|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Near what bridge does Jessie and his companion pass?
2. Who has Mr. Boffin and his wife not seen since the person was a little child?
3. Who is the lodger staying with the Wilfers that the Boffins consider a mutual friend?
4. Who is Rokesmith supposed to marry?
5. Who is jealous of his or her sibling's success with the Boffins in Book 2, Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rogue Riderhood accuse Jesse Hexam of and tell Mortimer and Eugene in Book 1, Chapter 12?
2. Describe the Lammles' startling discovery about themselves in Book 1, Chapter 10.
3. Describe the man who comes to the Riderhood residence in Book 2, Chapter 12.
4. What is John Rokesmith's new role at the Boffins'?
5. Describe Lizzie Hexam.
6. Describe the Podsnaps.
7. Why is the river important to Jessie Hexam?
8. Describe Bradley Headstone.
9. Describe Mr. Venus.
10. Describe Bradley's interaction with Lizzie in Book 2, Chapter 15.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one instance of irony in Our Mutual Friend. Cite at least two examples you can identify in the book and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the depiction of these four young female characters in the book, Lizzie, Georgiana, Bella and Jenny.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Eugene Wrayburn. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)