|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bella insist that she must marry for?
2. Who has decided to complete his studies in Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Alfred Lammles.
(b) Charley Hexam.
(c) Mortimer Lighthouse.
(d) Eugene Fox.
3. . Who settles in with the Boffins in Book 2, Chapter 8?
4. To whom does Silas Wegg talk about his amputation in Book 1, Chapter 7?
(a) Mr. Venus.
(b) Mr. Hexam.
(c) Mr. Harmon.
(d) Mr. Boffin.
5. What did Boffin first think a secretary was?
(a) A piece of furniture.
(b) An accountant.
(c) A military leader.
(d) A lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the tavern where Miss Abbey Potterson is a manager?
2. What plans does Mr. Venus discuss with Boffin's guest in Book 2, Chapter 7?
3. Who is the headmaster of the school in Book 2, Chapter 1?
4. Whose stubbornness lay in the way of Lizzie's advancement?
5. What do Alfred and his new wife discover soon after their marriage about each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bella's role in John Harmon's fortune in Book 1, Chapter 4.
2. Describe Mrs. Veneering.
3. How does Eugene reveal his interest in Lizzie in Book 1, Chapter 13?
4. Describe Abby Potterson.
5. How does Jenny help Fledgeby in Book 4, Chapter 8?
6. Describe how Boffin is warned about Wegg's behavior in Book 4, Chapter 3 of Book 4.
7. What does Lightwood discover when he goes to find the sender of the note in Book 1, Chapter 3?
8. Describe Riah's interaction with Fledgeby and Lammle in Book 3, Chapter 1.
9. Describe Silas Wegg.
10. Describe the arrangement Betty makes with the Boffins in Book 2, Chapter 14.
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)