|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is jealous of his or her sibling's success with the Boffins in Book 2, Chapter 8?
2. Who is Jenny Wren?
(a) A Congress woman.
(b) A preacher's wife.
(c) A singer.
(d) A doll's dressmaker.
3. What does the child unfortunately have that Rokesmith discovers in Book 2, Chapter 9?
(a) Health problems.
(b) A bad temper.
(c) A lying tendency.
4. Who offers to work as a secretary?
(a) Jessie Hexam.
(b) Noddy Boffin.
(c) John Rokesmith.
(d) Mortimer Lightwood.
5. Who is George Radfoot?
(a) An accountant Rogue killed.
(b) A sailor Rogue knew.
(c) A teacher Rogue had.
(d) A Gaffer Rogue employed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bella resentful towards Rokesmith?
2. Who is killed mistakenly according to Rokesmith?
3. What do the Boffins show their visitor related to John Harmon?
4. Where does Mrs. Veneering go with Mr. Podsnap in Book 2, Chapter 3?
5. Who does Eugene have dinner with in Book 1, Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the office where Mortimer and Eugene are sitting, what is revealed about Lizzie in Book 2, Chapter 6?
2. Describe Mr. Venus.
3. Describe the Gaffer.
4. Describe Miss Peecher.
5. Describe how Harmon became Rokesmith.
6. What is John Rokesmith's new role at the Boffins'?
7. What is Bella's new life at the Boffins like?
8. Describe Mr. Sloppy.
9. What does Lightwood discover when he goes to find the sender of the note in Book 1, Chapter 3?
10. Describe Mrs. Veneering.
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)