|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Charley worried about in Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) His friend.
(b) His sister.
(c) His lover.
(d) His mother.
2. Who does Abby talk to about leaving the family business?
3. What does the visitor who comes to see Eugene say about Jessie Hexam?
(a) He drowned in the river with floating bodies.
(b) He murdered John Harmon and confessed his crime.
(c) He was kidnapped and is being tortured by the Wilfers.
(d) He is deathly ill by the anthrax poison he was exposed to.
4. Who is the man that is infatuated with Georgiana according to Mrs. Lammle?
5. Who is the woman that was supposed to marry the dead man?
(a) Mary Holden.
(b) Bella Wilfer.
(c) Becca Tristen.
(d) Lizzie Hexam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rokesmith supposed to marry?
2. In Book 2, Chapter 12, who does Rogue go to live with?
3. What does Eugene Wrayburn offer Lizzie?
4. Whose stubbornness lay in the way of Lizzie's advancement?
5. Who is the rich man in Book 1, Chapter 11 who has a daughter called Georgiana and is full of himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Miss Peecher.
2. Describe Mr. Sloppy.
3. What does Lightwood discover when he goes to find the sender of the note in Book 1, Chapter 3?
4. In the office where Mortimer and Eugene are sitting, what is revealed about Lizzie in Book 2, Chapter 6?
5. What is Mrs. Lammle's scheme to trick Georgiana in Book 2, Chapter 4?
6. What is John Rokesmith's new role at the Boffins'?
7. Why is Charley annoyed with his sister in Book 2, Chapter 15?
8. Describe the arrangement Betty makes with the Boffins in Book 2, Chapter 14.
9. Describe how Harmon became Rokesmith.
10. Describe Bella's role in John Harmon's fortune in Book 1, Chapter 4.
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)