|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the inspector investigating a report of missing lime?
(a) Six Jolly Fellowship Porters.
(b) Boffins residence.
(c) Veneering mansion.
(d) Harmon villa.
2. Who is killed mistakenly according to Rokesmith?
3. Who offers to work as a secretary?
(a) John Rokesmith.
(b) Jessie Hexam.
(c) Noddy Boffin.
(d) Mortimer Lightwood.
4. In Book 1, Chapter 10, where are wedding preparations underway?
(a) Harmon villa.
(b) Georgiana residence.
(c) Lammle lake.
(d) Veneering mansion.
5. . Who settles in with the Boffins in Book 2, Chapter 8?
6. What is the rumor about Jessie Hexam finding bodies in the river?
(a) He hastens their death.
(b) He steals from them.
(c) He pretends to find them.
(d) He jinxes them.
7. What is Abby's rule about drinking?
(a) All broken glass must be paid for immediately.
(b) She does not have any.
(c) The tap is unlimited.
(d) The men can drink as much as their wives will let them.
8. What does Jenny Wren want in Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) To own her own shop.
(b) To get married.
(c) To be appreciated.
(d) To buy a house.
9. What do Alfred and his new wife discover soon after their marriage about each other?
(a) They are both wealthy.
(b) They are both illegitimate.
(c) They are both not wealthy.
(d) They are both divorced.
10. Whose stubbornness lay in the way of Lizzie's advancement?
(a) Her teacher.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her mother.
11. Who is George Radfoot?
(a) A sailor Rogue knew.
(b) An accountant Rogue killed.
(c) A teacher Rogue had.
(d) A Gaffer Rogue employed.
12. Who is Alfred Lammle going to marry in Book 1, Chapter 10?
13. Who does Mr. Lammle congratulate for acting as matchmaker for Georgiana?
(a) His wife.
(c) His brother.
14. Who is paying for Lizzie's education?
15. Who is the boy that the Boffins plan to adopt?
(a) Charley Hexam.
(b) Jessie Hexam.
(c) John Harmon.
(d) Eugene Fox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eugene Wrayburn offer Lizzie?
2. Who is the rich man in Book 1, Chapter 11 who has a daughter called Georgiana and is full of himself?
3. What does Bradley Headstone try to convince Lizzie to accept?
4. What does the visitor who comes to see Eugene say about Jessie Hexam?
5. Who sent the note to the lawyer about the dead body?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)