|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the child unfortunately have that Rokesmith discovers in Book 2, Chapter 9?
2. Who is George Radfoot?
3. After recovering from the death of the young orphan, who decides to leave the Boffin residence?
4. What is Rogue's relationship with the person he goes to live with in Book 2, Chapter 12?
5. Near what bridge does Jessie and his companion pass?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Gaffer.
2. How does Bella show that you can be poor yet happy in her marriage choice in Book 4, Chapter 4?
3. Describe how Boffin is warned about Wegg's behavior in Book 4, Chapter 3 of Book 4.
4. What happens when Bradley goes in search of Eugene in Book 4, Chapter 1?
5. Describe Mr. Venus.
6. Why is Noddy Boffin annoyed with Rokesmith in Book 3, Chapter 15?
7. Describe how Wegg torments Boffin in Book 4, Chapter 3.
8. Describe Bradley Headstone.
9. Describe Bradley's interactions at Wrayburn's house in Book 3, Chapter 11.
10. How has Bella's relationship with John changed her views of money and life in Book 4, Chapter 5?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Silas Wegg. What is his role in Our Mutual Friend? What was Dickens trying to accomplish by creating Silas' character in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in Our Mutual Friend. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one instance of irony in Our Mutual Friend. Cite at least two examples you can identify in the book and note why they are examples of irony.
This section contains 1,468 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)