|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Venus leaves, who comes to see Boffin in Book 3, Chapter 14?
(b) Mrs. Wilfer.
(d) Mrs. Lammle.
2. Who returns to the Boffin mansion in Book 3, Chapter 5?
3. Where does Rogue work in Book 4, Chapter 7?
(a) Plashwater Weir Mill Lock.
(b) Lammle residence.
(c) Boffin mansion.
(d) Angler's Inn.
4. What does Bella yell at Mr. Boffin in Book 3, Chapter 15?
(a) You will be sorry!
(b) You are a liar and a thief!
(c) His money has ruined him.
(d) I hate you!
5. What happens when Eugene is attacked in Book 4, Chapter 6?
(a) He becomes unconscious and wakes up in a tomb.
(b) Lizzie rescues him and takes him to the doctor.
(c) He fights his assailants bravely and wins.
(d) He succumbs to wounds and dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Headstone gets angry in Book 4, Chapter 1?
2. What does Charley say would be unforgivable on the part of Headstone in Book 4, Chapter 7?
3. What is Wegg bitter about as he stands outside the Boffin residence?
4. Where does Bella go after leaving the Boffins in Book 3, Chapter 16?
5. Who does Potterson try to revive in Book 3, Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Boffin is warned about Wegg's behavior in Book 4, Chapter 3 of Book 4.
2. What does Venus confess to Boffin?
3. What happens when Bradley goes in search of Eugene in Book 4, Chapter 1?
4. Describe how Wegg torments Boffin in Book 4, Chapter 3.
5. What happens to Rogue in Book 3, Chapters 2 and 3?
6. Why does John Rokesmith refuse to see Mortimer?
7. How does Bella show that you can be poor yet happy in her marriage choice in Book 4, Chapter 4?
8. What happens when Jenny comes to see Riah in Book 3, Chapter 12?
9. What is the scheme that the Lammles come up with in Book 3, Chapter 12?
10. What does Bella talk to her father about at his wedding anniversary in Book 3, Chapter 4?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)