|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Birds of a Feather: Chapter 1, Of an Educational Character, Chapter 2, Still Educational; Chapter 3, A Piece of Work; and Chapter 4, Cupid Prompted.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Silas Wegg do on a London corner?
(a) Play music.
(b) Dance non-stop.
(c) Set up a small shop.
(d) Fight with locals.
2. Who does Eugene see through the window at the Hexam home?
3. Who does Eugene have dinner with in Book 1, Chapter 12?
(a) John Harmon.
(b) Mortimer Lightwood.
(c) Mr. Podsnap.
(d) Alfred Lammle.
4. What does Eugene Wrayburn offer Lizzie?
(a) A house of her own.
(b) A new set of clothes.
(c) A marriage proposal.
(d) An education at her boardinghouse.
5. Who does Mr. Boffin offer the position of secretary to in Book 1, Chapter 15?
(a) John Rokesmith.
(b) Jason Priestley.
(c) Jessie Hexam.
(d) Mr. Veneering.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rokesmith refuse to communicate with in Book 1, Chapter 16?
2. What social event do the Veneerings host at their home?
3. Where does Mrs. Veneering go with Mr. Podsnap in Book 2, Chapter 3?
4. What does the visitor who comes to see Eugene say about Jessie Hexam?
5. Who is Jessie traveling with on the Thames River?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)