|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Abby's rule about drinking?
(a) She does not have any.
(b) The tap is unlimited.
(c) All broken glass must be paid for immediately.
(d) The men can drink as much as their wives will let them.
2. Who does John Rokesmith meet with in Book 2, Chapter 9 about the orphan for adoption?
(a) Mr. Headstone.
(b) Mr. Fox.
(c) Mr. Boffin.
(d) Mr. Sloppy.
3. Where is the inspector investigating a report of missing lime?
(a) Boffins residence.
(b) Veneering mansion.
(c) Six Jolly Fellowship Porters.
(d) Harmon villa.
4. Who is the woman that was supposed to marry the dead man?
(a) Mary Holden.
(b) Becca Tristen.
(c) Bella Wilfer.
(d) Lizzie Hexam.
5. Who discovers that Georgiana is very shy at her birthday party?
(a) Alfred Lammle.
(b) Sophronia Lammle.
(c) Mr. Podsnap.
(d) John Harmon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jenny Wren?
2. Who is the man that is infatuated with Georgiana according to Mrs. Lammle?
3. Who is paying for Lizzie's education?
4. Who does Mr. Boffin offer the position of secretary to in Book 1, Chapter 15?
5. What does Silas Wegg do on a London corner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Harmon became Rokesmith.
2. What does Rogue Riderhood accuse Jesse Hexam of and tell Mortimer and Eugene in Book 1, Chapter 12?
3. Describe Charley's conflict in Book 2, Chapter 6.
4. Describe Miss Peecher.
5. Describe the Lammles' startling discovery about themselves in Book 1, Chapter 10.
6. What does Lightwood discover when he goes to find the sender of the note in Book 1, Chapter 3?
7. Describe Bradley Headstone.
8. Why is the river important to Jessie Hexam?
9. What is Mrs. Lammle's scheme to trick Georgiana in Book 2, Chapter 4?
10. Describe Mr. Venus.
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)