|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Silas Wegg talk about his amputation in Book 1, Chapter 7?
(a) Mr. Hexam.
(b) Mr. Boffin.
(c) Mr. Harmon.
(d) Mr. Venus.
2. What does the man who bothers Silas Wegg want to learn from him?
(a) How to dance.
(b) How to read.
(c) How to fight.
(d) How to spell.
3. Who bothers Silas Wegg?
(a) Abby Potterson.
(b) Mr. Venus.
(c) Noddy Boffin.
(d) John Harmon.
4. What is Jessie Hexam also known as?
5. What is Abby's rule about drinking?
(a) The men can drink as much as their wives will let them.
(b) The tap is unlimited.
(c) She does not have any.
(d) All broken glass must be paid for immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Noddy Boffin see when he gets home in Book 1, Chapter 9?
2. Who is the rich man in Book 1, Chapter 11 who has a daughter called Georgiana and is full of himself?
3. What does Silas Wegg do on a London corner?
4. What do Alfred and his new wife discover soon after their marriage about each other?
5. Who does Abby talk to about leaving the family business?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Harmon became Rokesmith.
2. Describe the social situation at the Veneering party in Book 1, Chapter 2.
3. Why is the river important to Jessie Hexam?
4. In Chapter 9, what does Boffin and his wife wish to do something for others?
5. What does Lightwood discover when he goes to find the sender of the note in Book 1, Chapter 3?
6. Describe Silas Wegg.
7. Describe Lizzie Hexam.
8. Describe Bradley Headstone.
9. Why is Charley annoyed with his sister in Book 2, Chapter 15?
10. Describe Abby Potterson.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)