Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jenny warn Riah about in Book 3, Chapter 13?
2. Who tells Jenny that he is now free of servitude to Fledgeby in Book 4, Chapter 9?
3. What does Venus confess to Boffin that he was plotting to do in Book 3, Chapter 14?
4. When Boffin hides, who does he see plotting with Venus in Book 3, Chapter 14?
5. Who gets married in a secret ceremony in Book 4, Chapter 4?
Essay Topic 1
Explain Dickens' use of humor in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in Our Mutual Friend. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book Our Mutual Friend? Cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)