|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 1, Chapter 14, who does Eugene find dead?
(a) Mr. Boffin.
2. What did Rogue apparently receive for betraying Gaffer Hexam?
(a) Blood money.
(b) A house.
(c) A boat.
(d) His own chest of coins.
3. What do the Boffins show their visitor related to John Harmon?
(a) The room kept for him.
(b) His letters and books.
(c) His clothes and toys.
(d) His savings and accounts.
4. What does Mrs. Boffin want her husband's tutor to give up in return for money?
(a) His books.
(b) His magnifying lens.
(c) His stall.
(d) His glasses.
5. . Who settles in with the Boffins in Book 2, Chapter 8?
6. Who does John Rokesmith meet with in Book 2, Chapter 9 about the orphan for adoption?
(a) Mr. Sloppy.
(b) Mr. Fox.
(c) Mr. Boffin.
(d) Mr. Headstone.
7. What does the lawyer talk about?
(a) A divorce from his wife.
(b) A court injunction against his son.
(c) A rich son and his inheritance.
(d) A lawsuit by the poor.
8. Who offers to work as a secretary?
(a) John Rokesmith.
(b) Noddy Boffin.
(c) Jessie Hexam.
(d) Mortimer Lightwood.
9. Who does Eugene see through the window at the Hexam home?
10. For whom does Rokesmith try to arrange schooling in Book 2, Chapter 14?
11. Who is the teacher in love with Bradley Headstone in Book 2, Chapter 11?
(a) Mrs. Lammle.
(b) Miss Peecher.
(c) Georgiania Podshap.
(d) Lizzie Hexam.
12. From whom do the Boffins acquire an orphan in Book 1, Chapter 16?
(a) Mortimer Gladstone.
(b) Mrs. Betty Higden.
(c) Bella Wilfer.
(d) Silas Marner.
13. Who does Rokesmith refuse to communicate with in Book 1, Chapter 16?
14. Where are Mortimer Lightwood and Eugene Wrayburn sitting when they discuss their office space?
(a) Eugene's office.
(b) Jessie' office.
(c) Alfred's office.
(d) Mortimer's office.
15. What is the rumor about Jessie Hexam finding bodies in the river?
(a) He pretends to find them.
(b) He jinxes them.
(c) He steals from them.
(d) He hastens their death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Boffin offer the position of secretary to in Book 1, Chapter 15?
2. Who is Jessie traveling with on the Thames River?
3. Who are the Veneerings friends with?
4. Who is the boy that the Boffins plan to adopt?
5. What is the name of the dead man?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)