|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Mercury Prompting; Chapter 6, A Riddle without an Answer; Chapter 7, In Which a Friendly Move is Originated; and Chapter 8, In Which an Innocent Elopement Occurs.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the rich man in Book 1, Chapter 11 who has a daughter called Georgiana and is full of himself?
(a) John Harmon.
(b) Eugene Fox.
(c) Alfred Lammle.
(d) John Podsnap.
2. Where are Mortimer Lightwood and Eugene Wrayburn sitting when they discuss their office space?
(a) Jessie' office.
(b) Eugene's office.
(c) Mortimer's office.
(d) Alfred's office.
3. What does Mrs. Boffin want her husband's tutor to give up in return for money?
(a) His glasses.
(b) His stall.
(c) His books.
(d) His magnifying lens.
4. Who is the woman that was supposed to marry the dead man?
(a) Lizzie Hexam.
(b) Mary Holden.
(c) Becca Tristen.
(d) Bella Wilfer.
5. Who is Alfred Lammle going to marry in Book 1, Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Lammle try to get closer to in Book 2, Chapter 4?
2. Who sent the note to the lawyer about the dead body?
3. What do Alfred and his new wife discover soon after their marriage about each other?
4. In Book 1, Chapter 14, who does Eugene find dead?
5. Whom are Eugene and Mortimer worried about the rumors around Jessie will affect?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)