|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the visitor who comes to see Eugene say about Jessie Hexam?
(a) He is deathly ill by the anthrax poison he was exposed to.
(b) He drowned in the river with floating bodies.
(c) He murdered John Harmon and confessed his crime.
(d) He was kidnapped and is being tortured by the Wilfers.
2. What does the child unfortunately have that Rokesmith discovers in Book 2, Chapter 9?
(a) A bad temper.
(b) Health problems.
(d) A lying tendency.
3. Who has Mr. Boffin and his wife not seen since the person was a little child?
(a) Silas Wegg.
(b) John Harmon.
(c) Lizzie Hexam.
(d) Abby Potterson.
4. What does Jenny Wren want in Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) To own her own shop.
(b) To be appreciated.
(c) To buy a house.
(d) To get married.
5. Whom does Rokesmith show interest in Book 2, Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rokesmith do after the death of the little orphan?
2. Who is the teacher in love with Bradley Headstone in Book 2, Chapter 11?
3. What is the name of the Veneering's lawyer?
4. In Book 1, Chapter 10, where are wedding preparations underway?
5. Who goes to talk to Fledgeby in Book 2, Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Podsnaps.
2. Describe Bradley Headstone.
3. Describe Abby Potterson.
4. Describe Mrs. Veneering.
5. In the office where Mortimer and Eugene are sitting, what is revealed about Lizzie in Book 2, Chapter 6?
6. Describe Miss Peecher.
7. Describe the man who comes to the Riderhood residence in Book 2, Chapter 12.
8. Describe Mr. Sloppy.
9. Describe how Harmon became Rokesmith.
10. Describe Lightwood's conversation with Mr. Boffin in Book 1, Chapter 8.
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)