|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Mercury Prompting; Chapter 6, A Riddle without an Answer; Chapter 7, In Which a Friendly Move is Originated; and Chapter 8, In Which an Innocent Elopement Occurs.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the boy that the Boffins plan to adopt?
(a) Jessie Hexam.
(b) Eugene Fox.
(c) John Harmon.
(d) Charley Hexam.
2. Who has decided to complete his studies in Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Eugene Fox.
(b) Charley Hexam.
(c) Mortimer Lighthouse.
(d) Alfred Lammles.
3. What is the rumor about Jessie Hexam finding bodies in the river?
(a) He jinxes them.
(b) He steals from them.
(c) He pretends to find them.
(d) He hastens their death.
4. Who comes to the office with Charley Hexam to ask about Lizzie Hexam?
(a) Mortimer Lightwood.
(b) Bradley Headstone.
(c) Alfred Lammle.
(d) Lizzie Hexam.
5. What plans does Mr. Venus discuss with Boffin's guest in Book 2, Chapter 7?
(a) To figure out how to steal money from Mortimer.
(b) To figure out how to take over power from the Hexams.
(c) To figure out how to rob the Jenkins of their eggs.
(d) To figure out if there is anything valuable in the Bower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the visitor who comes to see Eugene say about Jessie Hexam?
2. Who does Eugene have dinner with in Book 1, Chapter 12?
3. Who does Eugene see through the window at the Hexam home?
4. . Who settles in with the Boffins in Book 2, Chapter 8?
5. Whose boat does Eugene see empty lying near the Hexam home?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)