|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose salary is Mrs. Boffin discussing with Rokesmith in Book 3, Chapter 5?
2. When Mr. and Mrs. Lammle's property is about to be auctioned off, who does Mrs. Lammle go to visit in Book 3, Chapter 17?
3. Who tells Jenny that he is now free of servitude to Fledgeby in Book 4, Chapter 9?
4. What does Bradley think the priest is for in Book 4, Chapter 11?
(a) A coronation.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A christening.
(d) A wedding.
5. Who does Lizzie tell Bella that she wants to talk to?
(a) The man who saved her sister.
(b) The man who rescued her brother.
(c) The man who cleared her father's name.
(d) The man who fought her suitor.
6. What does Bella tell John in Book 4, Chapter 5?
(a) She does not like being married.
(b) She is afraid of heights.
(c) She does not love him anymore.
(d) She might be pregnant.
7. What does Jenny warn Riah about in Book 3, Chapter 13?
(a) Bad weather approaching.
(b) Harming Lizzie in any way.
(c) A possible fight between the two visitors.
(d) lawsuit for assaulting his friend.
8. Who says that he has been a slave for too long in Book 4, Chapter 3?
9. What does Bella realize about money in Book 4, Chapter 16?
(a) Money is inherited.
(b) Money does not bring happiness.
(c) Money depends upon energy.
(d) Money requires good luck.
10. What does Bella yell at Mr. Boffin in Book 3, Chapter 15?
(a) His money has ruined him.
(b) You are a liar and a thief!
(c) You will be sorry!
(d) I hate you!
11. What does Rogue tell Headstone about Wrayburn in Book 4, Chapter 7?
(a) He has moved to Ireland.
(b) He is bankrupt.
(c) He has given up his pursuit of women.
(d) His body was found by Lizzie.
12. What is Wegg bitter about as he stands outside the Boffin residence?
(a) His lack of success.
(b) His broken heart.
(c) His lost years.
(d) Their advantages.
13. Who comes with a message to Jenny from Lizzie Hexam in Book 4, Chapter 9?
14. What happens when Headstone gets angry in Book 4, Chapter 1?
(a) He has a heart attack.
(b) He falls down.
(c) His nose bleeds.
(d) He starts shouting.
15. What assumption is made about Rokesmith concerning his affection for Bella in Book 3, Chapter 15?
(a) He is too passionate.
(b) He is deceptive.
(c) He is fickle.
(d) He just wants her money.
Short Answer Questions
1. In whose arms does the traveler die in Book 3, Chapter 8?
2. In Book 3, Chapter 1, who goes to visit Fledgeby with a payment?
3. What is Mrs. Wilfer upset about in Book 4, Chapter 5?
4. Who comes to talk to Fledgeby in Book 3, Chapter 1?
5. What does Charley Hexam tell Headstone about Wrayburn in Book 4, Chapter 7?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)