|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is killed mistakenly according to Rokesmith?
2. After recovering from the death of the young orphan, who decides to leave the Boffin residence?
(a) Georgiana Podsnap.
(b) Bella Wilfer.
(c) Betty Hidgen.
(d) Mrs. Lammle.
3. Who is Jessie traveling with on the Thames River?
(a) His business partner.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His son.
(d) His wife.
4. What plans does Mr. Venus discuss with Boffin's guest in Book 2, Chapter 7?
(a) To figure out how to take over power from the Hexams.
(b) To figure out how to rob the Jenkins of their eggs.
(c) To figure out if there is anything valuable in the Bower.
(d) To figure out how to steal money from Mortimer.
5. Who do the Boffins decide to take under their care?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to work as a secretary?
2. Who is the rich man in Book 1, Chapter 11 who has a daughter called Georgiana and is full of himself?
3. Who does Noddy Boffin see when he gets home in Book 1, Chapter 9?
4. . Who settles in with the Boffins in Book 2, Chapter 8?
5. What did Rogue apparently receive for betraying Gaffer Hexam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Lammles' startling discovery about themselves in Book 1, Chapter 10.
2. Describe how Harmon became Rokesmith.
3. How does Eugene reveal his interest in Lizzie in Book 1, Chapter 13?
4. Describe Bradley Headstone.
5. Describe Mr. Venus.
6. Describe Miss Peecher.
7. Describe Charley's conflict in Book 2, Chapter 6.
8. Describe Rokesmith's relationship with Mrs. Boffin.
9. In Chapter 9, what does Boffin and his wife wish to do something for others?
10. Describe Bradley's interaction with Lizzie in Book 2, Chapter 15.
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)