|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What assumption is made about Rokesmith concerning his affection for Bella in Book 3, Chapter 15?
2. Who comes to visit Riah in Book 3, Chapter 13?
3. Who struggle and fall into the river and drown in Book 4, Chapter 15?
4. Who tells Jenny that he is now free of servitude to Fledgeby in Book 4, Chapter 9?
5. Where does Rogue work in Book 4, Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Bella visits her father at his office in Book 3, Chapter 16?
2. Describe Eugene Wrayburn's visit to Jenny Wren's store in Book 3, Chapter 10.
3. How does Wegg fail in his plan of humiliating Noddy Boffin in Book 4, Chapter 14?
4. What does Lizzie tell Bella in Book 3, Chapter 9?
5. How does Jenny help Fledgeby in Book 4, Chapter 8?
6. Describe Mr. Twemlow's interactions with Mrs. Lammle in Book 3, Chapter 17.
7. Describe how Wegg torments Boffin in Book 4, Chapter 3.
8. What happens to Rogue in Book 3, Chapters 2 and 3?
9. Describe Lizzie's interaction with Eugene in Book 4, Chapter 6.
10. How has Bella's relationship with John changed her views of money and life in Book 4, Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe some of the settings for Our Mutual Friend. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. How do these settings even if imaginary, reflect modern settings or culture? Why did the author choose to use these places in Our Mutual Friend?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Eugene Wrayburn. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Silas Wegg. What is his role in Our Mutual Friend? What was Dickens trying to accomplish by creating Silas' character in the novel?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)