|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who discovers that Georgiana is very shy at her birthday party?
(a) Sophronia Lammle.
(b) John Harmon.
(c) Mr. Podsnap.
(d) Alfred Lammle.
2. What does the child unfortunately have that Rokesmith discovers in Book 2, Chapter 9?
(a) Health problems.
(b) A lying tendency.
(d) A bad temper.
3. Who are the Veneerings friends with?
(a) Mortimer Lightwood.
(b) Lizzie Hexam.
(c) Melvin Twemlow.
(d) Jessie Hexam.
4. What does Mrs. Veneering want to see in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) A show at the opera.
(b) The coronation of the Prince.
(c) Her husband in Parliament.
(d) A performance by her brother.
5. Whose boat does Eugene see empty lying near the Hexam home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Abby talk to about leaving the family business?
2. Who is Alfred Lammle going to marry in Book 1, Chapter 10?
3. Where does Mrs. Veneering go with Mr. Podsnap in Book 2, Chapter 3?
4. From whom do the Boffins acquire an orphan in Book 1, Chapter 16?
5. What did Boffin first think a secretary was?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Harmon became Rokesmith.
2. Describe Charley's conflict in Book 2, Chapter 6.
3. In Chapter 9, what does Boffin and his wife wish to do something for others?
4. Describe Lizzie Hexam.
5. What is Mrs. Lammle's scheme to trick Georgiana in Book 2, Chapter 4?
6. Why is Charley annoyed with his sister in Book 2, Chapter 15?
7. Describe the inhabitants of the Boffin household by Book 1, Chapter 17.
8. Describe the Gaffer.
9. Describe Bella's role in John Harmon's fortune in Book 1, Chapter 4.
10. How does Silas appear deceptive in Book 2, Chapter 7?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)