|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bella tell John in Book 4, Chapter 5?
2. Who is distraught about losing Lizzie for good in Book 4, Chapter 15?
3. What does Mrs. Lammle say is only a screen for Fledgeby in Book 3, Chapter 17?
4. When the visitor begins to choke from a mixture rubbed on the face, what does he say to Jenny in Book 4, Chapter 8?
5. Who tells Jenny that he is now free of servitude to Fledgeby in Book 4, Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bradley's interactions at Wrayburn's house in Book 3, Chapter 11.
2. What is the scheme that the Lammles come up with in Book 3, Chapter 12?
3. What is Bella perturbed about Mr. Boffin in Book 3, Chapter 5?
4. Describe how Boffin is warned about Wegg's behavior in Book 4, Chapter 3 of Book 4.
5. How does Riah show that Rogue is a villain in Book 3, Chapter 2?
6. How has Bella's relationship with John changed her views of money and life in Book 4, Chapter 5?
7. What does Lizzie tell Bella in Book 3, Chapter 9?
8. Describe Riah's interaction with Fledgeby and Lammle in Book 3, Chapter 1.
9. When Eugene is dying, what is revealed about Lizzie in Book 4, Chapter 9?
10. Describe Rokesmith's interest in Lizze in Book 3, Chapter 9.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one instance of irony in Our Mutual Friend. Cite at least two examples you can identify in the book and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the depiction of these four young female characters in the book, Lizzie, Georgiana, Bella and Jenny.
Essay Topic 3
The concept of good versus evil appears throughout the book. Who in your opinion is good? Who is bad? Why? Do these characters change over time? Why or why not? Describe.
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)