Dickens trying to accomplish by creating Silas' character in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Romance takes on an aggressive quality in Our Mutual Friend. Who are the two characters pursuing Lizzie Hexam? Who does she like and who does she avoid and why? What do her suitors have in common and where are they different? Discuss.
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)