|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jenny Wren want in Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) To be appreciated.
(b) To get married.
(c) To own her own shop.
(d) To buy a house.
2. What is Abby's rule about drinking?
(a) She does not have any.
(b) The tap is unlimited.
(c) All broken glass must be paid for immediately.
(d) The men can drink as much as their wives will let them.
3. Who has decided to complete his studies in Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Charley Hexam.
(b) Alfred Lammles.
(c) Mortimer Lighthouse.
(d) Eugene Fox.
4. What does Eugene Wrayburn offer Lizzie?
(a) An education at her boardinghouse.
(b) A marriage proposal.
(c) A new set of clothes.
(d) A house of her own.
5. What is the rumor about Jessie Hexam finding bodies in the river?
(a) He steals from them.
(b) He jinxes them.
(c) He pretends to find them.
(d) He hastens their death.
6. Who does Rokesmith work with on a ship?
(a) John Harmon.
(b) Bella Wilfer.
(c) George Radfoot.
(d) Jessie Hexam.
7. Where does Mrs. Veneering go with Mr. Podsnap in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(c) Bridget's Cross.
8. What does Headstone accuse Lizzie of accepting in Book 2, Chapter 15?
(a) Favors from Mortimer.
(b) Favors from Eugene.
(c) Favors from Charley.
(d) Favors from Silas.
9. Who convinces Boffin to take him home to have a drink in Book 2, Chapter 7?
10. . Who settles in with the Boffins in Book 2, Chapter 8?
11. Why is Bella resentful towards Rokesmith?
(a) She thinks he is pompous.
(b) She does not want to marry him.
(c) She thinks he is ugly.
(d) She does not like being treated like property.
12. What does Jessie say has given his livelihood?
(a) His father.
(b) The river.
(c) The town.
(d) The bank manager.
13. To whom does Silas Wegg talk about his amputation in Book 1, Chapter 7?
(a) Mr. Hexam.
(b) Mr. Harmon.
(c) Mr. Venus.
(d) Mr. Boffin.
14. In Book 2, Chapter 15, who schemes to win over Lizzie?
(a) James Marks and Joseph Smiley.
(b) Bradley Headstone and Charley Hexam.
(c) Eugene Fox and Mortimer Lighthouse.
(d) Silas Wegg and Mr. Boffin.
15. What do Alfred and his new wife discover soon after their marriage about each other?
(a) They are both divorced.
(b) They are both wealthy.
(c) They are both illegitimate.
(d) They are both not wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sent the note to the lawyer about the dead body?
2. Who does Eugene have dinner with in Book 1, Chapter 12?
3. Who does Bella take out in Book 2, Chapter 8 and talk about her marriage goals?
4. What happens to Rokesmith at Rogue's residence?
5. In Book 2, Chapter 12, who does Rogue go to live with?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)