|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the visitor begins to choke from a mixture rubbed on the face, what does he say to Jenny in Book 4, Chapter 8?
2. Who does Headstone meet at Wrayburn's house and give money in Book 3, Chapter 11?
3. Who apparently has a fondness for Lizzie Hexam in Book 3, Chapter 1?
4. Who is trying to get in touch with Lizzie who apparently vanished in Book 2, Chapter 16?
5. Who gets married in a secret ceremony in Book 4, Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose a character that Bella grows to like and become familiar with. How does their relationship evolve?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Dickens' use of humor in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one instance of irony in Our Mutual Friend. Cite at least two examples you can identify in the book and note why they are examples of irony.
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)