|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lizzie fear about Bradley Headstone in Book 3, Chapter 9?
2. What does Bella yell at Mr. Boffin in Book 3, Chapter 15?
3. Who does Bradley run into in Book 4, Chapter 1?
4. Who comes to visit Riah in Book 3, Chapter 13?
5. Who is not doing well after the attack in Book 4, Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Riah show that Rogue is a villain in Book 3, Chapter 2?
2. How does Wegg fail in his plan of humiliating Noddy Boffin in Book 4, Chapter 14?
3. Describe Rokesmith's interest in Lizze in Book 3, Chapter 9.
4. What happens to Rogue in Book 3, Chapters 2 and 3?
5. How has Bella's relationship with John changed her views of money and life in Book 4, Chapter 5?
6. Describe Riah's interaction with Fledgeby and Lammle in Book 3, Chapter 1.
7. What does Venus confess to Boffin?
8. What is Charley afraid of in Book 4, Chapter 7?
9. When Eugene is dying, what is revealed about Lizzie in Book 4, Chapter 9?
10. Why does John Rokesmith refuse to see Mortimer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Reading and writing play an important role in Our Mutual Friend. Who is illiterate? Who is literate? Who teaches whom and in what way? Does literacy in Our Mutual Friend signify wealth, status or other power? Discuss.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book Our Mutual Friend? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the depiction of these four young female characters in the book, Lizzie, Georgiana, Bella and Jenny.
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)