|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who glares at Rokesmith at breakfast in Book 3, Chapter 15?
(a) Mrs. Boffin.
(b) Mr. Wilfer.
(c) Mr. Boffin.
(d) Mrs. Wilfer.
2. What does Bradley think the priest is for in Book 4, Chapter 11?
(a) A funeral.
(b) A christening.
(c) A coronation.
(d) A wedding.
3. Who is devastated to hear of the unfortunate circumstances of friends in Book 4, Chapter 2?
4. Who apparently has a fondness for Lizzie Hexam in Book 3, Chapter 1?
5. What does Charley say would be unforgivable on the part of Headstone in Book 4, Chapter 7?
(a) If he fought Wilfer.
(b) If he hurt Eugene.
(c) If he lost his faith.
(d) If he proposed to Lizzie.
6. Where does Headstone return to work in Book 4, Chapter 7?
(a) The ship.
(b) The legal firm.
(c) The library.
(d) The school.
7. In order to protect whose reputation will the attacker's identity remain hidden in Book 4, Chapter 10?
8. What is Headstone's disguise in Book 4, Chapter 1?
9. What does Mrs. Lammle say is only a screen for Fledgeby in Book 3, Chapter 17?
(a) That Riah is a miser.
(b) That Twemlow owes Riah money.
(c) That Fledgeby is a hypochondriac.
(d) That Mrs. Boffin is a pauper.
10. What assumption is made about Rokesmith concerning his affection for Bella in Book 3, Chapter 15?
(a) He is too passionate.
(b) He is deceptive.
(c) He is fickle.
(d) He just wants her money.
11. Who does Lizzie tell Bella that she wants to talk to?
(a) The man who cleared her father's name.
(b) The man who fought her suitor.
(c) The man who rescued her brother.
(d) The man who saved her sister.
12. What happens when Headstone gets angry in Book 4, Chapter 1?
(a) He starts shouting.
(b) He falls down.
(c) He has a heart attack.
(d) His nose bleeds.
13. In whose arms does the traveler die in Book 3, Chapter 8?
(a) Mortimer Lightwood.
(b) Betty Higden.
(c) Lizzie Hexam.
(d) Charley Hexam.
14. What does Mr. Boffin think about the Boffins' social standing?
(a) He is afraid of losing it.
(b) He thinks it is ridiculous.
(c) He does not care about it.
(d) He needs to uphold a comparable lifestyle.
15. Who goes to visit the Veneerings in Book 4, Chapter 17?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Riah lend money that comes to his doorstep in Book 3, Chapter 13?
2. Who has declared love for Bella according to Mrs. Lammle in Book 3, Chapter 12?
3. Who tries to convince Riah to give the debtor who owes him money a break in Book 3, Chapter 13 but to no avail?
4. Who does Wrayburn's companion see that later will appear in his dreams in Book 3, Chapter 10?
5. When Mr. and Mrs. Lammle's property is about to be auctioned off, who does Mrs. Lammle go to visit in Book 3, Chapter 17?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)