|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom are Eugene and Mortimer worried about the rumors around Jessie will affect?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Boffin.
(b) Jessie's family.
(c) Eugene's family.
(d) Lizzie and her suitor.
2. Who convinces Boffin to take him home to have a drink in Book 2, Chapter 7?
3. Who is the lodger staying with the Wilfers that the Boffins consider a mutual friend?
(a) Charley Hexam.
(b) John Rokesmith.
(c) Jessie Hexam.
(d) Eugene Fox.
4. What is Abby's rule about drinking?
(a) All broken glass must be paid for immediately.
(b) She does not have any.
(c) The tap is unlimited.
(d) The men can drink as much as their wives will let them.
5. Who does Eugene have dinner with in Book 1, Chapter 12?
(a) Alfred Lammle.
(b) John Harmon.
(c) Mr. Podsnap.
(d) Mortimer Lightwood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes to talk to Fledgeby in Book 2, Chapter 5?
2. Where are Mortimer Lightwood and Eugene Wrayburn sitting when they discuss their office space?
3. What does Jessie pull out of the water?
4. Who is the teacher in love with Bradley Headstone in Book 2, Chapter 11?
5. Who is Alfred Lammle going to marry in Book 1, Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Charley afraid of in Book 4, Chapter 7?
2. What is John Rokesmith's new role at the Boffins'?
3. Why is Charley annoyed with his sister in Book 2, Chapter 15?
4. In Chapter 9, what does Boffin and his wife wish to do something for others?
5. What is the scheme that the Lammles come up with in Book 3, Chapter 12?
6. What happens when Bradley goes in search of Eugene in Book 4, Chapter 1?
7. Describe Abby Potterson.
8. Describe Mr. Venus.
9. Describe how Boffin is warned about Wegg's behavior in Book 4, Chapter 3 of Book 4.
10. Describe Charley's conflict in Book 2, Chapter 6.
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)