|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose salary is Mrs. Boffin discussing with Rokesmith in Book 3, Chapter 5?
2. In whose arms does the traveler die in Book 3, Chapter 8?
(a) Lizzie Hexam.
(b) Betty Higden.
(c) Mortimer Lightwood.
(d) Charley Hexam.
3. Where does Headstone return to work in Book 4, Chapter 7?
(a) The library.
(b) The legal firm.
(c) The ship.
(d) The school.
4. Who is trying to get in touch with Lizzie who apparently vanished in Book 2, Chapter 16?
5. Who does Noddy Boffin run into that tells him Wegg is going to discuss the will in Book 4, Chapter 3?
6. What does Bella yell at Mr. Boffin in Book 3, Chapter 15?
(a) You are a liar and a thief!
(b) His money has ruined him.
(c) I hate you!
(d) You will be sorry!
7. Who profess their love for each other in Book 3, Chapter 16?
(a) Mrs. Lammle and Jeffrey.
(b) Bella and Rokesmith.
(c) Eugene and Mortimer.
(d) Fox and Lizzie.
8. Who visits Jenny Wren's store and tries to buy a doll in Book 3, Chapter 10?
9. Who comes with a message to Jenny from Lizzie Hexam in Book 4, Chapter 9?
10. Who struggle and fall into the river and drown in Book 4, Chapter 15?
(a) Wrayburn and Hexam.
(b) Bradley and Venus.
(c) Harmon and Boffin.
(d) Headstone and Riderhood.
11. What does Venus confess to Boffin that he was plotting to do in Book 3, Chapter 14?
(a) Blackmail him.
(b) Kidnap him.
(c) Fight with him.
(d) Kill him.
12. Who does Wrayburn's companion see that later will appear in his dreams in Book 3, Chapter 10?
(a) A destitute worker.
(b) A pig-tailed girl.
(c) A peasant farmer.
(d) A haggard looking man.
13. Where does Rogue work in Book 4, Chapter 7?
(a) Plashwater Weir Mill Lock.
(b) Boffin mansion.
(c) Lammle residence.
(d) Angler's Inn.
14. Who did Riah lend money that comes to his doorstep in Book 3, Chapter 13?
15. What does Riah give Abigail Potterson?
(a) A sword to fight with.
(b) A letter about Lizzie.
(c) A locket to keep.
(d) A book to read.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 3, Chapter 1, who goes to visit Fledgeby with a payment?
2. Who tells Jenny that he is now free of servitude to Fledgeby in Book 4, Chapter 9?
3. What is Jenny offered by her visitor at the store in Book 4, Chapter 7?
4. What does Mrs. Lammle say is only a screen for Fledgeby in Book 3, Chapter 17?
5. What assumption is made about Rokesmith concerning his affection for Bella in Book 3, Chapter 15?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)