|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Silas Wegg talk about his amputation in Book 1, Chapter 7?
(a) Mr. Venus.
(b) Mr. Boffin.
(c) Mr. Hexam.
(d) Mr. Harmon.
2. Where is the inspector investigating a report of missing lime?
(a) Harmon villa.
(b) Veneering mansion.
(c) Boffins residence.
(d) Six Jolly Fellowship Porters.
3. What does Jessie pull out of the water?
(a) A buoy.
(c) A toy.
4. What does Eugene Wrayburn offer Lizzie?
(a) A new set of clothes.
(b) An education at her boardinghouse.
(c) A marriage proposal.
(d) A house of her own.
5. What is the rumor about Jessie Hexam finding bodies in the river?
(a) He pretends to find them.
(b) He jinxes them.
(c) He steals from them.
(d) He hastens their death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the customer that Abby berates?
2. Why is Bella resentful towards Rokesmith?
3. Who is the headmaster of the school in Book 2, Chapter 1?
4. In Book 1, Chapter 10, where are wedding preparations underway?
5. What does Mrs. Boffin want her husband's tutor to give up in return for money?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mrs. Veneering.
2. Describe Silas Wegg.
3. Describe Miss Peecher.
4. Why is the river important to Jessie Hexam?
5. Describe the social situation at the Veneering party in Book 1, Chapter 2.
6. What does Rogue Riderhood accuse Jesse Hexam of and tell Mortimer and Eugene in Book 1, Chapter 12?
7. Describe the Lammles' startling discovery about themselves in Book 1, Chapter 10.
8. What is John Rokesmith's new role at the Boffins'?
9. Describe Abby Potterson.
10. In Chapter 9, what does Boffin and his wife wish to do something for others?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)