|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Concerning the Mendicant's Bride; Chapter 6, A Cry for Help; Chapter 7, Better to be Abel than Cain; and Chapter 8, A Few Grains of Pepper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to convince Riah to give the debtor who owes him money a break in Book 3, Chapter 13 but to no avail?
2. Who does Lizzie tell Bella that she wants to talk to?
(a) The man who saved her sister.
(b) The man who fought her suitor.
(c) The man who cleared her father's name.
(d) The man who rescued her brother.
3. Who is the boy that the Boffins plan to adopt?
(a) John Harmon.
(b) Eugene Fox.
(c) Jessie Hexam.
(d) Charley Hexam.
4. Where does Headstone return to work in Book 4, Chapter 7?
(a) The ship.
(b) The library.
(c) The school.
(d) The legal firm.
5. Where does Rogue work in Book 4, Chapter 7?
(a) Angler's Inn.
(b) Lammle residence.
(c) Boffin mansion.
(d) Plashwater Weir Mill Lock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sent the note to the lawyer about the dead body?
2. What does Riah try to prove to Abigail about Rogue?
3. What assumption is made about Rokesmith concerning his affection for Bella in Book 3, Chapter 15?
4. Who does Rokesmith talk to in Book 2, Chapter 14 that is happy about Bella's life?
5. What did Rogue apparently receive for betraying Gaffer Hexam?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)