|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Mercury Prompting; Chapter 6, A Riddle without an Answer; Chapter 7, In Which a Friendly Move is Originated; and Chapter 8, In Which an Innocent Elopement Occurs.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Veneering want to see in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) A show at the opera.
(b) Her husband in Parliament.
(c) The coronation of the Prince.
(d) A performance by her brother.
2. In Book 1, Chapter 14, who does Eugene find dead?
(b) Mr. Boffin.
3. Who is paying for Lizzie's education?
4. What did Boffin first think a secretary was?
(a) A military leader.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) An accountant.
(d) A piece of furniture.
5. Who sent the note to the lawyer about the dead body?
(a) Lizzie Hexam.
(b) Jessie Hexam.
(c) Charley Hexam.
(d) Melvin Twemlow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom are Eugene and Mortimer worried about the rumors around Jessie will affect?
2. What does Mrs. Boffin want her husband's tutor to give up in return for money?
3. What does Eugene Wrayburn offer Lizzie?
4. What does the man who bothers Silas Wegg want to learn from him?
5. Whom does Rokesmith show interest in Book 2, Chapter 8?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)