|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Birds of a Feather: Chapter 1, Of an Educational Character, Chapter 2, Still Educational; Chapter 3, A Piece of Work; and Chapter 4, Cupid Prompted.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers to work as a secretary?
(a) Mortimer Lightwood.
(b) John Rokesmith.
(c) Jessie Hexam.
(d) Noddy Boffin.
2. Who are the Veneerings friends with?
(a) Jessie Hexam.
(b) Lizzie Hexam.
(c) Melvin Twemlow.
(d) Mortimer Lightwood.
3. What does the lawyer talk about?
(a) A rich son and his inheritance.
(b) A court injunction against his son.
(c) A divorce from his wife.
(d) A lawsuit by the poor.
4. What social event do the Veneerings host at their home?
(a) A movie night.
(b) A dinner party.
(c) A theater performance.
(d) A luncheon.
5. In Book 1, Chapter 10, where are wedding preparations underway?
(a) Georgiana residence.
(b) Lammle lake.
(c) Harmon villa.
(d) Veneering mansion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers that Georgiana is very shy at her birthday party?
2. Who does Noddy Boffin see when he gets home in Book 1, Chapter 9?
3. What does Mrs. Veneering want to see in Book 2, Chapter 3?
4. What does Silas Wegg do on a London corner?
5. Where does Mrs. Veneering go with Mr. Podsnap in Book 2, Chapter 3?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)