|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who feels murderous towards Wrayburn in Book 3, Chapter 11?
2. What does Bella realize about money in Book 4, Chapter 16?
(a) Money requires good luck.
(b) Money is inherited.
(c) Money depends upon energy.
(d) Money does not bring happiness.
3. Where is Wrayburn staying in Book 4, Chapter 1?
(a) Underground Lair.
(b) Horse and Hounds Inn.
(c) Broken Tabernacle.
(d) Angler's Inn.
4. Who does Lizzie tell Bella that she wants to talk to?
(a) The man who rescued her brother.
(b) The man who saved her sister.
(c) The man who cleared her father's name.
(d) The man who fought her suitor.
5. Who goes to visit the Veneerings in Book 4, Chapter 17?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Headstone meet at Wrayburn's house and give money in Book 3, Chapter 11?
2. Who comes with a message to Jenny from Lizzie Hexam in Book 4, Chapter 9?
3. When Boffin hides, who does he see plotting with Venus in Book 3, Chapter 14?
4. What is Jenny offered by her visitor at the store in Book 4, Chapter 7?
5. Who is devastated to hear of the unfortunate circumstances of friends in Book 4, Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Charley afraid of in Book 4, Chapter 7?
2. Describe Betty Higden's interactions after she leaves the Boffins.
3. Describe Riah's interaction with Fledgeby and Lammle in Book 3, Chapter 1.
4. What happens to Rogue in Book 3, Chapters 2 and 3?
5. How does Bella show that you can be poor yet happy in her marriage choice in Book 4, Chapter 4?
6. How has Bella's relationship with John changed her views of money and life in Book 4, Chapter 5?
7. What does Venus confess to Boffin?
8. What does Bella talk to her father about at his wedding anniversary in Book 3, Chapter 4?
9. Describe Rokesmith's interest in Lizze in Book 3, Chapter 9.
10. What happens when Bella visits her father at his office in Book 3, Chapter 16?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)