|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charley say would be unforgivable on the part of Headstone in Book 4, Chapter 7?
(a) If he fought Wilfer.
(b) If he hurt Eugene.
(c) If he proposed to Lizzie.
(d) If he lost his faith.
2. Who goes to visit the Veneerings in Book 4, Chapter 17?
3. Who tells Jenny that he is now free of servitude to Fledgeby in Book 4, Chapter 9?
4. What assumption is made about Rokesmith concerning his affection for Bella in Book 3, Chapter 15?
(a) He just wants her money.
(b) He is deceptive.
(c) He is fickle.
(d) He is too passionate.
5. Who glares at Rokesmith at breakfast in Book 3, Chapter 15?
(a) Mrs. Boffin.
(b) Mrs. Wilfer.
(c) Mr. Wilfer.
(d) Mr. Boffin.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Boffin hides, who does he see plotting with Venus in Book 3, Chapter 14?
2. What does Mrs. Lammle say is only a screen for Fledgeby in Book 3, Chapter 17?
3. What is Jenny offered by her visitor at the store in Book 4, Chapter 7?
4. Who comes to Eugene's wedding in Book 4, Chapter 10?
5. Who struggle and fall into the river and drown in Book 4, Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bella talk to her father about at his wedding anniversary in Book 3, Chapter 4?
2. Describe Riah's interaction with Fledgeby and Lammle in Book 3, Chapter 1.
3. How does Wegg fail in his plan of humiliating Noddy Boffin in Book 4, Chapter 14?
4. What happens when Jenny comes to see Riah in Book 3, Chapter 12?
5. How does Jenny help Fledgeby in Book 4, Chapter 8?
6. Describe Rokesmith's interest in Lizze in Book 3, Chapter 9.
7. When Eugene is dying, what is revealed about Lizzie in Book 4, Chapter 9?
8. What does Venus confess to Boffin?
9. What does Lizzie tell Bella in Book 3, Chapter 9?
10. Describe Mr. Twemlow's interactions with Mrs. Lammle in Book 3, Chapter 17.
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)