|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rogue recognize about the man who comes to visit him in Book 2, Chapter 12?
(a) His manner of speaking.
(b) His blue eyes.
(c) His long hair.
(d) His knife and coat.
2. After recovering from the death of the young orphan, who decides to leave the Boffin residence?
(a) Betty Hidgen.
(b) Georgiana Podsnap.
(c) Mrs. Lammle.
(d) Bella Wilfer.
3. Who does not appear to approve of Bradley Headstone at the school?
(a) Jenny Wren.
(b) Lizzie Hexam.
(c) Georgiania Podshap.
(d) Miss Peecher.
4. Who does Rokesmith refuse to communicate with in Book 1, Chapter 16?
5. What does Mrs. Boffin want her husband's tutor to give up in return for money?
(a) His stall.
(b) His books.
(c) His glasses.
(d) His magnifying lens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Veneering want to see in Book 2, Chapter 3?
2. Who offers to work as a secretary?
3. Who does Eugene have dinner with in Book 1, Chapter 12?
4. Who does John Rokesmith meet with in Book 2, Chapter 9 about the orphan for adoption?
5. What does the child unfortunately have that Rokesmith discovers in Book 2, Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eugene reveal his interest in Lizzie in Book 1, Chapter 13?
2. What is Mrs. Lammle's scheme to trick Georgiana in Book 2, Chapter 4?
3. How does Bella show that you can be poor yet happy in her marriage choice in Book 4, Chapter 4?
4. How does Silas appear deceptive in Book 2, Chapter 7?
5. Describe the arrangement Betty makes with the Boffins in Book 2, Chapter 14.
6. Describe Eugene Wrayburn's visit to Jenny Wren's store in Book 3, Chapter 10.
7. Describe how Wegg torments Boffin in Book 4, Chapter 3.
8. Why is the river important to Jessie Hexam?
9. How does Riah show that Rogue is a villain in Book 3, Chapter 2?
10. In Chapter 9, what does Boffin and his wife wish to do something for others?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)