|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bradley Headstone try to convince Lizzie to accept?
(a) A new position at the school.
(b) Money as a loan.
(c) An engagement ring.
(d) Him as her teacher.
2. What did Rogue apparently receive for betraying Gaffer Hexam?
(a) A boat.
(b) A house.
(c) His own chest of coins.
(d) Blood money.
3. Who offers to work as a secretary?
(a) Noddy Boffin.
(b) John Rokesmith.
(c) Mortimer Lightwood.
(d) Jessie Hexam.
4. Where are Mortimer Lightwood and Eugene Wrayburn sitting when they discuss their office space?
(a) Jessie' office.
(b) Mortimer's office.
(c) Alfred's office.
(d) Eugene's office.
5. What is Abby's rule about drinking?
(a) The tap is unlimited.
(b) All broken glass must be paid for immediately.
(c) She does not have any.
(d) The men can drink as much as their wives will let them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Lammle congratulate for acting as matchmaker for Georgiana?
2. . Who settles in with the Boffins in Book 2, Chapter 8?
3. What plans does Mr. Venus discuss with Boffin's guest in Book 2, Chapter 7?
4. What does Jenny Wren want in Book 2, Chapter 1?
5. Who does Mrs. Lammle try to get closer to in Book 2, Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Silas appear deceptive in Book 2, Chapter 7?
2. Why is Charley annoyed with his sister in Book 2, Chapter 15?
3. Describe the Gaffer.
4. Describe Charley's conflict in Book 2, Chapter 6.
5. Describe the man who comes to the Riderhood residence in Book 2, Chapter 12.
6. Describe Abby Potterson.
7. Describe Bradley's interaction with Lizzie in Book 2, Chapter 15.
8. What is John Rokesmith's new role at the Boffins'?
9. Describe Mr. Venus.
10. In Chapter 9, what does Boffin and his wife wish to do something for others?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)