|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has decided to complete his studies in Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Eugene Fox.
(b) Alfred Lammles.
(c) Charley Hexam.
(d) Mortimer Lighthouse.
2. What does Bradley Headstone try to convince Lizzie to accept?
(a) A new position at the school.
(b) Money as a loan.
(c) An engagement ring.
(d) Him as her teacher.
3. Who does Abby talk to about leaving the family business?
4. What do Alfred and his new wife discover soon after their marriage about each other?
(a) They are both illegitimate.
(b) They are both wealthy.
(c) They are both not wealthy.
(d) They are both divorced.
5. Who offers to work as a secretary?
(a) John Rokesmith.
(b) Jessie Hexam.
(c) Mortimer Lightwood.
(d) Noddy Boffin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is killed mistakenly according to Rokesmith?
2. Who does Charley think would make a better teacher for Lizzie?
3. Why is Bella resentful towards Rokesmith?
4. What does the child unfortunately have that Rokesmith discovers in Book 2, Chapter 9?
5. In Book 2, Chapter 12, who does Rogue go to live with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eugene reveal his interest in Lizzie in Book 1, Chapter 13?
2. Describe Silas Wegg.
3. What is Mrs. Lammle's scheme to trick Georgiana in Book 2, Chapter 4?
4. Describe Rokesmith's relationship with Mrs. Boffin.
5. Describe Charley's conflict in Book 2, Chapter 6.
6. Describe Bradley Headstone.
7. What is Bella's new life at the Boffins like?
8. Describe the man who comes to the Riderhood residence in Book 2, Chapter 12.
9. What does Lightwood discover when he goes to find the sender of the note in Book 1, Chapter 3?
10. Describe the Gaffer.
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)