|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jessie say has given his livelihood?
(a) The bank manager.
(b) His father.
(c) The river.
(d) The town.
2. What does Eugene Wrayburn offer Lizzie?
(a) A marriage proposal.
(b) An education at her boardinghouse.
(c) A house of her own.
(d) A new set of clothes.
3. Who is the rich man in Book 1, Chapter 11 who has a daughter called Georgiana and is full of himself?
(a) Alfred Lammle.
(b) Eugene Fox.
(c) John Harmon.
(d) John Podsnap.
4. Who goes to talk to Fledgeby in Book 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Alfred Lammle.
(b) Jessie Hexam.
(c) Mortimer Lightwood.
(d) Noddy Boffin.
5. Where are Mortimer Lightwood and Eugene Wrayburn sitting when they discuss their office space?
(a) Eugene's office.
(b) Alfred's office.
(c) Mortimer's office.
(d) Jessie' office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rogue recognize about the man who comes to visit him in Book 2, Chapter 12?
2. Who is the man that is infatuated with Georgiana according to Mrs. Lammle?
3. Who discovers that Georgiana is very shy at her birthday party?
4. Who does John Rokesmith meet with in Book 2, Chapter 9 about the orphan for adoption?
5. What is the name of the little orphan that the Boffins are going to adopt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bella's new life at the Boffins like?
2. How does Eugene reveal his interest in Lizzie in Book 1, Chapter 13?
3. Describe Silas Wegg.
4. Describe the Gaffer.
5. Describe Mr. Venus.
6. Describe Charley's conflict in Book 2, Chapter 6.
7. Describe the arrangement Betty makes with the Boffins in Book 2, Chapter 14.
8. Why is Charley annoyed with his sister in Book 2, Chapter 15?
9. Describe Lightwood's conversation with Mr. Boffin in Book 1, Chapter 8.
10. Describe Bradley Headstone.
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)