|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 2, Chapter 12, who does Rogue go to live with?
2. What is the name of the Veneering's lawyer?
(a) Melvin Twemlow.
(b) Mortimer Lightwood.
(c) Lizzie Hexam.
(d) Jessie Hexam.
3. What does Silas Wegg do on a London corner?
(a) Dance non-stop.
(b) Play music.
(c) Fight with locals.
(d) Set up a small shop.
4. What does Mrs. Boffin want her husband's tutor to give up in return for money?
(a) His books.
(b) His glasses.
(c) His stall.
(d) His magnifying lens.
5. What is the rumor about Jessie Hexam finding bodies in the river?
(a) He steals from them.
(b) He jinxes them.
(c) He pretends to find them.
(d) He hastens their death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Boffin offer the position of secretary to in Book 1, Chapter 15?
2. Who bothers Silas Wegg?
3. Why is Bella resentful towards Rokesmith?
4. Whose boat does Eugene see empty lying near the Hexam home?
5. Who is Rokesmith supposed to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mr. Sloppy.
2. What happens when Bella visits her father at his office in Book 3, Chapter 16?
3. What happens to Rogue in Book 3, Chapters 2 and 3?
4. How does Riah show that Rogue is a villain in Book 3, Chapter 2?
5. Describe Silas Wegg.
6. Describe Abby Potterson.
7. What does Rogue Riderhood accuse Jesse Hexam of and tell Mortimer and Eugene in Book 1, Chapter 12?
8. Describe Eugene Wrayburn's visit to Jenny Wren's store in Book 3, Chapter 10.
9. In the office where Mortimer and Eugene are sitting, what is revealed about Lizzie in Book 2, Chapter 6?
10. Describe the Lammles' startling discovery about themselves in Book 1, Chapter 10.
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)