|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eugene Wrayburn offer Lizzie?
(a) A new set of clothes.
(b) A marriage proposal.
(c) An education at her boardinghouse.
(d) A house of her own.
2. What is the rumor about Jessie Hexam finding bodies in the river?
(a) He steals from them.
(b) He hastens their death.
(c) He jinxes them.
(d) He pretends to find them.
3. What is the name of the little orphan that the Boffins are going to adopt?
4. Who is the customer that Abby berates?
(a) Mr. Venus.
(b) John Harmon.
(c) Mr. Rogue Riderhood.
(d) Mr. Boffin.
5. Who discovers that Georgiana is very shy at her birthday party?
(a) John Harmon.
(b) Mr. Podsnap.
(c) Sophronia Lammle.
(d) Alfred Lammle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Abby's rule about drinking?
2. What did Boffin first think a secretary was?
3. Who does Mr. Boffin offer the position of secretary to in Book 1, Chapter 15?
4. Who has Mr. Boffin and his wife not seen since the person was a little child?
5. What do Alfred and his new wife discover soon after their marriage about each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Podsnaps.
2. In Chapter 9, what does Boffin and his wife wish to do something for others?
3. Why is the river important to Jessie Hexam?
4. Describe the arrangement Betty makes with the Boffins in Book 2, Chapter 14.
5. Describe the man who comes to the Riderhood residence in Book 2, Chapter 12.
6. Describe Mrs. Veneering.
7. What does Lightwood discover when he goes to find the sender of the note in Book 1, Chapter 3?
8. Describe the inhabitants of the Boffin household by Book 1, Chapter 17.
9. Describe Silas Wegg.
10. What is Mrs. Lammle's scheme to trick Georgiana in Book 2, Chapter 4?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)