|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Birds of a Feather: Chapter 1, Of an Educational Character, Chapter 2, Still Educational; Chapter 3, A Piece of Work; and Chapter 4, Cupid Prompted.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jessie pull out of the water?
(a) A buoy.
(d) A toy.
2. Who do the Boffins decide to take under their care?
3. What social event do the Veneerings host at their home?
(a) A dinner party.
(b) A movie night.
(c) A luncheon.
(d) A theater performance.
4. What does Eugene Wrayburn offer Lizzie?
(a) A marriage proposal.
(b) A house of her own.
(c) A new set of clothes.
(d) An education at her boardinghouse.
5. Who sent the note to the lawyer about the dead body?
(a) Jessie Hexam.
(b) Melvin Twemlow.
(c) Charley Hexam.
(d) Lizzie Hexam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man that is infatuated with Georgiana according to Mrs. Lammle?
2. Who is the headmaster of the school in Book 2, Chapter 1?
3. What does Silas Wegg do on a London corner?
4. Whom are Eugene and Mortimer worried about the rumors around Jessie will affect?
5. Who offers to work as a secretary?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)