|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Mortimer Lightwood and Eugene Wrayburn sitting when they discuss their office space?
(a) Alfred's office.
(b) Eugene's office.
(c) Mortimer's office.
(d) Jessie' office.
2. What does Mrs. Boffin want her husband's tutor to give up in return for money?
(a) His books.
(b) His magnifying lens.
(c) His glasses.
(d) His stall.
3. What is the rumor about Jessie Hexam finding bodies in the river?
(a) He steals from them.
(b) He hastens their death.
(c) He pretends to find them.
(d) He jinxes them.
4. Who is the rich man in Book 1, Chapter 11 who has a daughter called Georgiana and is full of himself?
(a) Alfred Lammle.
(b) John Podsnap.
(c) John Harmon.
(d) Eugene Fox.
5. Who is paying for Lizzie's education?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is George Radfoot?
2. What plans does Mr. Venus discuss with Boffin's guest in Book 2, Chapter 7?
3. Who sent the note to the lawyer about the dead body?
4. What is the name of the Veneering's lawyer?
5. In Book 1, Chapter 10, where are wedding preparations underway?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Podsnaps.
2. In the office where Mortimer and Eugene are sitting, what is revealed about Lizzie in Book 2, Chapter 6?
3. Describe the arrangement Betty makes with the Boffins in Book 2, Chapter 14.
4. Describe the inhabitants of the Boffin household by Book 1, Chapter 17.
5. What is Bella's new life at the Boffins like?
6. Describe the Lammles' startling discovery about themselves in Book 1, Chapter 10.
7. Describe Mrs. Veneering.
8. Describe Rokesmith's relationship with Mrs. Boffin.
9. Why is Charley annoyed with his sister in Book 2, Chapter 15?
10. Describe Lightwood's conversation with Mr. Boffin in Book 1, Chapter 8.
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)