|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the parents of Georgiana treat poorly at her birthday party?
(a) A mysterious woman.
(b) An old beggar.
(c) A foreign man.
(d) Her lover.
2. Who is Rokesmith supposed to marry?
(a) Bella Wilfer.
(b) Georgiana Podsnap.
(c) Lizzie Hexam.
(d) Jenny Wren.
3. Who is killed mistakenly according to Rokesmith?
4. Who does Rokesmith refuse to communicate with in Book 1, Chapter 16?
5. What is Abby's rule about drinking?
(a) She does not have any.
(b) The tap is unlimited.
(c) All broken glass must be paid for immediately.
(d) The men can drink as much as their wives will let them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Charley think would make a better teacher for Lizzie?
2. . Who settles in with the Boffins in Book 2, Chapter 8?
3. Whose boat does Eugene see empty lying near the Hexam home?
4. Who convinces Boffin to take him home to have a drink in Book 2, Chapter 7?
5. For whom does Rokesmith try to arrange schooling in Book 2, Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the arrangement Betty makes with the Boffins in Book 2, Chapter 14.
2. Describe Bradley Headstone.
3. Describe Charley's conflict in Book 2, Chapter 6.
4. In the office where Mortimer and Eugene are sitting, what is revealed about Lizzie in Book 2, Chapter 6?
5. Why is the river important to Jessie Hexam?
6. Why is Charley annoyed with his sister in Book 2, Chapter 15?
7. Describe Bradley's interaction with Lizzie in Book 2, Chapter 15.
8. Describe Mrs. Veneering.
9. Describe Rokesmith's relationship with Mrs. Boffin.
10. Describe Silas Wegg.
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)