|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Headstone accuse Lizzie of accepting in Book 2, Chapter 15?
(a) Favors from Charley.
(b) Favors from Mortimer.
(c) Favors from Silas.
(d) Favors from Eugene.
2. Who does Charley think would make a better teacher for Lizzie?
(a) Mortimer Lightwood.
(b) Bradley Headstone.
(c) Alfred Lammle.
(d) Lizzie Hexam.
3. Who is Alfred Lammle going to marry in Book 1, Chapter 10?
4. Who discovers that Georgiana is very shy at her birthday party?
(a) Alfred Lammle.
(b) Mr. Podsnap.
(c) John Harmon.
(d) Sophronia Lammle.
5. Who does Mr. Lammle congratulate for acting as matchmaker for Georgiana?
(b) His wife.
(c) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Silas Wegg meet when he goes to the house of the man who bothers him?
2. Who does not appear to approve of Bradley Headstone at the school?
3. To whom does Silas Wegg talk about his amputation in Book 1, Chapter 7?
4. Who convinces Boffin to take him home to have a drink in Book 2, Chapter 7?
5. Who is the boy that the Boffins plan to adopt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the social situation at the Veneering party in Book 1, Chapter 2.
2. What is Bella's new life at the Boffins like?
3. What does Lightwood discover when he goes to find the sender of the note in Book 1, Chapter 3?
4. Describe Charley's conflict in Book 2, Chapter 6.
5. Describe Bradley Headstone.
6. Describe the Lammles' startling discovery about themselves in Book 1, Chapter 10.
7. Describe Mr. Venus.
8. Describe Abby Potterson.
9. Describe Mrs. Veneering.
10. Describe Miss Peecher.
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)