|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jessie say has given his livelihood?
(a) His father.
(b) The town.
(c) The bank manager.
(d) The river.
2. What social event do the Veneerings host at their home?
(a) A theater performance.
(b) A movie night.
(c) A dinner party.
(d) A luncheon.
3. What is Rogue's relationship with the person he goes to live with in Book 2, Chapter 12?
(a) She is his mother.
(b) He is his father.
(c) He is her son.
(d) She is his daughter.
4. To whom does Silas Wegg talk about his amputation in Book 1, Chapter 7?
(a) Mr. Harmon.
(b) Mr. Hexam.
(c) Mr. Boffin.
(d) Mr. Venus.
5. Who is the teacher in love with Bradley Headstone in Book 2, Chapter 11?
(a) Miss Peecher.
(b) Lizzie Hexam.
(c) Mrs. Lammle.
(d) Georgiania Podshap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bella insist that she must marry for?
2. What does Rokesmith do after the death of the little orphan?
3. . Who settles in with the Boffins in Book 2, Chapter 8?
4. Where does Mrs. Veneering go with Mr. Podsnap in Book 2, Chapter 3?
5. Who does Mr. Lammle congratulate for acting as matchmaker for Georgiana?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is John Rokesmith's new role at the Boffins'?
2. What is Bella's new life at the Boffins like?
3. What is Mrs. Lammle's scheme to trick Georgiana in Book 2, Chapter 4?
4. Describe Mr. Venus.
5. Describe the Lammles' startling discovery about themselves in Book 1, Chapter 10.
6. Describe Miss Peecher.
7. Describe Bradley Headstone.
8. Describe Silas Wegg.
9. Describe the man who comes to the Riderhood residence in Book 2, Chapter 12.
10. Describe Mrs. Veneering.
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)