|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 1, Chapter 14, who does Eugene find dead?
(b) Mr. Boffin.
2. Who has Mr. Boffin and his wife not seen since the person was a little child?
(a) Silas Wegg.
(b) Lizzie Hexam.
(c) John Harmon.
(d) Abby Potterson.
3. Who does Abby talk to about leaving the family business?
4. What is Jessie Hexam also known as?
5. What is the name of the tavern where Miss Abbey Potterson is a manager?
(a) Brotherhood of the Rose.
(b) Six Jolly Fellowship Porters.
(c) Rogue Riderhood.
(d) Gaffer Rose.
6. Who do the parents of Georgiana treat poorly at her birthday party?
(a) A foreign man.
(b) An old beggar.
(c) Her lover.
(d) A mysterious woman.
7. Who is the boy that the Boffins plan to adopt?
(a) Eugene Fox.
(b) Charley Hexam.
(c) Jessie Hexam.
(d) John Harmon.
8. Where does Mrs. Veneering go with Mr. Podsnap in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(d) Bridget's Cross.
9. Who has been masquerading as John Rokesmith?
(a) Gaffer Rogue.
(b) John Harmon.
(c) Jessie Hexam.
(d) Charley Hexam.
10. Who is Charley worried about in Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) His sister.
(b) His lover.
(c) His mother.
(d) His friend.
11. What was John Rokesmith afraid of becoming that made him take on a different persona?
(b) A sailor.
(c) An accountant.
(d) Like his father.
12. Near what bridge does Jessie and his companion pass?
13. Who is the rich man in Book 1, Chapter 11 who has a daughter called Georgiana and is full of himself?
(a) John Harmon.
(b) John Podsnap.
(c) Eugene Fox.
(d) Alfred Lammle.
14. Who does Mr. Boffin offer the position of secretary to in Book 1, Chapter 15?
(a) Jessie Hexam.
(b) Jason Priestley.
(c) John Rokesmith.
(d) Mr. Veneering.
15. Whose stubbornness lay in the way of Lizzie's advancement?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her teacher.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose boat does Eugene see empty lying near the Hexam home?
2. What does Jessie say has given his livelihood?
3. Who is killed mistakenly according to Rokesmith?
4. Who is Alfred Lammle going to marry in Book 1, Chapter 10?
5. Who is Jessie traveling with on the Thames River?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)