|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four, A Turning: Chapter 1, Setting Traps; Chapter 2, The Golden Dustman Rises a Little; Chapter 3, The Golden Dustman Sinks Again; and Chapter 4, A Runaway Match.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom do the Boffins acquire an orphan in Book 1, Chapter 16?
(a) Mrs. Betty Higden.
(b) Silas Marner.
(c) Bella Wilfer.
(d) Mortimer Gladstone.
2. What is Abby's rule about drinking?
(a) The tap is unlimited.
(b) She does not have any.
(c) All broken glass must be paid for immediately.
(d) The men can drink as much as their wives will let them.
3. Whose stubbornness lay in the way of Lizzie's advancement?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her teacher.
4. Where are Mortimer Lightwood and Eugene Wrayburn sitting when they discuss their office space?
(a) Eugene's office.
(b) Mortimer's office.
(c) Alfred's office.
(d) Jessie' office.
5. What does Riah try to prove to Abigail about Rogue?
(a) That he is her brother.
(b) That he is a villain.
(c) That he is captured.
(d) That he is a liar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jenny Wren?
2. Who does Potterson try to revive in Book 3, Chapter 3?
3. What is the name of the tavern where Miss Abbey Potterson is a manager?
4. What is Wegg bitter about as he stands outside the Boffin residence?
5. Who is the headmaster of the school in Book 2, Chapter 1?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)