|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the inspector investigating a report of missing lime?
(a) Six Jolly Fellowship Porters.
(b) Boffins residence.
(c) Harmon villa.
(d) Veneering mansion.
2. Who is the woman that was supposed to marry the dead man?
(a) Lizzie Hexam.
(b) Becca Tristen.
(c) Mary Holden.
(d) Bella Wilfer.
3. What does Rokesmith do after the death of the little orphan?
(a) Comforts Mrs. Boffin.
(b) Tries to gain control over the estate.
(c) Wages war.
(d) Assumes legal rights.
4. Who offers to work as a secretary?
(a) Mortimer Lightwood.
(b) Noddy Boffin.
(c) Jessie Hexam.
(d) John Rokesmith.
5. Who is paying for Lizzie's education?
6. Who is the rich man in Book 1, Chapter 11 who has a daughter called Georgiana and is full of himself?
(a) Alfred Lammle.
(b) John Harmon.
(c) John Podsnap.
(d) Eugene Fox.
7. Who does Abby talk to about leaving the family business?
8. What does Jessie say has given his livelihood?
(a) The river.
(b) The bank manager.
(c) The town.
(d) His father.
9. Who does Mr. Lammle congratulate for acting as matchmaker for Georgiana?
(a) His wife.
(c) His brother.
10. Who is the headmaster of the school in Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Alfred Lammles.
(b) Lizzie Hexam.
(c) Jessie Hexam.
(d) Bradley Headstone.
11. Whom are Eugene and Mortimer worried about the rumors around Jessie will affect?
(a) Eugene's family.
(b) Jessie's family.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Boffin.
(d) Lizzie and her suitor.
12. What did Rogue apparently receive for betraying Gaffer Hexam?
(a) A house.
(b) A boat.
(c) Blood money.
(d) His own chest of coins.
13. From whom do the Boffins acquire an orphan in Book 1, Chapter 16?
(a) Mrs. Betty Higden.
(b) Mortimer Gladstone.
(c) Bella Wilfer.
(d) Silas Marner.
14. Who are the Veneerings friends with?
(a) Jessie Hexam.
(b) Melvin Twemlow.
(c) Mortimer Lightwood.
(d) Lizzie Hexam.
15. Whose stubbornness lay in the way of Lizzie's advancement?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her teacher.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the parents of Georgiana treat poorly at her birthday party?
2. Who has been masquerading as John Rokesmith?
3. Who is the teacher in love with Bradley Headstone in Book 2, Chapter 11?
4. What plans does Mr. Venus discuss with Boffin's guest in Book 2, Chapter 7?
5. Who does Noddy Boffin see when he gets home in Book 1, Chapter 9?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)