|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 3, Chapter 1, who goes to visit Fledgeby with a payment?
2. What does Bradley think the priest is for in Book 4, Chapter 11?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A coronation.
(c) A christening.
(d) A funeral.
3. What happens when Headstone gets angry in Book 4, Chapter 1?
(a) His nose bleeds.
(b) He starts shouting.
(c) He falls down.
(d) He has a heart attack.
4. Who does Alfred Lammle scheme with in Book 3, Chapter 12?
(c) His teacher.
(d) His wife.
5. Where does Rogue work in Book 4, Chapter 7?
(a) Plashwater Weir Mill Lock.
(b) Boffin mansion.
(c) Lammle residence.
(d) Angler's Inn.
6. What is Headstone's disguise in Book 4, Chapter 1?
7. Who has declared love for Bella according to Mrs. Lammle in Book 3, Chapter 12?
8. What does Bella ask her father to pretend in Book 4, Chapter 4?
(a) That he had not kidnapped her brother.
(b) That he disapproved of her marriage.
(c) That he did not know she was pregnant.
(d) That he did not attend the wedding.
9. What does Charley Hexam tell Headstone about Wrayburn in Book 4, Chapter 7?
(a) That he is believed to be dead.
(b) That he is going to fight him.
(c) That he is sick from pneumonia.
(d) That he is now married.
10. What does Mrs. Boffin think her husband is becoming in Book 3, Chapter 5?
(a) A pauper.
(b) A widower.
(c) A fool.
(d) A miser.
11. Who says that he has been a slave for too long in Book 4, Chapter 3?
12. Who is devastated to hear of the unfortunate circumstances of friends in Book 4, Chapter 2?
13. What does Mrs. Lammle say is only a screen for Fledgeby in Book 3, Chapter 17?
(a) That Mrs. Boffin is a pauper.
(b) That Fledgeby is a hypochondriac.
(c) That Twemlow owes Riah money.
(d) That Riah is a miser.
14. What does Rogue tell Headstone about Wrayburn in Book 4, Chapter 7?
(a) His body was found by Lizzie.
(b) He is bankrupt.
(c) He has moved to Ireland.
(d) He has given up his pursuit of women.
15. What does Boffin like to talk about in Book 3, Chapter 14?
(a) His will.
(b) His wealth.
(c) His fears.
(d) His death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wegg bitter about as he stands outside the Boffin residence?
2. Who has been helping out at the Bower along with Silas in Book 3, Chapter 14?
3. Who comes to talk to Fledgeby in Book 3, Chapter 1?
4. What is Jenny offered by her visitor at the store in Book 4, Chapter 7?
5. Whose salary is Mrs. Boffin discussing with Rokesmith in Book 3, Chapter 5?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)