|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is killed mistakenly according to Rokesmith?
2. Where are Mortimer Lightwood and Eugene Wrayburn sitting when they discuss their office space?
(a) Mortimer's office.
(b) Jessie' office.
(c) Alfred's office.
(d) Eugene's office.
3. Who is Rokesmith supposed to marry?
(a) Georgiana Podsnap.
(b) Bella Wilfer.
(c) Jenny Wren.
(d) Lizzie Hexam.
4. Who is the customer that Abby berates?
(a) Mr. Venus.
(b) Mr. Rogue Riderhood.
(c) Mr. Boffin.
(d) John Harmon.
5. What does the lawyer talk about?
(a) A court injunction against his son.
(b) A lawsuit by the poor.
(c) A divorce from his wife.
(d) A rich son and his inheritance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eugene see through the window at the Hexam home?
2. Who does Rokesmith refuse to communicate with in Book 1, Chapter 16?
3. Whose boat does Eugene see empty lying near the Hexam home?
4. Who is the headmaster of the school in Book 2, Chapter 1?
5. What did Boffin first think a secretary was?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the inhabitants of the Boffin household by Book 1, Chapter 17.
2. In Chapter 9, what does Boffin and his wife wish to do something for others?
3. Describe Bella's role in John Harmon's fortune in Book 1, Chapter 4.
4. Describe Lightwood's conversation with Mr. Boffin in Book 1, Chapter 8.
5. Describe the arrangement Betty makes with the Boffins in Book 2, Chapter 14.
6. Describe the man who comes to the Riderhood residence in Book 2, Chapter 12.
7. What does Rogue Riderhood accuse Jesse Hexam of and tell Mortimer and Eugene in Book 1, Chapter 12?
8. In the office where Mortimer and Eugene are sitting, what is revealed about Lizzie in Book 2, Chapter 6?
9. Describe Mr. Sloppy.
10. What is Mrs. Lammle's scheme to trick Georgiana in Book 2, Chapter 4?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)