|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Headstone accuse Lizzie of accepting in Book 2, Chapter 15?
2. What is the name of the little orphan that the Boffins are going to adopt?
3. What does the lawyer talk about?
4. In Book 2, Chapter 15, who schemes to win over Lizzie?
5. Where are Mortimer Lightwood and Eugene Wrayburn sitting when they discuss their office space?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is John Rokesmith's new role at the Boffins'?
2. What does Venus confess to Boffin?
3. Describe the inhabitants of the Boffin household by Book 1, Chapter 17.
4. Describe the man who comes to the Riderhood residence in Book 2, Chapter 12.
5. Describe Riah's interaction with Fledgeby and Lammle in Book 3, Chapter 1.
6. Describe Bradley's interaction with Lizzie in Book 2, Chapter 15.
7. What is Mrs. Lammle's scheme to trick Georgiana in Book 2, Chapter 4?
8. Describe the social situation at the Veneering party in Book 1, Chapter 2.
9. Describe Lizzie's interaction with Eugene in Book 4, Chapter 6.
10. Describe how Boffin is warned about Wegg's behavior in Book 4, Chapter 3 of Book 4.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Romance takes on an aggressive quality in Our Mutual Friend. Who are the two characters pursuing Lizzie Hexam? Who does she like and who does she avoid and why? What do her suitors have in common and where are they different? Discuss.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Eugene Wrayburn. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the depiction of these four young female characters in the book, Lizzie, Georgiana, Bella and Jenny.
This section contains 1,527 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)