|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that he has been a slave for too long in Book 4, Chapter 3?
2. Whom does Noddy refuse to listen to in Book 4, Chapter 14?
3. What assumption is made about Rokesmith concerning his affection for Bella in Book 3, Chapter 15?
(a) He is deceptive.
(b) He is too passionate.
(c) He is fickle.
(d) He just wants her money.
4. What does Riah try to prove to Abigail about Rogue?
(a) That he is captured.
(b) That he is a villain.
(c) That he is her brother.
(d) That he is a liar.
5. Who does Wrayburn's companion see that later will appear in his dreams in Book 3, Chapter 10?
(a) A destitute worker.
(b) A pig-tailed girl.
(c) A haggard looking man.
(d) A peasant farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Jenny Wren's store and tries to buy a doll in Book 3, Chapter 10?
2. Who is trying to get in touch with Lizzie who apparently vanished in Book 2, Chapter 16?
3. What does Bradley think the priest is for in Book 4, Chapter 11?
4. Where does Rogue work in Book 4, Chapter 7?
5. Who does Noddy Boffin run into that tells him Wegg is going to discuss the will in Book 4, Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bella talk to her father about at his wedding anniversary in Book 3, Chapter 4?
2. How does Wegg fail in his plan of humiliating Noddy Boffin in Book 4, Chapter 14?
3. Describe how Boffin is warned about Wegg's behavior in Book 4, Chapter 3 of Book 4.
4. What is Bella perturbed about Mr. Boffin in Book 3, Chapter 5?
5. What is the scheme that the Lammles come up with in Book 3, Chapter 12?
6. Describe Rokesmith's interest in Lizze in Book 3, Chapter 9.
7. How has Bella's relationship with John changed her views of money and life in Book 4, Chapter 5?
8. What happens when Jenny comes to see Riah in Book 3, Chapter 12?
9. How does Bella show that you can be poor yet happy in her marriage choice in Book 4, Chapter 4?
10. Describe Betty Higden's interactions after she leaves the Boffins.
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)