|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Headstone return to work in Book 4, Chapter 7?
(a) The school.
(b) The legal firm.
(c) The ship.
(d) The library.
2. Who goes to visit the Veneerings in Book 4, Chapter 17?
3. What happens when Eugene is attacked in Book 4, Chapter 6?
(a) He becomes unconscious and wakes up in a tomb.
(b) He succumbs to wounds and dies.
(c) He fights his assailants bravely and wins.
(d) Lizzie rescues him and takes him to the doctor.
4. Who does Noddy Boffin run into that tells him Wegg is going to discuss the will in Book 4, Chapter 3?
5. What does Charley Hexam tell Headstone about Wrayburn in Book 4, Chapter 7?
(a) That he is sick from pneumonia.
(b) That he is going to fight him.
(c) That he is now married.
(d) That he is believed to be dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Boffin think her husband is becoming in Book 3, Chapter 5?
2. When Boffin hides, who does he see plotting with Venus in Book 3, Chapter 14?
3. Who is trying to get in touch with Lizzie who apparently vanished in Book 2, Chapter 16?
4. Who does Headstone meet at Wrayburn's house and give money in Book 3, Chapter 11?
5. What does Mr. Boffin think about the Boffins' social standing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the scheme that the Lammles come up with in Book 3, Chapter 12?
2. Describe Bradley's interactions at Wrayburn's house in Book 3, Chapter 11.
3. Describe Riah's interaction with Fledgeby and Lammle in Book 3, Chapter 1.
4. How does Riah show that Rogue is a villain in Book 3, Chapter 2?
5. How are Riderhood and Bradley punished for their own crimes in Book 4, Chapter 15?
6. What happens when Bradley goes in search of Eugene in Book 4, Chapter 1?
7. What does Bella talk to her father about at his wedding anniversary in Book 3, Chapter 4?
8. Describe Rokesmith's interest in Lizze in Book 3, Chapter 9.
9. What happens when Bella visits her father at his office in Book 3, Chapter 16?
10. Describe how Boffin is warned about Wegg's behavior in Book 4, Chapter 3 of Book 4.
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)