|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been helping out at the Bower along with Silas in Book 3, Chapter 14?
2. When Mr. and Mrs. Lammle's property is about to be auctioned off, who does Mrs. Lammle go to visit in Book 3, Chapter 17?
3. After Venus leaves, who comes to see Boffin in Book 3, Chapter 14?
4. Who gets married in a secret ceremony in Book 4, Chapter 4?
5. Who in fact has taken away Lizzie Hexam in Book 3, Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The concept of good versus evil appears throughout the book. Who in your opinion is good? Who is bad? Why? Do these characters change over time? Why or why not? Describe.
Essay Topic 2
Dickens is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 3
Choose a character that Bella grows to like and become familiar with. How does their relationship evolve?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)