|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Veneering go with Mr. Podsnap in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Bridget's Cross.
2. Who does Charley think would make a better teacher for Lizzie?
(a) Lizzie Hexam.
(b) Bradley Headstone.
(c) Mortimer Lightwood.
(d) Alfred Lammle.
3. What do Alfred and his new wife discover soon after their marriage about each other?
(a) They are both divorced.
(b) They are both illegitimate.
(c) They are both not wealthy.
(d) They are both wealthy.
4. Who is Alfred Lammle going to marry in Book 1, Chapter 10?
5. Who is Rokesmith supposed to marry?
(a) Bella Wilfer.
(b) Jenny Wren.
(c) Lizzie Hexam.
(d) Georgiana Podsnap.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Rokesmith try to arrange schooling in Book 2, Chapter 14?
2. What do the Boffins show their visitor related to John Harmon?
3. What does Mrs. Veneering want to see in Book 2, Chapter 3?
4. In Book 1, Chapter 14, who does Eugene find dead?
5. Who convinces Boffin to take him home to have a drink in Book 2, Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bradley Headstone.
2. Describe the arrangement Betty makes with the Boffins in Book 2, Chapter 14.
3. Describe Miss Peecher.
4. Describe the inhabitants of the Boffin household by Book 1, Chapter 17.
5. How does Silas appear deceptive in Book 2, Chapter 7?
6. What is John Rokesmith's new role at the Boffins'?
7. Why is Charley annoyed with his sister in Book 2, Chapter 15?
8. Describe Bella's role in John Harmon's fortune in Book 1, Chapter 4.
9. Describe Bradley's interaction with Lizzie in Book 2, Chapter 15.
10. Describe the Gaffer.
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)