|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes to talk to Fledgeby in Book 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Mortimer Lightwood.
(b) Jessie Hexam.
(c) Noddy Boffin.
(d) Alfred Lammle.
2. What plans does Mr. Venus discuss with Boffin's guest in Book 2, Chapter 7?
(a) To figure out how to take over power from the Hexams.
(b) To figure out how to steal money from Mortimer.
(c) To figure out how to rob the Jenkins of their eggs.
(d) To figure out if there is anything valuable in the Bower.
3. Who offers to work as a secretary?
(a) Jessie Hexam.
(b) Mortimer Lightwood.
(c) Noddy Boffin.
(d) John Rokesmith.
4. Who do the parents of Georgiana treat poorly at her birthday party?
(a) A mysterious woman.
(b) An old beggar.
(c) A foreign man.
(d) Her lover.
5. Who does Noddy Boffin see when he gets home in Book 1, Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Boffin want her husband's tutor to give up in return for money?
2. What is Abby's rule about drinking?
3. Who is Charley worried about in Book 2, Chapter 1?
4. Who does Eugene see through the window at the Hexam home?
5. Who does Eugene have dinner with in Book 1, Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Gaffer.
2. Describe Bella's role in John Harmon's fortune in Book 1, Chapter 4.
3. How does Eugene reveal his interest in Lizzie in Book 1, Chapter 13?
4. Describe the inhabitants of the Boffin household by Book 1, Chapter 17.
5. Why is Charley annoyed with his sister in Book 2, Chapter 15?
6. Describe how Harmon became Rokesmith.
7. Describe Mr. Sloppy.
8. In Chapter 9, what does Boffin and his wife wish to do something for others?
9. Describe Abby Potterson.
10. Describe the man who comes to the Riderhood residence in Book 2, Chapter 12.
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)