|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Mortimer Lightwood and Eugene Wrayburn sitting when they discuss their office space?
(a) Mortimer's office.
(b) Jessie' office.
(c) Eugene's office.
(d) Alfred's office.
2. Who convinces Boffin to take him home to have a drink in Book 2, Chapter 7?
3. In Book 2, Chapter 15, who schemes to win over Lizzie?
(a) James Marks and Joseph Smiley.
(b) Eugene Fox and Mortimer Lighthouse.
(c) Silas Wegg and Mr. Boffin.
(d) Bradley Headstone and Charley Hexam.
4. Whose boat does Eugene see empty lying near the Hexam home?
5. After recovering from the death of the young orphan, who decides to leave the Boffin residence?
(a) Betty Hidgen.
(b) Georgiana Podsnap.
(c) Bella Wilfer.
(d) Mrs. Lammle.
6. What do the Boffins show their visitor related to John Harmon?
(a) His clothes and toys.
(b) The room kept for him.
(c) His letters and books.
(d) His savings and accounts.
7. Who does Rokesmith talk to in Book 2, Chapter 14 that is happy about Bella's life?
(a) Mr. Boffin.
(b) Mrs. Lammle.
(c) Mr. Wilfer.
(d) Mr. Podsnap.
8. Who sent the note to the lawyer about the dead body?
(a) Jessie Hexam.
(b) Lizzie Hexam.
(c) Melvin Twemlow.
(d) Charley Hexam.
9. Who has Mr. Boffin and his wife not seen since the person was a little child?
(a) John Harmon.
(b) Abby Potterson.
(c) Lizzie Hexam.
(d) Silas Wegg.
10. Whose stubbornness lay in the way of Lizzie's advancement?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her teacher.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
11. What does the child unfortunately have that Rokesmith discovers in Book 2, Chapter 9?
(a) A lying tendency.
(b) Health problems.
(c) A bad temper.
12. Who is Rokesmith supposed to marry?
(a) Bella Wilfer.
(b) Georgiana Podsnap.
(c) Jenny Wren.
(d) Lizzie Hexam.
13. Who does John Rokesmith meet with in Book 2, Chapter 9 about the orphan for adoption?
(a) Mr. Sloppy.
(b) Mr. Headstone.
(c) Mr. Fox.
(d) Mr. Boffin.
14. Who comes to the Boffins' house to teach Mr. Boffin how to read?
15. Whom does Rokesmith show interest in Book 2, Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Headstone accuse Lizzie of accepting in Book 2, Chapter 15?
2. Who is Alfred Lammle going to marry in Book 1, Chapter 10?
3. Who does Mr. Lammle congratulate for acting as matchmaker for Georgiana?
4. What does Mrs. Veneering want to see in Book 2, Chapter 3?
5. From whom do the Boffins acquire an orphan in Book 1, Chapter 16?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)