|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been helping out at the Bower along with Silas in Book 3, Chapter 14?
2. What does Bella talk to Rokesmith about in Book 3, Chapter 9?
3. What troubles do the Lammles have in Book 3, Chapter 12?
4. What assumption is made about Rokesmith concerning his affection for Bella in Book 3, Chapter 15?
5. What does Mrs. Lammle say is only a screen for Fledgeby in Book 3, Chapter 17?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Secrecy is a recurring theme in Our Mutual Friend. Which characters have secrets and what are they? How are these secrets revealed? Do these secrets result in ominous consequences or not? Do any of them have happy endings? Discuss.
Essay Topic 2
Describe some of the settings for Our Mutual Friend. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. How do these settings even if imaginary, reflect modern settings or culture? Why did the author choose to use these places in Our Mutual Friend?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Eugene Wrayburn. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)