|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has declared love for Bella according to Mrs. Lammle in Book 3, Chapter 12?
2. What does Bradley think the priest is for in Book 4, Chapter 11?
3. Who is trying to get in touch with Lizzie who apparently vanished in Book 2, Chapter 16?
4. Who comes with a message to Jenny from Lizzie Hexam in Book 4, Chapter 9?
5. Who is enjoying traveling in Book 3, Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mr. Twemlow's interactions with Mrs. Lammle in Book 3, Chapter 17.
2. How does Wegg fail in his plan of humiliating Noddy Boffin in Book 4, Chapter 14?
3. Describe how Wegg torments Boffin in Book 4, Chapter 3.
4. How are Riderhood and Bradley punished for their own crimes in Book 4, Chapter 15?
5. How does Bella show that you can be poor yet happy in her marriage choice in Book 4, Chapter 4?
6. Describe how Boffin is warned about Wegg's behavior in Book 4, Chapter 3 of Book 4.
7. Describe Eugene Wrayburn's visit to Jenny Wren's store in Book 3, Chapter 10.
8. What happens when Jenny comes to see Riah in Book 3, Chapter 12?
9. What does Bella talk to her father about at his wedding anniversary in Book 3, Chapter 4?
10. Describe Bradley's interactions at Wrayburn's house in Book 3, Chapter 11.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Money has particular significance in the Our Mutual Friend. What is the significance of having money in the story? Who chases after money? Who has money? Who loses money? Who gains money? What does Dickens ultimately say about money through Bella and what is the importance of this discovery and the character's role? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Choose a character that Bella grows to like and become familiar with. How does their relationship evolve?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in Our Mutual Friend. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)