|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who celebrates their wedding anniversary in Book 2, Chapter 16?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Podsnap.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Lammle.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Potterson.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Boffin.
2. What does Mrs. Boffin think her husband is becoming in Book 3, Chapter 5?
(a) A pauper.
(b) A widower.
(c) A miser.
(d) A fool.
3. What does Jenny warn Riah about in Book 3, Chapter 13?
(a) Bad weather approaching.
(b) A possible fight between the two visitors.
(c) Harming Lizzie in any way.
(d) lawsuit for assaulting his friend.
4. What does Rogue tell Headstone about Wrayburn in Book 4, Chapter 7?
(a) He has moved to Ireland.
(b) He is bankrupt.
(c) He has given up his pursuit of women.
(d) His body was found by Lizzie.
5. Who tells Jenny that he is now free of servitude to Fledgeby in Book 4, Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wegg and Venus find in Book 3, Chapter 7?
2. Who does Eugene see walking along the river in Book 4, Chapter 6?
3. What troubles do the Lammles have in Book 3, Chapter 12?
4. What assumption is made about Rokesmith concerning his affection for Bella in Book 3, Chapter 15?
5. Who is celebrating a wedding anniversary in Book 3, Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lizzie tell Bella in Book 3, Chapter 9?
2. How does Bella show that you can be poor yet happy in her marriage choice in Book 4, Chapter 4?
3. What is Bella perturbed about Mr. Boffin in Book 3, Chapter 5?
4. Describe Lizzie's interaction with Eugene in Book 4, Chapter 6.
5. Describe Rokesmith's interest in Lizze in Book 3, Chapter 9.
6. When Eugene is dying, what is revealed about Lizzie in Book 4, Chapter 9?
7. What happens when Jenny comes to see Riah in Book 3, Chapter 12?
8. Describe how Wegg torments Boffin in Book 4, Chapter 3.
9. Describe Eugene Wrayburn's visit to Jenny Wren's store in Book 3, Chapter 10.
10. How has Bella's relationship with John changed her views of money and life in Book 4, Chapter 5?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)