|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eugene have dinner with in Book 1, Chapter 12?
2. What did Boffin first think a secretary was?
3. Where are Mortimer Lightwood and Eugene Wrayburn sitting when they discuss their office space?
4. What happens to Rokesmith at Rogue's residence?
5. Whom does Rokesmith show interest in Book 2, Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Abby Potterson.
2. Describe Bradley Headstone.
3. What is Mrs. Lammle's scheme to trick Georgiana in Book 2, Chapter 4?
4. Describe Charley's conflict in Book 2, Chapter 6.
5. Describe Bradley's interaction with Lizzie in Book 2, Chapter 15.
6. Describe the social situation at the Veneering party in Book 1, Chapter 2.
7. Describe Lizzie Hexam.
8. Why is the river important to Jessie Hexam?
9. Describe the man who comes to the Riderhood residence in Book 2, Chapter 12.
10. In the office where Mortimer and Eugene are sitting, what is revealed about Lizzie in Book 2, Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Dickens' use of humor in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the depiction of these four young female characters in the book, Lizzie, Georgiana, Bella and Jenny.
Essay Topic 3
Choose a character that Bella grows to like and become familiar with. How does their relationship evolve?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)