|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom do the Boffins acquire an orphan in Book 1, Chapter 16?
(a) Mortimer Gladstone.
(b) Bella Wilfer.
(c) Silas Marner.
(d) Mrs. Betty Higden.
2. What was John Rokesmith afraid of becoming that made him take on a different persona?
(a) An accountant.
(c) Like his father.
(d) A sailor.
3. Near what bridge does Jessie and his companion pass?
4. Who is Rokesmith supposed to marry?
(a) Bella Wilfer.
(b) Jenny Wren.
(c) Georgiana Podsnap.
(d) Lizzie Hexam.
5. What does Headstone accuse Lizzie of accepting in Book 2, Chapter 15?
(a) Favors from Eugene.
(b) Favors from Mortimer.
(c) Favors from Charley.
(d) Favors from Silas.
6. What does the visitor who comes to see Eugene say about Jessie Hexam?
(a) He is deathly ill by the anthrax poison he was exposed to.
(b) He was kidnapped and is being tortured by the Wilfers.
(c) He murdered John Harmon and confessed his crime.
(d) He drowned in the river with floating bodies.
7. What do Alfred and his new wife discover soon after their marriage about each other?
(a) They are both wealthy.
(b) They are both illegitimate.
(c) They are both divorced.
(d) They are both not wealthy.
8. What does Rokesmith do after the death of the little orphan?
(a) Assumes legal rights.
(b) Tries to gain control over the estate.
(c) Comforts Mrs. Boffin.
(d) Wages war.
9. Who is the customer that Abby berates?
(a) John Harmon.
(b) Mr. Venus.
(c) Mr. Boffin.
(d) Mr. Rogue Riderhood.
10. What does Rogue recognize about the man who comes to visit him in Book 2, Chapter 12?
(a) His knife and coat.
(b) His long hair.
(c) His manner of speaking.
(d) His blue eyes.
11. What plans does Mr. Venus discuss with Boffin's guest in Book 2, Chapter 7?
(a) To figure out how to take over power from the Hexams.
(b) To figure out how to steal money from Mortimer.
(c) To figure out if there is anything valuable in the Bower.
(d) To figure out how to rob the Jenkins of their eggs.
12. What is the name of the dead man?
(a) Melvin Twemlow.
(b) John Harmon.
(c) Charley Hexam.
(d) Mortimer Lightwood.
13. What does Bella insist that she must marry for?
14. What does Mrs. Veneering want to see in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) A show at the opera.
(b) Her husband in Parliament.
(c) A performance by her brother.
(d) The coronation of the Prince.
15. Who is the man that is infatuated with Georgiana according to Mrs. Lammle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rogue's relationship with the person he goes to live with in Book 2, Chapter 12?
2. What does Eugene Wrayburn offer Lizzie?
3. Who bothers Silas Wegg?
4. Whom are Eugene and Mortimer worried about the rumors around Jessie will affect?
5. Who has decided to complete his studies in Book 2, Chapter 1?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)