|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 2, Chapter 15, who schemes to win over Lizzie?
(a) Bradley Headstone and Charley Hexam.
(b) Eugene Fox and Mortimer Lighthouse.
(c) James Marks and Joseph Smiley.
(d) Silas Wegg and Mr. Boffin.
2. Where are Mortimer Lightwood and Eugene Wrayburn sitting when they discuss their office space?
(a) Jessie' office.
(b) Mortimer's office.
(c) Alfred's office.
(d) Eugene's office.
3. What does Jenny Wren want in Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) To get married.
(b) To buy a house.
(c) To be appreciated.
(d) To own her own shop.
4. What does Mrs. Veneering want to see in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) A performance by her brother.
(b) Her husband in Parliament.
(c) A show at the opera.
(d) The coronation of the Prince.
5. What does Jessie say has given his livelihood?
(a) The town.
(b) The bank manager.
(c) His father.
(d) The river.
6. Who has been masquerading as John Rokesmith?
(a) Jessie Hexam.
(b) Charley Hexam.
(c) John Harmon.
(d) Gaffer Rogue.
7. What does Headstone accuse Lizzie of accepting in Book 2, Chapter 15?
(a) Favors from Mortimer.
(b) Favors from Eugene.
(c) Favors from Silas.
(d) Favors from Charley.
8. Who is killed mistakenly according to Rokesmith?
9. Who do the parents of Georgiana treat poorly at her birthday party?
(a) A foreign man.
(b) An old beggar.
(c) A mysterious woman.
(d) Her lover.
10. For whom does Rokesmith try to arrange schooling in Book 2, Chapter 14?
11. Who is the customer that Abby berates?
(a) Mr. Boffin.
(b) Mr. Venus.
(c) John Harmon.
(d) Mr. Rogue Riderhood.
12. Whom are Eugene and Mortimer worried about the rumors around Jessie will affect?
(a) Eugene's family.
(b) Lizzie and her suitor.
(c) Jessie's family.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Boffin.
13. Whom does Rokesmith show interest in Book 2, Chapter 8?
14. Who is Rokesmith supposed to marry?
(a) Bella Wilfer.
(b) Georgiana Podsnap.
(c) Lizzie Hexam.
(d) Jenny Wren.
15. What does Bradley Headstone try to convince Lizzie to accept?
(a) An engagement ring.
(b) A new position at the school.
(c) Him as her teacher.
(d) Money as a loan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose stubbornness lay in the way of Lizzie's advancement?
2. Who does Charley think would make a better teacher for Lizzie?
3. Who does Rokesmith work with on a ship?
4. What social event do the Veneerings host at their home?
5. What does the visitor who comes to see Eugene say about Jessie Hexam?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)