|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Eugene have dinner with in Book 1, Chapter 12?
(a) John Harmon.
(b) Mr. Podsnap.
(c) Mortimer Lightwood.
(d) Alfred Lammle.
2. Who is killed mistakenly according to Rokesmith?
3. What was John Rokesmith afraid of becoming that made him take on a different persona?
(a) An accountant.
(b) Like his father.
(d) A sailor.
4. What does Eugene Wrayburn offer Lizzie?
(a) A house of her own.
(b) A marriage proposal.
(c) A new set of clothes.
(d) An education at her boardinghouse.
5. Who comes to the Boffins' house to teach Mr. Boffin how to read?
6. Who does Mr. Boffin offer the position of secretary to in Book 1, Chapter 15?
(a) Jessie Hexam.
(b) Jason Priestley.
(c) Mr. Veneering.
(d) John Rokesmith.
7. What does Mrs. Veneering want to see in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Her husband in Parliament.
(b) The coronation of the Prince.
(c) A show at the opera.
(d) A performance by her brother.
8. Who does Abby talk to about leaving the family business?
9. What is Jessie Hexam also known as?
10. What does Mrs. Boffin want her husband's tutor to give up in return for money?
(a) His stall.
(b) His books.
(c) His glasses.
(d) His magnifying lens.
11. What does the lawyer talk about?
(a) A court injunction against his son.
(b) A divorce from his wife.
(c) A rich son and his inheritance.
(d) A lawsuit by the poor.
12. Who is jealous of his or her sibling's success with the Boffins in Book 2, Chapter 8?
13. What is the name of the dead man?
(a) Mortimer Lightwood.
(b) Charley Hexam.
(c) John Harmon.
(d) Melvin Twemlow.
14. Where is the inspector investigating a report of missing lime?
(a) Six Jolly Fellowship Porters.
(b) Boffins residence.
(c) Veneering mansion.
(d) Harmon villa.
15. Who is the rich man in Book 1, Chapter 11 who has a daughter called Georgiana and is full of himself?
(a) Alfred Lammle.
(b) Eugene Fox.
(c) John Harmon.
(d) John Podsnap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bella take out in Book 2, Chapter 8 and talk about her marriage goals?
2. Who do the Boffins decide to take under their care?
3. Who has been masquerading as John Rokesmith?
4. Who discovers that Georgiana is very shy at her birthday party?
5. Who comes to the office with Charley Hexam to ask about Lizzie Hexam?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)