|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What social event do the Veneerings host at their home?
(a) A dinner party.
(b) A theater performance.
(c) A luncheon.
(d) A movie night.
2. Why is Bella resentful towards Rokesmith?
(a) She does not want to marry him.
(b) She thinks he is pompous.
(c) She does not like being treated like property.
(d) She thinks he is ugly.
3. What is Jessie Hexam also known as?
4. What does Mrs. Boffin want her husband's tutor to give up in return for money?
(a) His stall.
(b) His books.
(c) His magnifying lens.
(d) His glasses.
5. What does Rogue recognize about the man who comes to visit him in Book 2, Chapter 12?
(a) His knife and coat.
(b) His long hair.
(c) His manner of speaking.
(d) His blue eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alfred Lammle going to marry in Book 1, Chapter 10?
2. Who is George Radfoot?
3. What is the name of the little orphan that the Boffins are going to adopt?
4. Who has Mr. Boffin and his wife not seen since the person was a little child?
5. What did Boffin first think a secretary was?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eugene reveal his interest in Lizzie in Book 1, Chapter 13?
2. How does Silas appear deceptive in Book 2, Chapter 7?
3. Describe the arrangement Betty makes with the Boffins in Book 2, Chapter 14.
4. Describe Miss Peecher.
5. In the office where Mortimer and Eugene are sitting, what is revealed about Lizzie in Book 2, Chapter 6?
6. Describe Charley's conflict in Book 2, Chapter 6.
7. Why is the river important to Jessie Hexam?
8. Describe Mr. Sloppy.
9. Describe the Lammles' startling discovery about themselves in Book 1, Chapter 10.
10. Describe Bradley Headstone.
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)