|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bella resentful towards Rokesmith?
(a) She thinks he is ugly.
(b) She thinks he is pompous.
(c) She does not want to marry him.
(d) She does not like being treated like property.
2. What does the visitor who comes to see Eugene say about Jessie Hexam?
(a) He murdered John Harmon and confessed his crime.
(b) He drowned in the river with floating bodies.
(c) He was kidnapped and is being tortured by the Wilfers.
(d) He is deathly ill by the anthrax poison he was exposed to.
3. Who is the rich man in Book 1, Chapter 11 who has a daughter called Georgiana and is full of himself?
(a) Eugene Fox.
(b) John Podsnap.
(c) John Harmon.
(d) Alfred Lammle.
4. Who does Bella take out in Book 2, Chapter 8 and talk about her marriage goals?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her fiance.
5. Who is Alfred Lammle going to marry in Book 1, Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rokesmith do after the death of the little orphan?
2. In Book 2, Chapter 15, who schemes to win over Lizzie?
3. Who does Mr. Lammle congratulate for acting as matchmaker for Georgiana?
4. Whom are Eugene and Mortimer worried about the rumors around Jessie will affect?
5. Who does John Rokesmith meet with in Book 2, Chapter 9 about the orphan for adoption?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eugene reveal his interest in Lizzie in Book 1, Chapter 13?
2. Describe Abby Potterson.
3. Describe Bella's role in John Harmon's fortune in Book 1, Chapter 4.
4. Describe Bradley's interaction with Lizzie in Book 2, Chapter 15.
5. Why is the river important to Jessie Hexam?
6. Describe Lightwood's conversation with Mr. Boffin in Book 1, Chapter 8.
7. In the office where Mortimer and Eugene are sitting, what is revealed about Lizzie in Book 2, Chapter 6?
8. How does Silas appear deceptive in Book 2, Chapter 7?
9. Describe the Gaffer.
10. Describe the inhabitants of the Boffin household by Book 1, Chapter 17.
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)