Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 1, Chapter 14, who does Eugene find dead?
(a) Mr. Boffin.
2. What did Rogue apparently receive for betraying Gaffer Hexam?
(a) Blood money.
(b) A house.
(c) A boat.
(d) His own chest of coins.
3. What do the Boffins show their visitor related to John Harmon?
(a) The room kept for him.
(b) His letters and books.
(c) His clothes and toys.
(d) His savings and accounts.
4. What does Mrs. Boffin want her husband's tutor to give up in return for money?
(a) His books.
(b) His magnifying lens.
(c) His stall.
(d) His glasses.
5. . Who settles in with the Boffins in Book 2, Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does John Rokesmith meet with in Book 2, Chapter 9 about the orphan for adoption?
2. What does the lawyer talk about?
3. Who offers to work as a secretary?
4. Who does Eugene see through the window at the Hexam home?
5. For whom does Rokesmith try to arrange schooling in Book 2, Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Lammles' startling discovery about themselves in Book 1, Chapter 10.
2. In the office where Mortimer and Eugene are sitting, what is revealed about Lizzie in Book 2, Chapter 6?
3. Describe how Harmon became Rokesmith.
4. Why is the river important to Jessie Hexam?
5. What does Bella talk to her father about at his wedding anniversary in Book 3, Chapter 4?
6. In Chapter 9, what does Boffin and his wife wish to do something for others?
7. Describe how Boffin is warned about Wegg's behavior in Book 4, Chapter 3 of Book 4.
8. Why does John Rokesmith refuse to see Mortimer?
9. Describe the arrangement Betty makes with the Boffins in Book 2, Chapter 14.
10. How does Wegg fail in his plan of humiliating Noddy Boffin in Book 4, Chapter 14?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)